Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One simple question.. When ?

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
This stuff is going on your years. 

I'm in a mood to ramble on and on but I'll keep it simple....

WHEN ?

Comments

• CheechGLGCheechGLG Member UncommonPosts: 10
    its still in pre-alpha, end of 2020 an beyond
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    18 months.

The same as every Crowdfunded game no matter where it sits in the development process.

ScotKyleranRemyVorenderSandmanjw

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    I am going to say 2021, but as I barely skim threads which are about games not out yet I am not your go to person on when games are coming out. :)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2019
    This stuff is going on your years. 

I'm in a mood to ramble on and on but I'll keep it simple....

WHEN ?
    As I've stated in another thread, just hope your elderly care facility has internet access.
    Stop that! In my case it is far too close to being a reality.

;)
    [Deleted User]RelampagoMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

It is sort of like the old restaurant joke about items on the menu with no prices, if you have to ask you can't afford it.

Same with indie MMOs with no release dates, if you have to ask you shouldn't be following them.

:D 
    delete5230[Deleted User]DrunkWolfRelampagoFirstKnight117Scottweedledumb99

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CembryeCembrye Member UncommonPosts: 65
    edited April 2019
    Just do what I do, and play it in your mind.  I have enjoyed many never-released dream MMOs over the years that way...you save money too
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I would guess 1.5 years from now.  It won't be any good though.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    18 months.

The same as every Crowdfunded game no matter where it sits in the development process.

and at the end of that time tack on another 5 years while it is upgraded to alpha.......
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    They already confirmed that the late 2020 release will be delayed so honestly anything within 2 years is out of the cards....if it ever makes it and that 2020 'tentative' release was for an alpha release iirc.
    18 months.

and at the end of that time tack on another 5 years while it is upgraded to alpha.......
    It never gets to the end.  That's the trick.  One month from now it will still be 18 months away.

They have mastered a way to distort time and keep people "believing".  Not specific to CU.
    Kyleran

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    What if the game is out and people are playing it right now.....in the future.
    [Deleted User]Octagon7711
    DrunkWolf said:
    Mind blown.....can I move to the future? 

;)

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Kyleran said:
    DrunkWolf said:

;)
    If your reason for going to the future is to play Ashes of Creation, then I think the future is going to be a disappointing time for you :p
    Kyleran
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    February 30
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I blame Steam
    delete5230
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Kyleran said:
    DrunkWolf said:

;)
    That will not work.  I have seen the future.  Release is still 18 months away there too.
    KyleranMrMelGibsondelete5230tweedledumb99

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    DrunkWolf said:
    I've been to the future.  It's not like they said it would be so I moved on, but at least Star Citizen is in early beta.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• FirstKnight117FirstKnight117 Member UncommonPosts: 109
    Kyleran said:
    It is sort of like the old restaurant joke about items on the menu with no prices, if you have to ask you can't afford it.

Same with indie MMOs with no release dates, if you have to ask you shouldn't be following them.

:D 

COUGH Star Citizen COUGH COUGH COUGH

Yes I know this is an Ashes of Creation thread before the thread police get upset. Just saying, by comparison, you will be in good company in the elderly care facility heh heh....

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    lol the future eh...hmm is Wow still going strong?

Seriously i do not get a good vibe about this game,every time i feel something is wrong,there is something wrong,i felt it with SOE..TRION ,i can see the signs long in the distance.

Even though i feel the node system is not the answer to making or breaking the game,we should give some credit for trying to create a realistic feel to the world.The problem for me is that i know how it is done so it ruins the intrigue of the idea.I like to be surprised and think "oh man that is a cool idea,i wonder how they did it".
    I look for deep systems,imo the nodes will be a simple 3 tier system.However i need to see the combat structure,the weaponry structure,armor creatures,i need to see how it is all done then i know if it is AAA or just another ho hum trying to get my money but will fail in doing so.

All i keep hearing is the guy is passionate,wants to make a great game,he loves gaming,well idk i am sure there are soem passionate Wow fans but i am not playing any Wow either so even passionate fans can be different from each other in ideas.

I think i can break it down into SIMPLE terms,what i seek at this point in time is a hybrid Survival game +RPG game,anything less and it won't do,notta,no thanks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    DrunkWolf said:
    I've been to the future.  It's not like they said it would be so I moved on, but at least Star Citizen is in early beta.

early beta? dude your never supposed to travel past your grand kids life times into the future.
    Kyleran
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    I got bored with 2019 so I jumped in the Tardis and I skipped over to 2219.

Star Citizen was in Alpha 232.1

And still raising Crowdfunding Money.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Don't worry.  The future will be better tomorrow.