Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight Frontiers: Railmaster Class Reveal Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageTorchlight Frontiers: Railmaster Class Reveal Trailer - MMORPG.com

The Torchlight Frontiers team has revealed a new class coming to the game, this time, the Railmaster aka "The Conductor of Pain". The Railmaster has a canine companion carries a number of packs about its person while the Railmaster himself is literally followed by a train!

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Arterius said:

This is so goofy and I love it for some reason.

I'm sure that's exactly what they were aiming for and I totally agree. I LOVE this as it's literally unlike anything else I've ever seen before, totally goofy and looks wicked fun!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Haha awesome! I'm going to choo-choo-caboo my way to victory!
    SBFordFlyByKnightinfomatz
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963
    The more I see this game develop the less I like it.

The art took quite serious hit. Its just a bit more detailed but in same time they obviously lost their old artist, and the new guy is trying hard to replicate his work with not much success.

The gameplay is reportedly pretty bad ( at least so people that got to play it say )

And this class looks like funny joke class, not one of only 3 (so far) revealed classes.
    Talaharalkarionlog[Deleted User][Deleted User]Ricardo5802FlyByKnight

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Since the fam and I are just burned out on Diablo 3 and PoE. I am really looking forward to this one. It looks like a breath of fresh air.
    SBFord
    Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

The gameplay is reportedly pretty bad ( at least so people that got to play it say )

I’ve spent quite a bit of time testing, and I have no idea what you’re talking about. The gameplay has been both stable and fun.

I do agree a bit about the art being a bit...subpar, though.
    SBFordValdheiminfomatz
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    I really enjoy the game. I know it is not a finished product but it is fun for me already.
    BillMurphy
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    That has got to be the most unique character class I have ever seen. (And there are some doosies in japanese gsmes...)

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Its always nice to see a developer try something new and unique.
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    I don't get it...
    Pirraya
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Dibs on the name "Thomas."
    SBFordWhiteLanternTacticalZombeh

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

DMKano said:

It is unique - i will give them that.

Putting tuna salad in your hair would also be unique.

Doesnt mean it's a good idea.

To me this looks bad... laying rails down... just go clutter the already limited ARPG screen even more.

Just wtf....

Probably a limit exists that can be increased through points spent into the skill. Ground clutter for me isn't as detrimental as particle effect spam to the point where you can't see the boss you're fighting. It's going to need to be absurdly strong or have preset track layouts to make up for the time lost laying tracks at the start of every fight. That is of course assuming you have to manage the train.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I wonder if they considered the outrageous number of double entendres this is sure to produce.
    Samhael

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member RarePosts: 526
    I was sure this was a April 1st thing....then i looked at the date.

Never having played it...i can not say that i never will...but dang, it just looks ridiculous to me at this time.
    [Deleted User]
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,495
    Hmmm... seems weird enough and absurd enough to make it worth giving it a try. But it does seem like it is going to make an already busy screen even busier.

And I'm sure I must have missed something but while other folks were having WTF moments while looking at the class itself, my WTFs were when I saw the "Perfect World" crap. That's almost like a kiss of death for a game. Hopefully, they are only publishing and don't have ANY dev involvement.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    wow this is the dumbest thing I think I have ever seen
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019
    Looking forward to playing this, but i have to be honest... i'm more excited about Torchlight 2 coming to consoles, knowing that TL2 doesn't have the risk of shutting down if it has a small population. Also PWE tends to shuts down their mmo ARPGs out of nowhere.
    [Deleted User]infomatz

• sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Looks like a fun addition. Can't wait to try the class out.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Next class please
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I can't wait for the Lego Master reveal. Throws all the pieces on the floor and then turns the lights off... ouch! :)
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]BeansnBread
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks too silly to me. It's like when someone tries to be silly for laughs but goes too far and just ends up pissing everyone off.
    [Deleted User]Pirraya
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    It's interesting but it will be a hard sell I think for most.  I'll try it out once the next update rolls around.
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    this game suffer same problem diablo 3 had, predefined class, 0 build customization
  • BatonRougeBatonRouge Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    edited April 2019

Scellow said:

this game suffer same problem diablo 3 had, predefined class, 0 build customization

Nah, this game suffer of 0 future..bad graphics, game play ect...

How in hell, people's that work for blizzard came up with this kind of a game..looks like a childish game to me..

This game should be on mobile not on PC...
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:
    The tracks look super messed up - which is another huge turnoff

Like wtf is this:

The Green Line in Boston ...
    [Deleted User]infomatzTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Ummm no.....no just no.

I demand creativity but it has to be within the context of the game,this is just out in left field.I only wonder where some dude got this idea from because i don't see any recent kids train movies.Maybe dude was reading his young child the little engine that could book lol.

What is this game trying to do anyway,just run around killing stuff?Is there a purpose to this game?Is it TRYING to be a RPG?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.