Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ship of Heroes Will Sport 'the Best UI in the Galaxy'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

According to the Ship of Heroes team, when the game launches, it will come with "the best UI in the galaxy". To showcase progress towards that lofty goal, a new blog has been posted to show the how players can customize every element of the UI in one of two ways: Through a slider for global resizing or each element can be resized and moved on its own. 

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    well, they will have to compare to tom clancy. gl.
    RexKushman

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Are these devs living in a bubble where they've never played any other games? The options lised in their blog post simply lay out what should be basic ui customization, absolutely nothing they plan is at all new or exciting, heck its actually way more limiting than many. many other MMO's. There are already games where you can control every aspect of the UI. Hell even a game like SWTOR that people tend to piss on these days, I still think it's an awesome MMORPG, lets you control size, location, word scale, opacity of every window on the UI and you can turn any piece on of off to make it as clean or cluttered as you want. I believe BDO does the same.

These guys need to stop drinking their own Kool-Aid and get back to work.
    WarzodSolancerWhiskeydustDAOWAceNephethSpriggen1337ValdheimWaan

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Are these devs living in a bubble where they've never played any other games? The options lised in their blog post simply lay out what should be basic ui customization, absolutely nothing they plan is at all new or exciting, heck its actually way more limiting than many. many other MMO's. There are already games where you can control every aspect of the UI. Hell even a game like SWTOR that people tend to piss on these days, I still think it's an awesome MMORPG, lets you control size, location, word scale, opacity of every window on the UI and you can turn any piece on of off to make it as clean or cluttered as you want. I believe BDO does the same.

DBO used to have one of the worst UI's I have ever had to deal with, it has gotten better, not sure if it is good enough to get me to return tho.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    When is it released?
    Spriggen1337
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    All good, but no rest for you guys over the Easter hols...back to work said the Master Supervillain! :)
    ScottJeslis
  • AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    2024 release
    johnnychangs
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Each person has their own agenda so there is no perfect UI.
    I enjoyed FFXI's because it did exactly what i needed.
    What i usually look for and yes UI is important,is no excessive menu clicks and EASE of gameplay using the UI.
    Example,i don't want to feel like i am playing the UI and not the game.Keymapping is pretty much a game breaker and msot EVERY game does not do it 100%.Often certain keys cannot be used and so happens those keys are the ones i prefer to use,like Rshift Rcntrl.

Not a game breaker by any means but often UI is done so LAZY that after changing the keybind i still see the default key mentioned in tool tips.
    An issue i have and MANY others have had with Atlas is not being able to control the chat box,that is maybe my biggest peeve since day 1.

This is just my cents,i9 am sure other people have even more needs,so one should be careful before claiming best however maybe this guys knows all the wants and must haves and made a great UI.
    Whiskeydust

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited April 2019
    DMKano said:
    How about fixing the basics first... like the floating character in the middle of the screen?

Maybe after that focus on the UI?
    That won't sell any copies! 

A claim to have the "best UI in the galaxy"though - might get the Martians interested.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Thane said:
    well, they will have to compare to tom clancy. gl.
    The very first hour or two in TD2 many people were talking about the graphics hue,either too dark or way too bright that it looked washed out.
    The HDR setting was the problem and nobody seemed to get it set in between ,so always too bright or too dark but yes inside it was far less noticeable but outside the sky would be literally a wash.
    That is just the obvious one i know,i couldn't get into buying it because watching many days and hours of a friend streamer play i did not thin kit was a very good game.
    It also depends on how much the game is actually doing,if your just rclick fire and lclick fire and then picking up loot,how good does the UI have to be?
    Actually now that i am on the same game,most every streamer i watched couldn't figure out if the new loot was better than what they already were using,so i assume they simply went by color and if they got bored using the old weapon.
    Point being TD2 was not all that well laid out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Shout out to them putting those basic features into that POS dated looking UI.

The developer bubble is real.
    Nhisso13maskedweaselValdheim
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    The perfect UI is 100 percent customizable .The end.
    And this game is never getting released. It's like crowfall.
  • TwoCatsGamingTwoCatsGaming Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited April 2019

DMKano said:

How about fixing the basics first... like the floating character in the middle of the screen?

I'm sure they can do both, and expected that people might actually focus on the UI, in an article specifically talking about the UI, for a game still well into development.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • mikeb0817mikeb0817 Member UncommonPosts: 79

Nhisso13 said:

The perfect UI is 100 percent customizable .The end.

And this game is never getting released. It's like crowfall.

Ugh, don't say that... I backed them ?
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Someone's feeling the pressure of City of Heroes private servers huh?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    DabOnThem said:
    Might have taken a bit of wind from their sails but this development has been making progress slowly. They have been working at a steady pace I am certainly looking forward to playing it.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

They are showing they have reproduced CoHs GUI style but modernized every aspect of it in ways CoH never could considering it was developed 19 to 15 years ago. What they are showing is great to people who want to play this game, and it is impressive to us.
  • BallistaBallista Member UncommonPosts: 120

DMKano said:

I'm sure they can do both, and expected that people might actually focus on the UI, in an article specifically talking about the UI, for a game still well into development.

It most certainly will, that guy is ignorant and confusing this game with City of Titans which is vaporware. SoH already held a closed alpha stress test, and posts updates every month and responds to their forums. They are on schedule to beta by end of the year.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    cheyane said:
    DabOnThem said:
    Might have taken a bit of wind from their sails but this development has been making progress slowly. They have been working at a steady pace I am certainly looking forward to playing it.
    This is not launching for about two years, not sure the CoH private servers would be causing any concern.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Scot said:
    cheyane said:
    DabOnThem said:
    This is not launching for about two years, not sure the CoH private servers would be causing any concern.
    They have always held themselves out as the hope for the refugees of City of Heroes and the real game's potential comeback will definitely dampen some of their zeal. All they can wish for now is for the NCsoft legal team to shut it down quickly. I hope not too quickly at least .
    Chamber of Chains
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    Ballista said:

They are showing they have reproduced CoHs GUI style but modernized every aspect of it in ways CoH never could considering it was developed 19 to 15 years ago. What they are showing is great to people who want to play this game, and it is impressive to us.
    That's great, but it's completely besides the point. They are claiming that they've created, and I quote, "The best UI in the Galaxy". This is objectively false, plain and simple. I don't know why this article grabbed my attention, I usually skip posts about this game and it's predecessors but seeing a dev claim they created "the best" anything makes me take a look to see what it is.

I never played COH but I am certainly glad that people who enjoyed it will eventually get to experience that type of game again, heck I'll probably at least try it out when it launches. They don't need to say ridiculously false things to build hype though, it just makes them look silly.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2019
    Character models look low quality though );. The UI looks okay hope it has customization options on that as well.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    I have yet to see anything truly impressive spawn from their development.  Thus far they've been treading on the past. 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

I have yet to see anything truly impressive spawn from their development.  Thus far they've been treading on the past. 

All while collecting free money for something that may never be released.

I'd like to see the total $ amount collected by these guys and all the others preying on people's need for a decent MMO.
    maskedweasel