Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Official Reveal Trailer

Comments

• sythraelsythrael Member UncommonPosts: 58
    So that was shiny.

May the Chaos forever bind you to it's glory.

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    It kinda sounds like The Force Unleashed a bit. If it's even somewhat like that then I'm sold, but let's hope it's longer than The Force Unleashed 2..... 3 hours of gameplay, such a shame.

I'm still crossing my fingers hoping that we will some day get the announcement of KotOR 3....
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "It's set to be a single player only game without microtransactions and it's coming out on November 15, 2019!"

Did anyone tell EA about this plan?
    Dhamon99[Deleted User]XarkovelimiriusTacticalZombehinfomatz
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    It looks good and I'll most likely pick it up. But can we someday please get a movie/game from the perspective of a Sith? I would love to see how one becomes one and their journey to Darth.
    ConstantineMerusGorwetort0429
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    Hopefully it isn't on rails like Force Unleashed and BF2. If tha's the case I would rather watch a youtube video of someone playing it and save my money.
    rodingotort0429
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    I really like the trailer. No in game play revealed yet. I am cautiously optimistic about this game from Respawn & EA despite recent corporate behaviour. Probably not pre-purchase confident but probably if a good game not going to wait a year to buy it neither.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Wow! Between this and the awesome ep IX trailer, this is looking to be a good year to be a Star Wars junkie.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Had a TON of fun with Titanfall and Titanfall 2.  I won't say that the Titanfall games were underrated, but I will say that they were criminally under-played.  Two seriously fantastic games with depressing populations.

I believe that Respawn can make a great Star Wars game, and I'm hoping that's what we get.

I need to see some gameplay first though... I mean common, gimme dat sweet sweet gameplay.
  • SiysrrilSiysrril Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Pure bullshit, lies.
    infomatz
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Thought they said that we didn't want a single player Star Wars game. That is exactly what I would want though. Hope this game lives up to the hype. I would really love another RPG like the KOTOR games though, not necessarily a twitch action game that I got the feeling this is going to be.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    nice to see a new SW game coming out! Hope it's well done!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This sounds like a single player game,those don't interest me anymore because those are handcuffed,linear game play.
    Open world gaming is where it is at because it feels more real instead of gated lanes.I need the building and survival aspects in my games otherwise there is no immersion and ends up just feeling like a computer game instead of an immersive world with other people moving about.
    So the mention of "we need to see game play" is sort of mute,we know what single player game play is like and i highly doubt this will be different.
    tort0429

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• knightfall98knightfall98 Member UncommonPosts: 64
    it will be and open world game much like watchdogs, just cause and grand theft auto, if you gain enough heat the sith will show up along side elites its not a fight you want like the 6 star wanted level on GTA tanks, copters police, fbi all trying to murder you. Dont be surprised if vader shows or fett I cant say what the plot is but, it could either be a escape from the city or join the rebellion thing, I just want to ride a rancor and raid a star destroyer. the skills will be close to what you saw in watch dogs, do task, challenges and side quest to earn credits to unlock kind of thing, no word on light and dark side stuff.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165

JHLotB said:

Nice Avengers music.

LeiHngWei
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SFoxx21SFoxx21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    You can't judge a game by its cinematic trailer.
    Octagon7711LeiHngWeiTacticalZombeh
  • SFoxx21SFoxx21 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Also, I really hope the combat system is next gen like KingdomComeDeliverance's combat system. Or half as good really. If it's a simple button masher type combat system I'll have to give this game a pass.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No loot boxes or microtransactions. What's their stance on DLC, and expansions?
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• NightfyreNightfyre Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Where's my zombie jedi riding a unicorn on his/her way to federation space to meet with the mutant tribal knight leaders of Ni?

This is not the game i'm looking for... or is it?
  • WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 375
    Wizardry said:
    This sounds like a single player game,those don't interest me anymore because those are handcuffed,linear game play.
    Open world gaming is where it is at because it feels more real instead of gated lanes.I need the building and survival aspects in my games otherwise there is no immersion and ends up just feeling like a computer game instead of an immersive world with other people moving about.
    So the mention of "we need to see game play" is sort of mute,we know what single player game play is like and i highly doubt this will be different.
    I hate the fact that I'm getting baited into this but...single player and open world aren't mutually exclusive.  They are both systems for a game that can (and usually are) implemented together.
    Tuor7
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    OG_Zorvan said:
    It looks good and I'll most likely pick it up. But can we someday please get a movie/game from the perspective of a Sith? I would love to see how one becomes one and their journey to Darth.
    Are we pretending the prequels don't exist?

Also, think about it, people. It's singleplayer simply because SWtOR exist. EA running two online Star Wars games competing with each other, one of which would likely be completely dead in a month if the new one was even close to good? Disney isn't that stupid. I also believe Disney regrets that "EA exclusive" shit now and is trying to wait out the contract while letting EA cause as little damage to the brand as possible. That's why EA hasn't been pumping out SW games every year, Disney still holds the green light.
    I get your point, but the prequels were 90% about Anakin being a Jedi. I'm not interested in that. I want the 90% being Sith. An apprentice becoming a lord and Darth. Even a Sith that never was a Jedi, but instead always a Sith like in the old republic. Also someone new and not another Skywalker. I'd prefer it was set in the Old Republic era as well, but I won't be disappointed if it's not.
    [Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I have come to the conclusion that i am not a fan of singe player games all that much, was hoping for SWG style, but dont blame them for not doing it. So much easier to make a sp game.
    Hatefull
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    edited April 2019
    I believe all games have to be canon since Disney took over, so they cant go too "big" on the story. Story about a powerful sith probably wont happen, simply because we'd heard about such character from other sources already. At least not in the movies era.
    M1K313K0CK
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Xarko said:
    I believe all games have to be canon since Disney took over, so they cant go too "big" on the story. Story about a powerful sith probably wont happen, simply because we'd heard about such character from other sources already. At least not in the movies era.

IMO Disney has a lot of nerve talking about how things have to be cannon after they desecrated the IP from day one

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I'll play as long as it is not too action orientated and allows for older people like me with slower hands to play.
    XarkoHatefull
    Chamber of Chains
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

OG_Zorvan said:

Are we pretending the prequels don't exist?

Also, think about it, people. It's singleplayer simply because SWtOR exist. EA running two online Star Wars games competing with each other, one of which would likely be completely dead in a month if the new one was even close to good? Disney isn't that stupid. I also believe Disney regrets that "EA exclusive" shit now and is trying to wait out the contract while letting EA cause as little damage to the brand as possible. That's why EA hasn't been pumping out SW games every year, Disney still holds the green light.

I get your point, but the prequels were 90% about Anakin being a Jedi. I'm not interested in that. I want the 90% being Sith. An apprentice becoming a lord and Darth. Even a Sith that never was a Jedi, but instead always a Sith like in the old republic. Also someone new and not another Skywalker. I'd prefer it was set in the Old Republic era as well, but I won't be disappointed if it's not.

this would be interesting if they could pull of a twist of mind, make the game look trough a sith's eye, and not putting them in a evil state of mind for the audience, since you would play as one.
    MrMelGibson