Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enter to Win a Chance to Attend the Bethesda E3 Showcase on June 9th - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageEnter to Win a Chance to Attend the Bethesda E3 Showcase on June 9th - MMORPG.com News

Bethesda is encouraging fans of its games to enter to win a pair of tickets to the E3 Showcase on June 9, 2019. The event will take place in Los Angeles, CA and entries must be received by May 3, 2019. Bethesda has promised that "this year [they'll] be inviting even more of the community" to enjoy the event.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Nah, I'm good, thanks.
    AlbatroesCyberFrogLeFantomeTacticalZombehAgent_JosephNildeninfomatzLife2v
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    lol i'm thinking the tickets are almost always over priced and in reality should be FREE because you are paying them to advertise to you,when did the world become full of dummies that would gladly pay someone else to show them advertising.
    Just like all those FAKE BS game awards shows,this is becoming real big money,down to charging the advertisers a ton of money and then the patrons and who knows who else,non related advertisers i guess.

SO they are ripping everyone off to make a ton of money then that is not including the cost to get there,accommodations,maybe have to take a day off work maybe have to pay for baby sitters ,yeah imo they are not giving us anything of any value.

If they wanted to give us something that is still very limited ,give people some free games.I mean a digital copy of a game is worth what ,not to us but to them.....$1.50....0.50 cents?
    doomexSolancer

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Wizardry said:
    lol i'm thinking the tickets are almost always over priced and in reality should be FREE because you are paying them to advertise to you,when did the world become full of dummies that would gladly pay someone else to show them advertising.
    Just like all those FAKE BS game awards shows,this is becoming real big money,down to charging the advertisers a ton of money and then the patrons and who knows who else,non related advertisers i guess.

SO they are ripping everyone off to make a ton of money then that is not including the cost to get there,accommodations,maybe have to take a day off work maybe have to pay for baby sitters ,yeah imo they are not giving us anything of any value.

If they wanted to give us something that is still very limited ,give people some free games.I mean a digital copy of a game is worth what ,not to us but to them.....$1.50....0.50 cents?
    You should try going to one, Wiz. You'd probably have an amazing time. You'd probably have to settle down a bit though because you might get mobbed by hundreds of gamers if you shouted some of the things you say on these forums.
    Xarkoinfomatz
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So, they want me to pay them just so they can lie to me (again)? Do they have a sales pitch that isn't aimed at masochists?
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    edited April 2019
    Eh. No thanks. I thought Bethesda was a poor developer (great publisher though) before they started publicly shitting the bed. Now, my opinions are thoroughly vindicated.
    [Deleted User]
  • Mr.GutsyMr.Gutsy Member UncommonPosts: 87
    edited April 2019

Aeander said:

Eh. No thanks. I thought Bethesda was a poor developer (great publisher though) before they started publicly shitting the bed. Now, my opinions are thoroughly vindicated.

The key to building a great game is not to build a great game yourself. It's to give players the tools to build the great game themselves.

You can learn this at Todd Howard University.
    XarkoSolancer
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Mr.Gutsy said:

Aeander said:

The key to building a great game is not to build a great game yourself. It's to give players the tools to build the great game themselves.
    Or...  you could just make a great game yourself. 

I'll take a Witcher 3 or God of War any day over a "great" game that modders made. 
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Thanks, no..
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    You would have pay me to go there… Well… nah not even. Bethesda became a pile of sh** ..sorry.

• MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78
    While I have no interest in going to these shows, Im looking forward to seeing more about Starfield.
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    In 2019 where the top gaming industry leaders are trying the hardest to earn "The most hated person/company" in the world title. I suppose that's a good thing to have on your resume, and Todd is really a snake oil salesman aka "the financial guy" to run/manage studios to make games when really Beth need a real game designer and not a financial guy to run the show.

As it shows from Skyrim to Fo76 it got degraded over time a true trade mark of a salesman sell goods once and the rest is bait and switch. Its always been a bad idea, imo to have a clueless sales guy to make games in the market for making games, when just about anyone who work on games might have a better understand than that sales guy anytime of the day on how to make a game.

I think Beth lack visions on what makes a well made games as oppose to how Beth can just sell more copys of their half to 3/4 bake streamlining of their games. Todd probably thinking those cheaply made game like FO76 or phone game like The Blades to make a few easy money on the side. I might even thing FO76 and The Blades are all scraped projects but instead Todd try his hardest to sell the half bake game concept to ppl to make more easy money, to his credit I suppose he did pull it off but as a hidden cost to Brand reputation, which is in negative value imo.

As for this article indeed, if ppl have to pay to see Todd's lies and advisement, then he once again got away with more easy money. Indeed, no one would setup a show if they don't plan on making some $$$$. I bet Todd will show off how Starfield will be 16x time the size of FO76 and how his god rays from his rear is so damn amazing too, it really shows I guess.

I say skip the show, give away Starfield completely free and earn back you brand rep then we can talk more on your comeback as a real game making brand. At this point I'm far more willing to use EPIC for The Outer World than to buy games from a snake oil salesman anytime, although, Epic might turn into another snake oil nest, hmmm the future is not looking berry bright.
    Aeander
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Is there a single person left on this planet who is happy to attend an event where Todd Howard just stands on a stage and lies to you?