Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Onslaught Expansion Set to Launch in September - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageStar Wars: The Old Republic - Onslaught Expansion Set to Launch in September - MMORPG.com

During last night's Chicago Cantina presentation, Star Wars: The Old Republic devs announced "Onslaught", a new expansion coming to the game. Darth Malgus is back and is in command of the Sith fleet as it prepares "a devastating attack on the Republic". Players will be able to choose to try to stop him, or to help him. Click through for more details.

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


Post edited by SBFord on
«1

Comments

  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,211
    Sounds good, hope the content will last more than a few days.
    sythraelMrMelGibson
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,188
    Ugh, disappointment doesn't begin to explain my feelings with this game. Yet, it's SW so this crap will probably rope me in for a month.
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

    18 year MMO veteran 
    Retired PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 169

    Dragnelus said:




    Yeah that is a pivotal point that should be clarified. I guess the headline wanted more clicks than having honesty or the article itself is counterdicting itself.

    Either: "Star Wars: The Old Republic - Onslaught will launch in September for FREE to all players." is true or: " Its only free for subscribers" hmmm which is it?
    Dragnelussumdumguy1Alomarinfomatz
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
    edited April 14
    No. I need to wait to see more before I say anything(I suggest the same to others too). Regardless, this seems like SWTOR's last chance to course correct before they pass the event horizon of sorts.

    Also, Suzy, you have two typos in your article. The level cap is being raised to 75(whatever gave you the impression of 76 :p) and Dxun will host a new OPERATION, NOT a new ONSLAUGHT.
    Post edited by Gorwe on
    SBFord
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,487
    Really trying to cash in on the latest movie announcement.
    Viper482Bakgrind
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,989

    Albatroes said:

    Really trying to cash in on the latest movie announcement.



    That's how it always works. I would question them if they didn't.
    gunklackerLeiHngWeiGorweHatefull


  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 398
    edited April 14

    Gorwe said:

    No. I need to wait to see more before I say anything(I suggest the same to others too). Regardless, this seems like SWTOR's last chance to course correct before they pass the event horizon of sorts.

    Also, Suzy, you have two typos in your article. The level cap is being raised to 75(whatever gave you the impression of 76 :p) and Dxun will host a new OPERATION, NOT a new ONSLAUGHT.



    I thought it was a subtle Freudian slip that liken the content to be of fall out 76 type quality. I thought it was rather funny myself until I realized that it wasn't meant to be that. Now I am one sad puppy. :neutral:
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
    Bakgrind said:

    Gorwe said:

    No. I need to wait to see more before I say anything(I suggest the same to others too). Regardless, this seems like SWTOR's last chance to course correct before they pass the event horizon of sorts.

    Also, Suzy, you have two typos in your article. The level cap is being raised to 75(whatever gave you the impression of 76 :p) and Dxun will host a new OPERATION, NOT a new ONSLAUGHT.



    I thought it was a subtle Freudian slip that liken the content to be of fall out 76 type quality. I thought it was rather funny myself until I realized that it wasn't meant to be that. Now I am one sad puppy. :neutral:
    SWTOR was a lot of things, but it never was Fallout 76 dumpster fire "quality". Not even under Ben Irving(who, as I understand, managed to ruin an entire game in the meantime *cough Anthem *cough).
    Bakgrindpsychosiz1
  • PpiperPpiper Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I loved this game when it came out. Made it through twio story lines and quit right befre the first xpac came out. Found myself buying cartel packs like I was an addict.
    BakgrindNyteWytch
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member RarePosts: 2,881
    class overhaul when? adding a new skill is good but if u have 40 already ...ugh
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 398
    edited April 15

    Gorwe said:


    Bakgrind said:



    Gorwe said:


    No. I need to wait to see more before I say anything(I suggest the same to others too). Regardless, this seems like SWTOR's last chance to course correct before they pass the event horizon of sorts.

    Also, Suzy, you have two typos in your article. The level cap is being raised to 75(whatever gave you the impression of 76 :p) and Dxun will host a new OPERATION, NOT a new ONSLAUGHT.






    I thought it was a subtle Freudian slip that liken the content to be of fall out 76 type quality. I thought it was rather funny myself until I realized that it wasn't meant to be that. Now I am one sad puppy. :neutral:


    SWTOR was a lot of things, but it never was Fallout 76 dumpster fire "quality". Not even under Ben Irving(who, as I understand, managed to ruin an entire game in the meantime *cough Anthem *cough).



    No, SWTOR was not the dumpster fire that 76 was. I was mainly trying to imply that Bioware is a seriously confused company for the past several years. I blame Ben "Isn't it exciting"™ Irving for his shenanigans with the RNG aspect and its excessive grinding aspect in lieu of content for SWTOR more so than I do for Anthem since he handed over the reins of SWTOR to Keith about 2 years ago. But, I can understand if people do because he gets top billing and is to be held responsible for it.

    Anthem to me was always that game that Bioware fans did not want, but were happy to see it being developed as long as it did not effect the titles that they were currently playing or looking forward to such as SWTOR, Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

    Even though many of us suspected, we now know for sure that Anthem in fact did impact those games negatively and took resources from all three games and put those titles on hold and personally put I think 70% of the blame goes to the studio in Montreal whilst EA shares 30% of it.
    Post edited by Bakgrind on
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 398

    Albatroes said:

    Really trying to cash in on the latest movie announcement.



    At least this time they are actually bringing content to SWTOR to try and hype both the movie and the game. Unlike previous years when it was the same ole same content.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,487
    Bakgrind said:

    Albatroes said:

    Really trying to cash in on the latest movie announcement.



    At least this time they are actually bringing content to SWTOR to try and hype both the movie and the game. Unlike previous years when it was the same ole same content.
    How's the overall game been anyway? I've honestly been thinking of re-downloading it lately.
    Hatefull
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
    Albatroes said:
    Bakgrind said:

    Albatroes said:

    Really trying to cash in on the latest movie announcement.



    At least this time they are actually bringing content to SWTOR to try and hype both the movie and the game. Unlike previous years when it was the same ole same content.
    How's the overall game been anyway? I've honestly been thinking of re-downloading it lately.
    Why and when did you quit?
  • BakgrindBakgrind Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Albatroes said:
    content.
    How's the overall game been anyway? I've honestly been thinking of re-downloading it lately.

    Well I needed a break from the game and left in December and wont be back until 6.0 drops, but it was doing pretty good then. I played on the EU server even though I connect from Texas. I find that  that the  people there enjoy the game and are not  as toxic the US servers.  And I the ping isn't all that bad at 145.
    MrMelGibson
  • parrotpholkparrotpholk Member EpicPosts: 4,602
    SWTOR likely deserved better than what it turned into. Much like Anthem it was a genre that BW had no experience in and it showed. Would have made a great single player / co-op but as a MMO it just failed to live up to expectations. The investment at the time was the biggest budget MMO out there with marketing costs. I enjoyed a couple of the class stories but game never grabbed me long term.

    GorweNyteWytch
  • EMoneyEMoney Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I really enjoyed this game for a few weeks not that long ago. As an admitted alt-aholic I was excited by all the class stories and various classes. Sadly, they all go through all the same places and have mirrored versions on the other side. It all felt very "same-y" after too long, and really needed a subscription to be fun.
    The other thing that was weird is that I felt it could've really benefited from a more restricted approach to story content. I was doing random dungeons that were way in front of where I was in the story and none of it made sense.
    All in all a decent casual experience but I found myself without a reason to pay for it, and without paying, it wasn't very much fun.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
    SWTOR likely deserved better than what it turned into. Much like Anthem it was a genre that BW had no experience in and it showed. Would have made a great single player / co-op but as a MMO it just failed to live up to expectations. The investment at the time was the biggest budget MMO out there with marketing costs. I enjoyed a couple of the class stories but game never grabbed me long term.

    It really should've been a hybrid singleplayer / coop game. Perhaps learn from ME3 and improve on that framework?
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,351

    Gorwe said:



    SWTOR likely deserved better than what it turned into. Much like Anthem it was a genre that BW had no experience in and it showed. Would have made a great single player / co-op but as a MMO it just failed to live up to expectations. The investment at the time was the biggest budget MMO out there with marketing costs. I enjoyed a couple of the class stories but game never grabbed me long term.





    It really should've been a hybrid singleplayer / coop game. Perhaps learn from ME3 and improve on that framework?



    They started to work on SWTOR in 2006, started full production in 2009 and released it in December 2011. ME3 released months later in 2012. Between 2006 and 2012, WoW was all the rage in term of online gaming and SWTOR release wasn't as bad as people claims, the bad was a few months later when BioWare failed to fix things and release new content.

    And that's because the dev team was already understaffed, not only was there layoffs, but BioWare split the team to start a new project (Shadow Realms), work on the 1st expac and maintain the game at the same time...and it didn't top there: DAI, MEA, Anthem all poached SWTOR devs too.

    Then Irving screwed things up. He was moved away about 2 years ago and the understaffed SWTOR dev team have been fixing things since (rather successfully I would say).
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,380
    edited April 15
    they screwed this game up when they nerfed crafting especially slicing and companions, I loved it til then
  • NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I really wanted to enjoy some of the stories but I felt burnt as a collector edition founder. Kinda compelled to start a Nautolan though.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member RarePosts: 1,637
    The bigger picture here is Disney's willingness to allow EA to continue development on this game so however you feel about BW or EA if you like SW and MMO's better drop some money on this game once in a while. I buy a sub now and then for that reason cause any development is better than maintenance mode or that sudden "we don't give chit" Marvel Heroes shut down.
    MrMelGibson
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,542
    EXCITINGGGGGG
    "PSA: We live in a multicultural world. Nobody is "forcing" diversity. Earth is already Diverse."

    "Everything that happens is a political act, and the only people that get to pretend otherwise are those privileged enough to not have politics impact them at all." ~Taliesin
     
    Currently: Games Audio Engineer
    You've heard what I've heard

Sign In or Register to comment.