Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let the Datamining Begin: Rise of Azshara 8.2 Arrives on World of Warcraft PTR - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageLet the Datamining Begin: Rise of Azshara 8.2 Arrives on World of Warcraft PTR - MMORPG.com

The World of Warcraft PTR has been updated to bring v8.2 Rise of Azshara online for testing purposes. Of course, this means that datamining has already commenced, with both WoWhead and MMO-Champion in the race to get out story and gameplay elements. If you don't mind heavy spoilers, you'll definitely want to head over to both sites to learn more about the fate of Baine Bloodhoof and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Just the little bit I read will twitterpate tribal Horde but seems to continue the abysmal writing for the red team. I'll wait and see more over the next couple weeks, but my return in 8.2 is looking doubtful. Maybe 8.3? 9.0? Maybe never? *shrugs*
    [Deleted User]perrin82

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

At least there's plenty of ways to get a light with all these fires at Blizzard.

SBFord[Deleted User]Scot
  • Grimz_DragonGrimz_Dragon Member UncommonPosts: 5
    they should just ban Datamining and just let us be get hyped and excited or disappointed when we get to play and not spoiling the game months before its out
    ScotSignex
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    they should just ban Datamining and just let us be get hyped and excited or disappointed when we get to play and not spoiling the game months before its out
    I'm thrilled they do. Now I don't need to resubscribe and waste the cash to be just disappointed yet again. ;) 
    [Deleted User]cagan[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    I dont usually go back to games for specific reasons like patches or expansions. I go back because I miss playing them, and the extras since the last time I played are always nice icing for the cake.
    Signex

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

Not really sure how that affects people who don't want to know anything? For example I have no idea what's going to happen since I haven't looked over any "spoilers". I mean I'll look at them in a minute now that I know there are such, but if you don't want to know anything just don't look it up? It's not like someone knocks on your door and smashes it in your face, forcing you to look :)
    PalebaneAlbatroesSBFord
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

Not really sure how that affects people who don't want to know anything? For example I have no idea what's going to happen since I haven't looked over any "spoilers". I mean I'll look at them in a minute now that I know there are such, but if you don't want to know anything just don't look it up? It's not like someone knocks on your door and smashes it in your face, forcing you to look :)

Pretty much the only way to do it is to shut down the PTR. That's pretty much how no one really knows more than SE wants them to in FFXIV until the day of, but the lack of that has pretty obvious results when you look at the game as a whole. It does get pretty old seeing raid boss 'guides' either the day of the new raid or slightly before just because these guys are able to work things out in ptr. Then you get those guys who expect you to know everything about a fight the day the fight is live.
    Xingbairong
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

Have you met my curiosity? XD. Na, but I do to some extent agree that there should be mistery in the game and as you say its just to close your eyes.. but if you are a avid Wow gamer it can be hard to not get things spoiled. But the game is crap anyways so I dont botter anymore, and you cant sue anyone for digging into the prt patches? Or, probably soon you can
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I resubbed after 4-5 months, i'm quiet enjoying it again. Omw to unlocking Kul Tiran, last night i unlocked Zandalari Trolls.
    Nhisso13
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM