Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Super Box Adventures of How I Learned to Love Content Updates - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2: Super Box Adventures of How I Learned to Love Content Updates - MMORPG.com

It’s like clockwork. Every year, around the end of March I wait for the announcement that Super Adventure Box is returning to Guild Wars 2, along with a little cheeky April Fools gag from the folks at ArenaNet.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    It was fun twice, but now I think Anet should create something new.
  • Grunt350Grunt350 Member UncommonPosts: 57
    I m still waiting for new worlds or at least something new that can caught my attention.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

X-ranfe said:

It was fun twice, but now I think Anet should create something new.

That was the complaint with current players. They wanted it back as is and anet gave it to them. Now it's a yearly event.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    SAB is the one thing in GW2 that I just can't stand. It really sucks the immersion out of the world.
    EvilGeekgunklacker
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

gelraen said:

SAB is the one thing in GW2 that I just can't stand. It really sucks the immersion out of the world.

The rewards? or the content itself? The content is not forced, I haven't done it in years, the rewards are no different than anything else in GW2.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To me it would be fun for about 1 hour then seeing people jump jump jump jump just looks silly and not something i call fun.
    It is not even within the context of a role playing game,unless your telling me right now people are thinking...oh man i can't wait to go outside and jump jump jump.NOBODY wants to roleplay that nonsense.Maybe VanHalen wants to JUMP but nobody else does unless your like 4-5 years old.

Furthermore a Super Mario theme does NOT fit the LORE so it just comes off as a goofy idea that doesn't belong in the game.Surely they can do better than just copy a theme from someone else's work?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Maybe i should send Arena.net a Besieged video so they can see a REAL event and how to keep it within the games lore.As well not copying someone else's ideas.11 years later in this video and people still show up to do it.You can't even see half the players because of view restrictions because of the PS2 capabilities but there are actually a lot of players doing this all the time.
    This Besieged is simply too big an idea for them,instead they aim at ideas they can pull off within 2 days of work.If this can be done to work on a PS2 imagine what developers COULD actually do if they put some effort into their work.SAB is NOT effort.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Wizardry said:
    To me it would be fun for about 1 hour then seeing people jump jump jump jump just looks silly and not something i call fun.
    It is not even within the context of a role playing game,unless your telling me right now people are thinking...oh man i can't wait to go outside and jump jump jump.NOBODY wants to roleplay that nonsense.Maybe VanHalen wants to JUMP but nobody else does unless your like 4-5 years old.

Furthermore a Super Mario theme does NOT fit the LORE so it just comes off as a goofy idea that doesn't belong in the game.Surely they can do better than just copy a theme from someone else's work?
    It's got it's own lore, I mean guy kidnaps himself in his own virtual world, and then he personally sends "Adventures" to save himself from himself, Which you know.. Kinda fits the theme of a Asura making some kind of weird prox-dimonestional screw up.

So it fits the lore of the game world of GW2.. even if a bit campy.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    gelraen said:
    And why exactly do you feel that way?
    The highly advanced Asura built a simulation which has even been used for training already.
    Nothing too unusual for a flying city in the sky I would say.

There was even a short novel written about him back then telling his background story how he had a fight with his Krew and they parted ways.

Based on that lore you could find the Djin inside SAB world 3 back then who represents his evil subconsiousness.
    The Djin would then give you a task to go to Rata Sum and sabotage Moto's old Krew.

I would say SAB fits in perfectly.
    gunklackerUngood
    Harbinger of Fools
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77

gelraen said:

Out of lore really
  • jsavingjsaving Member UncommonPosts: 2
    The whole ANet press release is smoke-blowing. They are shifting to Living World-only not because it is best for the game but because it is all they are able to do given the very limited staffing they now have. Very sad.