Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIP Developer Roundtable - March 2019

KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,556
I haven't seen this posted anywhere. Here is the new VIP Roundtable. 

This time it's with Brad Mcquiad, Ben Dean, and Ben Walters

Notably, they address the faction system, the disposition system and alignment, the player economy (they have an economist working with the team), class and hybrid philosophy, level-up design, 4k gaming, and automation. There’s also a lengthy section on group finders; the short version is that yes, the game will have one for onboarding purposes, but the developers consider it voluntary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-IxcCNNBw&feature=youtu.be

Helpfull Transcript

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vT_5q9nW1LjrQ7IXVJQS1i2VdA40AS1f3bv58Lg_ENY7Rw8is3jtuO9LSKdGIObgbTTJMbCgEkopw9y/pub
Amathe[Deleted User]

Comments

• comitroncomitron Member UncommonPosts: 37
    I have been out of PC gaming for a hot minute now. This game is what will bring me back. I am so tired of all the dumbed down cookie cutter games whose mentality is to blitz through the rng content as fast as possible then rise repeat.

Full disclosure.. I am old-school. I started playing EQ in May of 1999, so I am not the longest playing EQ player.. there are about 100 more ;) I am also an ex Guide. (loved this concept, and i really hope they are able to bring this back in a meaningful way. Volunteer workforce is such a huge under utilized opportunity today)

I would like to add a point for clarification. us "old school" guys aren't looking to make things harder. We are wanting gaming to get back to when you gave a damn. It was mentioned in the last video, that its not necessarily about being harder, but being more meaningful. Yes, this could potentially  make the game harder, but making the game harder for a reason is so much more rewarding when you step back and can say proudly, "YES! WE DID IT". There are sooo many ingredients into accomplishing that.. itemization, class combination in parties, hand crafted quest lines, thoughtfull encounters, economics, etc. I salute you for taking on this challenge, and look forward to playing this game. 

btw, i went to kickstarter to get the link for the pledging website. Yes i know the kickstarter ran out, but there was a link there i was thinking was different from pantheonmmo  i wanted to see if they had updated it. On the kickstarter post comments it references going to pantheonrotf.com to make donations. If you happen to see that, that site looks to have been taken down and the pledging opportunities are now in the official www.pantheonmmo.com/join website. if you havent done so, and are interested in supporting this game, please consider donating and following on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/

looking forward to seeing you all in game!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    comitron said:

Volunteer workforce is such a huge under utilized opportunity today)
    That is because it is very easy to get sued under wage and hour statutes, especially if the volunteer work is for a private, for-profit company. 
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    comitron said:
    I have been out of PC gaming for a hot minute now. This game is what will bring me back. I am so tired of all the dumbed down cookie cutter games whose mentality is to blitz through the rng content as fast as possible then rise repeat.

Full disclosure.. I am old-school. I started playing EQ in May of 1999, so I am not the longest playing EQ player.. there are about 100 more ;) I am also an ex Guide. (loved this concept, and i really hope they are able to bring this back in a meaningful way. Volunteer workforce is such a huge under utilized opportunity today)

I would like to add a point for clarification. us "old school" guys aren't looking to make things harder. We are wanting gaming to get back to when you gave a damn. It was mentioned in the last video, that its not necessarily about being harder, but being more meaningful. Yes, this could potentially  make the game harder, but making the game harder for a reason is so much more rewarding when you step back and can say proudly, "YES! WE DID IT". There are sooo many ingredients into accomplishing that.. itemization, class combination in parties, hand crafted quest lines, thoughtfull encounters, economics, etc. I salute you for taking on this challenge, and look forward to playing this game. 

btw, i went to kickstarter to get the link for the pledging website. Yes i know the kickstarter ran out, but there was a link there i was thinking was different from pantheonmmo  i wanted to see if they had updated it. On the kickstarter post comments it references going to pantheonrotf.com to make donations. If you happen to see that, that site looks to have been taken down and the pledging opportunities are now in the official www.pantheonmmo.com/join website. if you havent done so, and are interested in supporting this game, please consider donating and following on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pantheonmmo/

looking forward to seeing you all in game!
    Love the part about being "meaningful" more than "hard" and if hard because of it then OK.

I'm playing two games. One is meaningful and hard, and the other one is hard just to be hard.

Legends of Aria- meaningful and hard, I get that feeling of YES! WE DID IT.  

Outward - This game is Brutal, a lot like Darksouls.  The first week I almost quit from frustration a few times.  However the game is fascinating enough to continue playing. 

BUT after some time I realize something ....... It's only hard because they give you almost no health stamina or mana...... How I realized this is by traveling across vast lands to take all the basic abilities from each class trainer.  Each one gives boost to health, stamina and mana. 

Important:
    You really don't need to take their core abilities for that class, but simply health, stamina and mana !....... They basically leaves you lacking in the basics. The core abilities helps too, but not mandatory.

Key wards: Lacking in the basics