Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 Launches with a New Planet & Female Playable Characters - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Alpha 3.5 Launches with a New Planet & Female Playable Characters - MMORPG.com

Star Citizen has announced that it has launched Alpha 3.5 that comes complete with a brand new planet, ArcCorp, to explore. This planet is a bustling hub that is nearly completely covered by man-made structures. "Travel the bustling plazas and neon-hued alleys of Area18, uncover local urban culture, meet colorful locals, and find new ways to make a credit or two."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    I also just want some more ships.
    Octagon7711Alexander.Bgastovski1
  • VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Sweet!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Looks good, but then it has looked good for what a year now? Hopefully we will see more of new gaming systems in use by players.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Scot said:

Looks good, but then it has looked good for what a year now? Hopefully we will see more of new gaming systems in use by players.

A planet added + 4 moons + female character + 10's of new features or tweaks. Slowly but surely heading to Beta Q2 2020 for Squadron 42.
    Roadmaps have been updated, adding Q1 2020 hence 4 quarterly patch. Harversting, salvagingf and repair are coming in.
    Xarktardgastovski1
  • snarre123snarre123 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    I hope, some peeps likes retrogames when they finally release it.
    WhiteLanternPirraya
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Female characters after being in development for how long now...?
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    JoeBlober said:

Scot said:

A planet added + 4 moons + female character + 10's of new features or tweaks. Slowly but surely heading to Beta Q2 2020 for Squadron 42.
    Roadmaps have been updated, adding Q1 2020 hence 4 quarterly patch. Harversting, salvagingf and repair are coming in.
    I didn't see repair in the roadmap. Where is it?

Vrika said:

JoeBlober said:

Scot said:

I didn't see repair in the roadmap. Where is it?

My Bad, This is : harvesting, Fuel scooping, Salvaging, Healing, Swimming, Repair/refuel/restock from kiosks. Repair from a device is not yet on roadmap but was partially implemented in game 2 years ago with flying repair device.
    Xarktard

Albatroes said:

Female character were already integrated in Cry Engine at day one. Except it was decided to make special female skeleton and focus on others priorities, (64 bits, OCS, pipelines, PG....)

With Publishers, dedicated Female skeleton is precisely never... because they don't care about gamer. They don't implement either FOIP, some sign language, space to planet or city-planet tech because why spend few M$ for gamer when you can share Billions between shareholders and just make crap portage from consoles to PC...

Xarktardrpmcmurphymmolou
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Albatroes said:
    Why does it matter? The key takeaway is that it is done.

Backers may be interested in how long a feature or the game in general is taking; backers may even be irritated. Most people though - I suggest - are not bothered and don't care; they only look at a game - if they look at all - when it nears release, when the reviews come out etc.
    ReverielleJoeBlober
  • hoenens1hoenens1 Member UncommonPosts: 310
    Game still needs a monster pc to even play normaly?
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    How long has this game been in pre-alpha? Did it break the record for money made on a game that isn't even in alpha yet?
    Alexander.B
  • CacolacoCacolaco Member UncommonPosts: 99

hoenens1 said:

It has improved a lot. I was playing with smooth framerates on my i5 4690k with an R9 280x. That was on low settings, mind you, but low settings still look amazing.

I'm just waiting for a F2P overhyped sandbox WoW clone with full PVP, epic raid bosses, instanced group content, and Crysis-quality graphics to come out. That, or something fun.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    My 1070 6gb i7-8750h 4,2ghz overclocked runs it on max reasonably fine, it has much improved performance wise. It is true it looks pretty awesome on lower settings too.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JoeBlober[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• hunterdelta00hunterdelta00 Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I wish I could play.....crash report screen every time sad face lol
    rpmcmurphy
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    April 2019. <--- this should be hilarious at this point.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    gervaise1 said:
    Albatroes said:
    Why does it matter? The key takeaway is that it is done.

Backers may be interested in how long a feature or the game in general is taking; backers may even be irritated. Most people though - I suggest - are not bothered and don't care; they only look at a game - if they look at all - when it nears release, when the reviews come out etc.
    Don't sweat it, some people it seems are incapable of posting anything positive.  Seems half the people that post here these days just need to step away from gaming for about a couple of years, to re-balance. 

Your right, its done and that's what matters.  Its one more of many things to come.
    ErillionJoeBloberrpmcmurphyNyteWytch
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    JoeBlober said:

Scot said:

So we might see a launch in 2021 then, I can go back to sleep. But still looking forward to seeing if we get a great MMO out of this. :)

hoenens1 said:

My rig: 4 cores I5 (4 years old) and GTX1070. Running at max with +50fps on average and +70fps in space.
    Implementing OCS last year did double or even triple fps. More important than using the latest GPU: do install SC on an SSD (an the OS as well). This is close to mandatory. They are cheap by now.
    Erillion[Deleted User]
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Good, if I ever play this game, it'll be with a female avatar.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    grrr..I expected to see a video of this,what is the point of just telling me?

Geesh i can do that too,i took my dog for a walk today people,he was happy,saw other dogs ,all were happy.

ok so got my own video

You want me to be fair,i am always fair ,i tell it as i see it.This Arc corp does have a lot of 2D structures but overall i give it a AAA rating,looks great.
    I would say the only part that irked me was seeing the camera constantly needing to show us the ships for sale,yeah yeah i know you sell ships,show me the world.

Man if they could turn all of that into a fully functional world it would be a 10/10,still it looks great.Personally i'd like to see less of the 2d non functional stuff you see outside but he inside station was really nice.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Scot said:
    JoeBlober said:

Scot said:

So we might see a launch in 2021 then, I can go back to sleep. But still looking forward to seeing if we get a great MMO out of this. :)
    Launch of the single player in late 2020 or 2021. The MMO side of things will be many years later.

---

Regarding patch 3.5, what are QT times like now? Is the overheat mechanic scrapped for normal operation?
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

How long has this game been in pre-alpha? Did it break the record for money made on a game that isn't even in alpha yet?

You can find a lot of early access or released games that dont have half of the content and features that SC have right now.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Star Citizen has broken that record ages ago.

At the moment it's more interesting whether it'll break the record of most expensive game development.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited April 2019
    Is this game ever going to come out? to me its still vaporware thats sucking idiots out of thousands of dollars at times for perks. I mean I been kinda intersted but who knows how much they want to suck you in for to be able to play it even in its currently super buggy state. I am going to laugh so frigging hard if it ends up going under. I will especally point at laugh at the idiots who paid thousands for perks in the game when it does.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!