Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Reveal Trailer

13»

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    jgDuffay said:

OG_Zorvan said:

It looks good and I'll most likely pick it up. But can we someday please get a movie/game from the perspective of a Sith? I would love to see how one becomes one and their journey to Darth.

Are we pretending the prequels don't exist?

Also, think about it, people. It's singleplayer simply because SWtOR exist. EA running two online Star Wars games competing with each other, one of which would likely be completely dead in a month if the new one was even close to good? Disney isn't that stupid. I also believe Disney regrets that "EA exclusive" shit now and is trying to wait out the contract while letting EA cause as little damage to the brand as possible. That's why EA hasn't been pumping out SW games every year, Disney still holds the green light.

I get your point, but the prequels were 90% about Anakin being a Jedi. I'm not interested in that. I want the 90% being Sith. An apprentice becoming a lord and Darth. Even a Sith that never was a Jedi, but instead always a Sith like in the old republic. Also someone new and not another Skywalker. I'd prefer it was set in the Old Republic era as well, but I won't be disappointed if it's not.

this would be interesting if they could pull of a twist of mind, make the game look trough a sith's eye, and not putting them in a evil state of mind for the audience, since you would play as one.
    You could play a Sith in Swtor and achieve the same thing. In fact my Sith warrior felt like that and so did my Chiss agent.
    jgDuffay
    Chamber of Chains
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

KingNaid said:

Aragoni said:

I wonder how EA will manage to screw this one up too.

"It's set to be a single player only game without microtransactions"

didnt expect this from ea

I would sooner believe EA had been taken over by aliens. Well new aliens anyway.
  • GamePlay4UGamePlay4U Member UncommonPosts: 39
    EA game... NOPE
    NildenHatefull
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Biggest question, is it open world kinda gameplay or on rails with endless mobs to slice thru?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    edited April 2019
    Rhoklaw said:
    I have to give EA credit on releasing this game before the final episode of the movies releases, because you know that's going to end up being another shit show.
    Is there going to be a final episode? SW is now a cow that has to be milked at the cinema with one or two films every year.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Scot said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    I have to give EA credit on releasing this game before the final episode of the movies releases, because you know that's going to end up being another shit show.
    Is there going to be a final episode? SW is now a cow that has to be milked at the cinema with one or two films every year.
    Final episode for the Skywalker story.  Then they want to milk tell new stories.
    Scot

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    This goes against 99% of what EA has been gunning for lately (the last 1% being "a game"). I'm stoked. Hyped. Show us the way, Respawn!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Scot said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Final episode for the Skywalker story.  Then they want to milk tell new stories.
    My guess is that they wait and see how the box office looks.  That’s why everything is on hold production wise.  If EP 9 is a smash then they will go all out with the new stories.  If it’s Luke-warm (haha) then I think they will focus on small screen stuff for a few years before “discovering“ a new Skywalker.  I think that also results in a change at the top as Kennedy is replaced.  

I’d love to see Dave Filoni get a bigger role, perhaps as the overall head of StarWars development while the new studio head oversees all properties (Star Wars, Indiana Jones etc...)

Kennedy has been an utter disaster for far too long.

When games and movies have to keep going back in time to tell stories it’s a sign that things are not in a good state.
    Xarko[Deleted User]Gorwe

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019

No loot boxes or microtransactions. What's their stance on DLC, and expansions?

If they do DLC/expansions like The Witcher 3 (well priced with new in depth story and 20-30+ hours of content), they are welcome. If they do it like Destiny, they can keep their shit.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    edited April 2019
    Revan was Right!

Had great fun in SWTOR playing an ex-slave Sith who embraced the dark side. But whose hate was directed at the Sith Empire. Every choice was for what would weaken the Empire. Fun roleplaying.

Still, pleased that this new SW game's main VO (and possibly character look) was done by the actor who played the proto-Joker in Gotham.
    Post edited by Arglebargle on

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Gorwe said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    It looks good and I'll most likely pick it up. But can we someday please get a movie/game from the perspective of a Sith? I would love to see how one becomes one and their journey to Darth.
    Are we pretending the prequels don't exist?

Also, think about it, people. It's singleplayer simply because SWtOR exist. EA running two online Star Wars games competing with each other, one of which would likely be completely dead in a month if the new one was even close to good? Disney isn't that stupid. I also believe Disney regrets that "EA exclusive" shit now and is trying to wait out the contract while letting EA cause as little damage to the brand as possible. That's why EA hasn't been pumping out SW games every year, Disney still holds the green light.
    I get your point, but the prequels were 90% about Anakin being a Jedi. I'm not interested in that. I want the 90% being Sith. An apprentice becoming a lord and Darth. Even a Sith that never was a Jedi, but instead always a Sith like in the old republic. Also someone new and not another Skywalker. I'd prefer it was set in the Old Republic era as well, but I won't be disappointed if it's not.
    Perfect. You can go and play SWTOR now. You have two versions of that. Enjoy!
    I've played both Sith Stories many times. Loved it way more than the Jedi alternatives. I want more of that. Is that too difficult to understand. Especially on the big screen. 
  • Dr_BinksDr_Binks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I hope Respawn makes a good game. If it doesn't sell well I can already hear EA's Blake Jorgensen say "see? i was right, gamers don't want single player games", even though God of War and some others proved him wrong big time.

They didn't until they did, I guess... Like, uhh, with zombies, sci-fi and other nuances in movies/games. People want something badly and then don't want something at all for a time until time comes that they want to get captivated again. Epic gamer theory right here <</div>

Yup,,, people are impossible to please,,,, you can give them 5 happy sticks and each of them in a different color and they would complain that it was only 5 sticks and one should have been a rainbow!!
    Hatefull
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    I just want a SWG remake with modern hardware and a revised jedi unlock. But I realize that with today's instant gratification generation that will never happen.
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Repeat after me: I will NOT pre-order.. I will NOT pre-order.. I will NOT pre-order..
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    You all make me laugh, the speculation and banter in this thread is hilarious and delirious.  It's a cinematic trailer and there's some very loose info about the gameplay in text form and from that everyone is forming opinions of doom and gloom or pure hype madness. 

Please don't pre-order without knowing wtf it is and how it plays, that's just absolutely stupid on every account.  Your money is worth more than that, it deserves more than that.  Don't be part of the problem but the solution.

As for you doom and gloomers, unless you hate single player games (fair point) the speculation is out of control.  How did the Witcher 3 get tied into this and some thought this was going to be an MMO (despite knowing years ago it was always a single player game)?  We don't even know the systems, it could be open world, it could be episodic, it could a linear story.  We have no idea, yet there ya all are spewing bullshit.

Just wait, more will come.
    Gorwe
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Sephrus said:
    I just want a SWG remake with modern hardware and a revised jedi unlock. But I realize that with today's instant gratification generation that will never happen.
    Seriously, this is the only thing I want in life (when it comes to games). All other games are filler till that day comes.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Can'y trust EA, anymore.
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    edited April 2019
    OMG I just need to know a few things!!! How much are the loot boxes and how many do I have to buy to see the end of the game LOLZ