Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Albion Online Review

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
I decided to give this a shot and installed it since I do not have any games I like right now.
-Did not like the graphics at all. My wife saw my screen and said "Are you playing one of the old classic games again?"
-Server is laggy, the combat is laggy.
-The combat system sucks. You have 3-4 abilities and keep spamming it. I felt like I was playing League Of Legends.
-I do not grind hours after hours in LOL to play a game, the grind in this game is really LOONNNG. Only way to avoid is cash shop.
-Not still based but zerg based combat.
-I did like the fishing system, where you actually have to throw your line at the fish.
-Played 8-9 hours. felt like playing black desert online back in 1990 with worse graphics and worse combat.
-Uninstalled

GdemaminatpickInstigator-Jones

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Cool story bro! LOL - I love the graphics.  your negatives are positives for other peeps.  There was no lag before F2P and now this is some..... to be expected with the radical population increase.
    Viper482

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2019
    Not all negatives are positive, there is still the game breaking bug for new people that won't allow you to drop the tutorial quest or take new quests if you crashed during the tutorial.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm so happy that you think so highly of yourself that your 'review' couldn't just be posted here: https://www.mmorpg.com/albion-online/columns/albion-online-impressions-of-f2p-so-far-1000013561

Viper482
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I think this review wasn't well received.
    Instigator-Jones
    Chamber of Chains
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Oh man , i really hope you get to keep your mentality and find yourself one day whit no games that you can actually enjoy and have fun whit.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Oh man , i really hope you get to keep your mentality and find yourself one day whit no games that you can actually enjoy and have fun whit.
    I started Valkyria Chronicles yesterday and it is pretty good, the story is great so far, combat and tactics are fun and do not have to grind 100+ hours. Yes, it is single player but the story makes up for it.
    edited April 2019
    Everything in this persons review is 100% fake news. 
    That was my opinion, i still think the game is a mobile game that failed to launch at app store, did not make it in B2P so trying to make it F2P with cash store now... not my piece of cake. I loved FF14 but this is nothing like it. It really think this is a mobile game....
    Gdemaminatpick
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    cagan said:

-The combat system sucks. You have 3-4 abilities and keep spamming it. I felt like I was playing League Of Legends.

Not sure you've ever played League.
    Tokken said:
    Cool story bro! LOL - I love the graphics.  your negatives are positives for other peeps.  There was no lag before F2P and now this is some..... to be expected with the radical population increase.
    Do not even try smthg like GW2 or FF14 or even WOW if you like those graphics, you will never come back after playing any decent game that launched after 2004. Try some other mobile MMO's just like this one if you like ALbion, because it is a MOBILE game
    Tokken
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Most of it is opinion based, which is 100% not considered news at all. You can take it for whatever you want, but just because someone doesn't share the same opinion doesn't mean they should be shouted down.
    Asm0deus[Deleted User]Gdemami
    Utinni said:
    cagan said:

Not sure you've ever played League.
    I am pretty sure I played LOL, i have around 30-35 heroes. But then again you should know better than me. I still say combat systemis like LOL, 3-4 keys/abilites. That was meant to be for a mobile game that failed to launch
    edited April 2019
    Most of it is opinion based, which is 100% not considered news at all. You can take it for whatever you want, but just because someone doesn't share the same opinion doesn't mean they should be shouted down.
    I disagree! BOO THIS MAN!!! >:)

Meh, tried the game, wasn't real impressed with its performance, I'll give it another look see in about a month.
    I can't tolerate the view and controls. The graphics are not bad, but ugly. At least the animations make sense and don't feel bad. Everything else might be great, but I can't get past any of that.

Also I'll add that I bought one of the founders packs before it released and I'm fine with that. I don't mind supporting indies even if I end up not liking the games.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I had no idea Albion Online had so many fanboys. 

There is a real reason this game had to go free to play ya know...and it isn't because it's great...regardless of how great you think it is. 
    Gdemami
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Albatroes said:
    I'm so happy that you think so highly of yourself that your 'review' couldn't just be posted here: https://www.mmorpg.com/albion-online/columns/albion-online-impressions-of-f2p-so-far-1000013561

No need to be a dick. Are you the forum police now?
    Gdemamicagan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    Albatroes said:

No need to be a dick. Are you the forum police now?
    Thanx for support Viper :)
    I really didn't want to post under a "SPONSORED" post, but leave it here under the game forum as a neutral reviewer. Like many people said, the game did not make it, and most likely all these people will quit which came with F2P seeing there is nothing to do but just pointless PVP and grind after 1-2 more months. I also said Bless Online is a bad game before it went F2P, i got crucified by fanboys, we all know where Bless Online is now, this game is also on its way there, just give it few more months. Then again this game is an AWESOME mobile game, i would have bought this on my phone, but sorry not for pc...
    Gdemami
  • BoomslangGamingBoomslangGaming Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    A little money guide to help you out ;) https://youtu.be/NkF5Xeogv0o
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Learn the difference between graphics and art style...mky
    Maurgrim said:
    Learn the difference between graphics and art style...mky
    The graphics are literally minimalized to play on mobile. It's clearly not just the art style.
  • Rudedawg007Rudedawg007 Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Well I gave the game a shot and it's very underwhelming and it feels very simple.

The tile sets really bother me - it ruins the immersion for me.

I find the combat very simple and really boring. Having a few simple abilities that's what kills it for me.

Playing mobile ports onto pc - just doesn't work for me.

Lesson learned.