Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of the Storm Seems to be Teasing the Long-Rumored Arrival of Anduin Wrynn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageHeroes of the Storm Seems to be Teasing the Long-Rumored Arrival of Anduin Wrynn - MMORPG.com

The Heroes of the Storm Twitter seems to be teasing the next hero with a new image posted yesterday. One of the most widely rumored heroes players have been expecting is Anduin Wrynn from World of Warcraft. The image seems to show Shalamayne, once the sword of Anduin's father, Varian. After Varian's death in WoW, the sword passed to Anduin. During a cinematic video for Battle for Azeroth, the light at the center of the sword changed from red to a golden one.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I would have rather seen Vol'Jin added since we already have Varian. Even Cairn Bloodhoof before Andy. :/
    VexiusxBlueThunderBearTim4290

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102

SBFord said:

I would have rather seen Vol'Jin added since we already have Varian. Even Cairn Bloodhoof before Andy. :/

Begone back to your dirt city horde filth. There is no room for savages in the Alliance.
    SBFordXarkoPuReDusT
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    mallettjt said:

SBFord said:

Begone back to your dirt city horde filth. There is no room for savages in the Alliance.
    Alliance dog. :P

Still, I think there are a lot of past WoW heroes that could have been added before Andy and another healer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

SBFord said:

mallettjt said:

SBFord said:

Alliance dog. :P

Still, I think there are a lot of past WoW heroes that could have been added before Andy and another healer.

Bwomsamdi!

I mean, i would still not play it because it's point and click, but Bwomsamdi would be a cool addition.
    Matimusmaximus

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

SBFord said:

How dare you, Horde filth, deny the coming of our King!?
    SBFordMushmoo

Asch126 said:

SBFord said:

How dare you, Horde filth, deny the coming of our King!?

Anduin died for our sins, but on the third day MANDUIN rose again.
    SBFord
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Anduin's nice but I'm still waiting on Reinhardt. 
    edited April 2019

Aeander said:

I hate when they add overwatch characters, even though they are all extremely fun and i have most of them to 20-24. I think it's because i have zero interest in overwatches world and lore. I was when it first came out but it feels like a platform for political grandstanding at this point. ALL OF THAT BEING SAID. I would genuinly be excited for rienhardt because his whole appeal and backstory is one of the few things from that game that I do like.
    Same with Bridgette or roadhog.
  • VexiusxVexiusx Member UncommonPosts: 212
    This is great news for the 2K players that still actually play this after blizzard has killed this game off end of 2018 with their statement of no esports anymore and most devs moved away from HOTS.
    PuReDusT
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Vexiusx said:

This is great news for the 2K players that still actually play this after blizzard has killed this game off end of 2018 with their statement of no esports anymore and most devs moved away from HOTS.

What I find most interesting, is that many of the balance changes post HGC era have made the game far more enjoyable. Now that they don't have the pro-scene meta to worry about, the devs left on the project can try some new ideas. One of the devs teased a Chen rework on the subreddit the other day, which is something Chen has needed for a long time.

Game is far more enjoyable to play now too in the post HGC era. All of the sweaty tryhards seemed to have left. I rarely see anyone raging during a game now.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    HotS never should have had an esports scene to begin with. It contradicts the type of game that HotS is and the type of audience that HotS sought to have.
    [Deleted User]SBFord
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Nyctelios said:

Vexiusx said:

I would rather have fun in a game with 2k playerbase than meddling with millions of toxic ones.

This.

I can't stand the communities of most MOBA games, but HOTS has been okay. I've been playing it on and off, when they updated how it finds matches, I've been able to get games a hell of a lot quicker than I used to as well (no more 5+ minute queues).
    [Deleted User]SBFord
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Nyctelios said:

Nyctelios said:

Vexiusx said:

I would rather have fun in a game with 2k playerbase than meddling with millions of toxic ones.

This.

I can't stand the communities of most MOBA games, but HOTS has been okay. I've been playing it on and off, when they updated how it finds matches, I've been able to get games a hell of a lot quicker than I used to as well (no more 5+ minute queues).
    I miss some moba action. Spending time with MTG:Arena is unhealthy until they fix their RNG script. I miss HoTs, I guess I'll go back and play it.
    What happened to the RNG in MTG:A? I haven't played in a bit as I tend to play real magic more. It felt okay back when I was playing but that was like launch week. 
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Priests can't equip swords! Ninja looter alert!!
    [Deleted User]
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Kaneth said:

Vexiusx said:

What I find most interesting, is that many of the balance changes post HGC era have made the game far more enjoyable. Now that they don't have the pro-scene meta to worry about, the devs left on the project can try some new ideas. One of the devs teased a Chen rework on the subreddit the other day, which is something Chen has needed for a long time.

Game is far more enjoyable to play now too in the post HGC era. All of the sweaty tryhards seemed to have left. I rarely see anyone raging during a game now.

The balancing has also been very good as well, far better than it was before.
    edited April 2019
    mallettjt said:

Aeander said:

I hate when they add overwatch characters, even though they are all extremely fun and i have most of them to 20-24. I think it's because i have zero interest in overwatches world and lore. I was when it first came out but it feels like a platform for political grandstanding at this point. ALL OF THAT BEING SAID. I would genuinly be excited for rienhardt because his whole appeal and backstory is one of the few things from that game that I do like.
    There is a lot of political stuff here that I have no desire to touch. So I won't.

Lore is irrelevant to HotS. Completely and utterly so. It is a PvP-only game in a PvP-only genre that makes no attempt to be otherwise.

What I care about when it comes to new characters is simple - appearance, role, and kit. Reinhardt looks cool. He would be a tank, which HotS needs way more of. He has the potential for a very fun kit. That's all that matters.

I for one don't get annoyed at characters from a certain game. My preference is Diablo, but I welcome any break from the constant Warcraft releases. And even then, the only time I get actively annoyed is when irrelevant or even non-canon characters get in before important ones.
    edited April 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    Aeander said:
    mallettjt said:

Aeander said:

There is a lot of political stuff here that I have no desire to touch. So I won't.

Lore is irrelevant to HotS. Completely and utterly so. It is a PvP-only game in a PvP-only genre that makes no attempt to be otherwise.

What I care about when it comes to new characters is simple - appearance, role, and kit. Reinhardt looks cool. He would be a tank, which HotS needs way more of. He has the potential for a very fun kit. That's all that matters.

I for one don't get annoyed at characters from a certain game. My preference is Diablo, but I welcome any break from the constant Warcraft releases. And even then, the only time I get actively annoyed is when irrelevant or even non-canon characters get in before important ones.
    Hmmmmm actually HoTs is pushing lore really hard. The last maps and the unique hero are all tied to HoTs very own lore.

Not that I like, mind me, I think that mobas should have zero lore. It makes no sense. 

Lets just pick our favorite waifus and clash with no further depth to it other than having a  good time.
    It's like the half-steppiest of half-steps. It's barely worth noting.

And I fucking hate it. Because I hate OCs in crossovers in general. It's a crossover. The complete and literal point is to celebrate the franchises it is pulling from. 

I tolerated it as a minor annoyance in HotS because it was just one crappy OC. Compared to say, Master x Master where over 3 quarters of the roster in a supposed crossover were crappy OCs.

(Off topic tangent time)

I also hate how boring OCs and immersion breaking costumes have taken over Fire Emblem Heroes, my only mobile game of choice which is meant to celebrate my favorite franchise.

Aeander said:

mallettjt said:

Aeander said:

Yea but what I was trying to say, apparently very inarticulately lol, is that for me atleast, there isn't that sense of excitement like with warcraft, diablo, or starcraft. Hell even lost vikings got me giddy. I just find it really hard to get excited for overwatch heroes like i do for others. As said I have all of them to decent levels as they are genuinly fun and unique to play. But the magic of hots for me is that blizzard universe.
    mallettjt said:

Aeander said:

mallettjt said:

Aeander said:

Yea but what I was trying to say, apparently very inarticulately lol, is that for me atleast, there isn't that sense of excitement like with warcraft, diablo, or starcraft. Hell even lost vikings got me giddy. I just find it really hard to get excited for overwatch heroes like i do for others. As said I have all of them to decent levels as they are genuinly fun and unique to play. But the magic of hots for me is that blizzard universe.
    Unpopular opinion, but Starcraft characters make me groan. I like the Protoss exclusively, and the rest bore me. I also find that Starcraft characters tend to be the most boring ones to play.