Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I started playing GoT: Winter is coming...

RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,274
Of course, I told myself that I wouldn't spend a dime and see what happens. Well, I'm in the #2 guild on K10 server and I'm literally laughing at the amount of money people spend on this game. I mean, sure, I throw $500 or $1000 at indie developers doing kickstarters, but GoT is a browser game, which I highly doubt has any imaginable frame of longevity.

I'll keep playing, but I'm not spending any money. If it becomes no longer fun to play then I'll just stop playing. The amount of people willing to throw money into these games is astonishing though. Coming from me, I guess that's saying something.

P2W is for people who don't have patience or actual skill to enjoy a game that doesn't involve a credit card war, lol.

RexKushmanGdemamiXarkoMaurgrimHatefullScot

Comments

• MrTugglesMrTuggles Member UncommonPosts: 159
    COOL STORY BRO!
    PpiperPsym0n
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 530
     I've never heard of the game. GOT is a pretty cool show,  I didn't realize that were any games outside that mobile one I've seen in the Google Play store.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 2,477
    MrTuggles said:
    COOL STORY BRO!
    That was funny when my teenage nieces said it 8 years ago.
    MrTugglesXarkoOG_ZorvanHatefullRhoklawNyctelios
  • epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 393
    Game is highly P2W, as are all mobile and or browser games.  I played for the first 10 days or so in the 2nd highest ranked clan in k5, the #1 clan was obviously spending hundreds, if not thousands within the first week to stay about 2x above the #2 clan.  It's an interesting game but it's all about spending money to accelerate resources otherwise it would be a Zzz fest waiting days for buildings and armies to complete.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,715
    edited April 14
    So the entire point of the game is to win by outspending your opponents?

Weird.
    Hatefull

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,654
    edited April 14
    Kyleran said:

Weird.
    The Iron Bank encourages it bro
    Azaron_NightbladeNyctelios
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 231
    edited April 14
    Its also used to install a program that you can not uninstall. Not even with admin rights.  The game will encourage you to install it so it plays better or to play it at all. No telling what it does.

Gdemami
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,274
    WarWitch said:
    Its also used to install a program that you can not uninstall. Not even with admin rights.  The game will encourage you to install it so it plays better or to play it at all. No telling what it does.

Oh, I never installed GTarcade. I know better than to do that ever since my.com and playing Skyforge. One reason I'll never use Epic Store either.
    Gdemami

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,274
    edited April 14
    Kyleran said:

Weird.
    Oh how I miss the good old days where credit card wars didn't exist. Of course, I know how much you enjoy Eve Online and advocating it, but even that game fell prey to P2W with people selling PLEX in exchange for ISK.
    Post edited by Rhoklaw on
    NycteliosGdemami

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 265
     I've never heard of the game. GOT is a pretty cool show,  I didn't realize that were any games outside that mobile one I've seen in the Google Play store.
    Don't know how you feel about Telltale Games, but they made a Game of Thrones game that I really liked. It's an original story following one of the unknown lesser houses pledged to the Starks, but several of the actors from the show lent their likenesses and voices to the game. I just checked, and you can still get it on Steam even though Telltale died, but obviously there won't be a Season 2. 
    Octagon7711RexKushman
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 32,715
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.
    Oh how I miss the good old days where credit card wars didn't exist. Of course, I know how much you enjoy Eve Online and advocating it, but even that game fell prey to P2W with people selling PLEX in exchange for ISK.
    Selling PLEX for ISK never really was P2W, theres so much ISK around players can earn in game its basically masks the impact, if there really is any.

At no point did I ever lose a fight and think, damn that dude out spent me.

The more recent addition of skill extractors and boosters is a bit more onerous as it allows the wealthy to quicky acquire skills in minutes others might have waited months or years to acquire.

Again, more of an advantage than a win, but I find most of these things fall in different places on the P2W scale.

HatefullRhoklaw

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,700
    They have some decent GoT games on Steam.  One by Telltale Games and the other is interesting in that you can possess your dog for things like tracking people with your sense of smell.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,060
    I'm very much looking forward to the new episode tonight, one of my all time favourite television shows. I sincerely hope the show's legacy will be much better than cheap P2W browser games.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 15,988
    I stay away from cash shop gaming it is a pathetic business model that survives on must win gaming addiction.It is why we see people spending 10 hours a day going for ranks,or aimbots or wallhacks/warp hacks,people feel the need to win at all costs and not care at all about the FUN factor.
    cell phone/browser games are not there to be good quality games,they are there because they invest so little they can turn a profit with very few spenders.

GOT doesn't interest me period,so i could never get baited into a game like that even if they had the best marketing team in the world,i simply don't care for the IP.
    Rhoklawbcbully

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bcbullybcbully Member RarePosts: 9,613
    Wizardry said:

GOT doesn't interest me period,so i could never get baited into a game like that even if they had the best marketing team in the world,i simply don't care for the IP.
    You poor soul
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,222
    Kyleran said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Kyleran said:

Weird.
    Selling PLEX for ISK never really was P2W, theres so much ISK around players can earn in game its basically masks the impact, if there really is any.

At no point did I ever lose a fight and think, damn that dude out spent me.

The more recent addition of skill extractors and boosters is a bit more onerous as it allows the wealthy to quicky acquire skills in minutes others might have waited months or years to acquire.

Again, more of an advantage than a win, but I find most of these things fall in different places on the P2W scale.

Noo... it's really not p2w when entire alliances just shrhugs they losses pulling credit card from their wallet. Sure sure.

Risk x reward and you take the risk away, great stuff. I bet the game just grew over the years and is not on the brink of collapsing.
    Gdemami

Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 3,654
    They have some decent GoT games on Steam.  One by Telltale Games and the other is interesting in that you can possess your dog for things like tracking people with your sense of smell.
    Is this the one you can possesss  your dog in? 
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/208730/Game_of_Thrones/