Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where are they now?

2»

Comments

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,445
    I've been canoeing and learing to play the banjo for the new west virginia 76 game coming out soon.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 4,305
    I would assume that you mean Fallout 76 and that your excitement might have died down a bit at this point.

Though the amount of bugs that Fallout 76 has amusingly reminded me a lot of how many bugs Vanguard had at release. :smile:
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,445
    I would assume that you mean Fallout 76 and that your excitement might have died down a bit at this point.

Though the amount of bugs that Fallout 76 has amusingly reminded me a lot of how many bugs Vanguard had at release. :smile:
    There's always EverQuest Next don't give up hope.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    Why would I care about EverQuest Next ? I didnt even cared for EverQuest First.
    Please set a sig so I can read your posting even if somebody "agreed" etc with it. Thanks.
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Talking about lag  :D
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,088

I simply stopped playing MMOs.

There is no alternative to Vanguard on the market, and no MMO that meets my minimum requirements (probably something like: great classes, great dungeons, good high-ish challenge level, good group play).

It has all been downgraded and simplified to hell.

So I rotate through my other hobbies now.

You are correct, there are obviously games with more polish but none with the size / depth and complexity of Vangaurd.  The classes were staggeringly fun and complex to play, nothing even comes close.  I like you should of stopped trying to find a suitable replacement, because there is none, but still I dabble in MMO after MMO only to be bored and disappointed after a short time.
    Well, as I said, I have other hobbies. I dont need gaming if there is no good game around.

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 846
    I listen to audio books at work all day, while typing away. I could catch up on Movies/TV shows more, but meh, GoT made me want to swan dive off The Wall. Video games are my favorite hobby.

My problem is there are too many good games that I should play, already bought and waiting for me in my backlog. While at the same time, I keep rotating through my usual suspects...

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 804
    Lol who keeps resurrecting this necro thread?
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,555
    Elsabolts said:

There's always EverQuest Next don't give up hope.

Lol @ eq next

I guess this thread lives on 5 years later.

I pretty much left mmorpg scene entirely and am doing single player RPGs since there is still creativity and good game design there.

Mmorpgs haven't innovated much in the past 20 years and also they ve gotten abandoned by the large studios. 

But mostly I just cant stand to run the stupid irrelevant quests anymore and talk to irrelevant dumb NPCs anymore in a world full of other players that are doing the same 20 year old kill, fetch and run back and forth from NPC to npc clicking on boring dialog choices that don't make any difference in the end.
    Mendel
    Oh ?

So whats so interesting going on in singleplayer RPGs then ?

All I'm aware of is a serious dumbing down of the old hardcore RPGs ... ?