Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom Announces Conan Exiles Year 2 Season Pass & the Release of Treasures of Turan Pack - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFuncom Announces Conan Exiles Year 2 Season Pass & the Release of Treasures of Turan Pack - MMORPG.com

Funcom has announced that the Treasures of Turan DLC has been released for Conan Exiles. It contains themed items including 15 armor pieces, 39 building pieces, 5 warpaints, 9 weapons, 18 placeables and 2 new pet skins. In addition to the DLC, Funcom also announced that a new Year 2 Season Pass is now available for $29.99. The Year 2 Season Pass includes the Treasures of Turan DLC and will include three more DLC coming throughout the balance of 2019.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    Years ago DLC used to be free as a good service but we had the expansion pack. Now... Failcom is milking the game as much as they can. New axe! DLC. A new rock. DLC. a new sword and armor.. DLC.
    Solancer

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Years ago I paid $50+ for the game, $15/mo, $50+ for every expansion.
    SovrathHatefullbgzgamer
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    No thank you Funcom.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Not an mmo... What a shame.
    Viper482Hatefullbgzgamer

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited April 2019
    LeFantome said:

Years ago DLC used to be free as a good service but we had the expansion pack. Now... Failcom is milking the game as much as they can. New axe! DLC. A new rock. DLC. a new sword and armor.. DLC.
    At least the content itself is free.

What they're selling is different variations of the existing gear/weapons/buildings in a different skin. You could buy the game as cheap as 15 dollars, it's not that expensive for the amount of content there is (compared to other survival games).
    SBFord

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    Bloodaxes said:
    LeFantome said:

What they're selling is different variations of the existing gear/weapons/buildings in a different skin. You could buy the game as cheap as 15 dollars, it's not that expensive for the amount of content there is (compared to other survival games).
    Agree. It appears that none of the content in the DLC is gameplay related, simply cosmetic. No need to purchase it at all if it doesn't expand anything story or content-wise.

Also, I remember as far back as the release of Mass Effect 1: There were a couple very small and free DLC, but all the rest you had to buy. That continued through the whole series. 

I don't begrudge devs selling DLC, especially this kind that seems to be just cosmetic and, therefore, superfluous.
    Hatefull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Sounds good! Might have to have another go!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Awesome world, too bad it's a crappy survival game. I hope this genre goes away and never comes back.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited April 2019

Viper482 said:

Awesome world, too bad it's a crappy survival game. I hope this genre goes away and never comes back.

Dude. I like these games. Them existing takes nothing away from you.
    HatefullTacticalZombeh
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Bloodaxes said:
    LeFantome said:

This.

They could be charging for all of the additional content, instead they are charging for cosmetics on previous content. I like this model quite a bit. 
    HatefullTacticalZombeh
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    years ago I only paid for the monthly fee, the expansions was all free(with wasn't really I paid the monthly fee)
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Wish this was an MMOG.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    years ago I only paid for the monthly fee, the expansions was all free(with wasn't really I paid the monthly fee)
    That is the point, in lieu of a monthly fee you pay for DLC or don't the DLC in Exiles is purely cosmetic. I played L2 for years when we were getting free "expansions" which was actually them just finishing the game, being honest.

I would much rather buy what I want than pay 15 bucks/month for things I don't want nor need as this game is complete as it stands.

As someone pointed out, it's not an MMO, and that is about the only real issue I have with the game. I am not saying it is bug-free, but I am saying is closer to complete than many other titles released in ohh the last 10 years or so.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Hmmm had a look at the trailer, could be cosmetic could be P2W items, not sure how anyone can tell?
  • blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

Scot said:

Hmmm had a look at the trailer, could be cosmetic could be P2W items, not sure how anyone can tell?

Once you research or play the game you find out the DLCs like this are just other options. They have had I think four other DLCs just like this. More cosmetic options.
    TacticalZombehScot