Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Hyped for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers? If So, Check Out the New Microsite - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageGetting Hyped for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers? If So, Check Out the New Microsite - MMORPG.com

If you're getting pumped for this summer's release of Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, then you're definitely going to want to swing by the new microsite that has new information about the story, challenges, and systems coming with the expansion. It will be updated over time with even more as the time for the Shadowbringers expansion launch nears.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Here's hoping it wont turn out to be an Early Access expansion like BfA has turned out to be.
    Hashbrick
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    wondering about new skills the most , some jobs have already too much on the table , others not so much.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited April 2019
    I stopped playing this game not too long into the endgame for SB. The story was great, but level 80 just was not. I just could not get excited for the job changes. 
    Xantavius
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,852

Warlyx said:

wondering about new skills the most , some jobs have already too much on the table , others not so much.

2.5 months from launch and the only thing we know about class/combat changes is that TP is being removed.

This is probably going to be one of those expansions I don't get for months.
    edited April 2019

Warlyx said:

I'm with you in that regard. Bard has a lot of skills that should've honestly been consoldated and machinist, that flamethrower skill just ruined the rest of the job. As Yoshida always says though "each class will more or less have the same amount of skills as they currently have." When he says that and then you play, it just feels like some things are just made cumbersome on purpose just to be 'adjusted' in the next expansion. Couple that with a new tank even though dark knight was already out of place as is when paladin could block spells, now he's say 'off tank potential' or some garbage when it'll still end up being warrior and paladin in the end anyway. Warrior is just too strong and Paladin has too much utility. Dark knight also still has a lot of useless abilities.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Albatroes said:

Here's hoping it wont turn out to be an Early Access expansion like BfA has turned out to be.

Let's compare apples to oranges shall we?
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I am taking a wait and see approach to this expansion. 2.0 really shined. I really enjoyed 3.x as well. 4.x was somewhat disappointing for me, but not terrible. However, it's been my experience that once MMORPG relases start getting into the 4.Xs and 5.Xs, they lose the identity that made them what they originally were.
    Hashbrick said:

Albatroes said:

Let's compare apples to oranges shall we?
    Seeing as both games' communities tend to do that when they encounter something they dont like in their respective games, yes lets compare. But I'm sure you knew that....
  • shimochanshimochan Member UncommonPosts: 8
    I have hopes for the story in this expansion, but i want to know more about the rest. The way i feel right now is i doubt i will preorder but will look at it once released if it seems worth it.
  • peanutabcpeanutabc Member UncommonPosts: 176
    FFXIV Is just one of those games I wish just did more.

We can fully expect the expansion to have everything be high quality. There's no reason to doubt them in this regard.

The problem just lies in another area of the game. It basically being the exact same game in regards to what it offers in 6 years. Friends and people that started in 4.0 don't see the problem yet are are eagerly awaiting shadowbringers and the "new" content or are too naive.

Friends that started in 3.0 and earlier do see it and share the same opinions as myself which is. We would like to see the game grow and develop on top of what they are giving us but for the most part they don't do this. They refuse to do anything but the bare minimum that "works" for them.

If you even suggest the game having more or criticise that it hasn't evolved in 6 years you're immediately shut down but in our eyes the game deserves better. What there is great. No one is saying it's inheritly bad but apparently wanting more is just impossible.

It's saddening that we can fully expect the following with shadowbringers and whatever expansion follows;

- 1 or 2 primals on release with an extra every 6 months
    - 4 boss raid with savage version releasing a week or two later ( 12 bosses total (excluding unique savage phase))
    - 2 dungeons on release with an extra every 3-6 month
    - 3 alliance raids total in expansions lifespan
    - a POTD, Eureka equivilent
    - couple ultimate fights
    - some meme content (gold saucer, limited jobs(LOL))

it's been basically this for years. Shadowbringers is just basically a new coat of paint of the exact same. nothing is innovative anymore or anything extra.

It's a real shame because they clearly get an absurd amount of money from this game. Fanfests and collectors editions sell out almost instantly. Cash shop. Merchandise such as lorebooks, CDs and other things sell out quickly too. They're making an extreme amount of money compared to how the game was 6 years ago but I would be hard pressed to believe even 10% of this is going back into the game.