Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anime-Inspired MMO, Caravan Stories, Headed to PlayStation 4 in July - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnime-Inspired MMO, Caravan Stories, Headed to PlayStation 4 in July - MMORPG.com News

Caravan Stories is an anime-inspired MMO that has been played "by more than two million adventurers" in Japan and it's headed to North America and the PlayStation 4 this July. "When a flood of demons pours forth from a mysterious gate, the peaceful world of Iyarr is threatened. As one of six playable races, adventure across a vast, gorgeous world and save the land from being shrouded in shadow".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    So bascally the newest wow-clone/themepark. That said, I'll probally try it anyway not expecting much from it, but giving it a chance anyway.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    You guys forgot to mention that this is a Mobile port... this gonna be fun. lol
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    edited April 2019

Siveria said:

So bascally the newest wow-clone/themepark. That said, I'll probally try it anyway not expecting much from it, but giving it a chance anyway.

except the combat is turn based with party system
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Looks very, meh.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Turn based is garbage
    Signex
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019
    We will see after launch.

Disguising a generic mmorpg (and even worse a mobile one) as a classic JRPG is a slap in the face to JRPG fans. I'll keep my eyes on this one.

EDIT: actually i'm gonna try it right now on my Japanese PS4 account and see if it for myself.

edited April 2019
    OK so in about 30 minutes of playing the Japanese PS4 version i already noticed some major issues.

Even though i really like the art style, there's nothing else good. The Japanese PS4 version has english menu and subtitles so it's easy to get into.

Combat is NOT turn based, the mobile auto play clearly failed to translate to a normal console gameplay so it resulted in a really bad version of FFXIV(v1.0) combat combined with WoW auto attack. The same applies to just moving your character around. It feels really janky, stuttery and unpolished.

Honestly i really like the art style and the graphics and that's it. I wish it was an actual JRPG and not a mobile port trash.
    jimmywolf

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    edited April 2019
    im obsessed with trash gacha games so im excited to finally play this one in english on my couch. never bothered to make a foreign PSN account
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    it was a mobile game, next..
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i REALLY love the art and the world, why does it always have to have flaws with this kind of game!

if this was anything like WoW themepark, i would even play it because of the art, but they had to go with turn based...

So What Now?

TweFoju said:
    i REALLY love the art and the world, why does it always have to have flaws with this kind of game!

if this was anything like WoW themepark, i would even play it because of the art, but they had to go with turn based...
    is it turn based on mobile? because i played the PS4 version (see my post above). IT's a bad mobile port, but on console it isn't turn based. More like a hybrid.