Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkborn a game where you play as an ancient cave creature that people are trying to kill

KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    Kinda remind me of this
    Related image

AlmostLancelot
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I watched that a few days ago. Looks interesting.
    KingNaid
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Reminds my of the old Wizardry (?) game Return of Werdna, where the player is the evil wizard defeated in an earlier game.

You come back to life at the bottom of the dungeon and have to fight your way to the surface against parties of hero characters, some composed of parties whose composition was submitted by players of previous titles, maybe even end up fighting yourself.
    [Deleted User]

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Kyleran said:
    Reminds my of the old Wizardry (?) game Return of Werdna, where the player is the evil wizard defeated in an earlier game.

You come back to life at the bottom of the dungeon and have to fight your way to the surface against parties of hero characters, some composed of parties whose composition was submitted by players of previous titles, maybe even end up fighting yourself.
    ah the 4th wizardry game was interesting, and in the end you could choose turn good or get revenge when you did get in the city, kinda miss that game series, though I have to say after the 6th things did become strange lol, till the 5th one it was all on Llylgamyn city after that they go to space, kinda a jump in tech
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Saw that video a week or so ago.  I am surprised no one linked it on here earlier.

It looks like a fun mixture of several other games -- Styx, Skyrim, etc.
    It's very Beowulf with the Vikings and cave of monsters, etc.

The combat looks pretty... awful, but the game concept is an underutilized one, imo.  There aren't enough games where you play as the "monster".

Considering it seems like a game all about killing, it'll depend how well they put that gameplay together.
    It looks like as you get older you become more one-dimensional slasher and less stealth/assassin, which I hope isn't the case.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    Looks interesting. Reminds me of Grendal from Beowulf and we play from Grendal's perspective so to speak.

Will give this a try for sure!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    I do wish more games tried ideas like this. Being the monster, exploring their 'side' instead of always being the adventurer trying to do 'good' etc. The mordor games always made me think about the 'bad' guys' politics and stuff, delving deeper and genuinely wanting to see what would happen if 'the bad guys won.' Spice up the genre a bit. I hope it turns out well.
    Asm0deusLokero
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    I think I like the concept of Dungeon Keeper better.

This here is too gruesome for my taste.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I wonder how you can balance becoming so powerful that you can rip apart dozens with impunity.
    The early gameplay of the weak child like creature was a lot more interesting than the end game massacring monster.
    LokeroCaffynated
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Xasapis said:
    I wonder how you can balance becoming so powerful that you can rip apart dozens with impunity.
    The early gameplay of the weak child like creature was a lot more interesting than the end game massacring monster.
    Yea, and that "boss" fight was terribly easy. Just whip then do the cinematic attack until death.
    Lokero

• DwaaawffulDwaaawfful Member UncommonPosts: 65
    When I'm locked away in my gaming bunker for weeks on end, it's good to know I have a kindred spirit out there in the ether — especially when neighbours insist on sending in the dogs to "sniff out the weirdo and check whenter he died."
    Stumpiness & Unbridled Misery Masquerading as VIRTUE

Need an AI-Free Elf Names Generator to bring your next elven character to life? Why ... course you do, you darn fool!
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Loved the start, very atmospheric and touching. Then it turned into a boring stealth/slaughter fest. No thanks.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer