Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft Site Updated with a Look at Changes Coming to the Heart of Azeroth - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageWorld of Warcraft Site Updated with a Look at Changes Coming to the Heart of Azeroth - MMORPG.com

One of the biggest issues many players have with World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth is the Heart of Azeroth "progression" system. Many believe that, after Legion Artifacts, the Heart of Azeroth feels lackluster. World of Warcraft developers are hoping that when v8.2 Rise of Azshara launches later this year, that will all change with big improvements being added. In a new blog post on the official site, the team lays out the first information about what players can expect.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I was laughing so hard that I started to cry when I was looking at this. This dev team just needs to change, sorry.
    Life2vBlueThunderBearThaharXingbairongSailorMomRain_DeathravenPuReDusT
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,165
    here's a grind for your grind while you grind.
    BlueThunderBearThaharSailorMom[Deleted User]Rain_DeathravenMargrave
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    So now everyone can BE a sparklepony?!
    BlueThunderBear

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    So they are basically adding something close to the old glyph system back into the game. Granted these will give you power an not just change them. Sad they remove things just to bring them back over an over to remove again when the next xpac hits.
    Palebane

k61977 said:

So they are basically adding something close to the old glyph system back into the game. Granted these will give you power an not just change them. Sad they remove things just to bring them back over an over to remove again when the next xpac hits.

That's what pisses me off the most when you hear people say how 'great' legion was, when it literally gutted the game and just gave it back to you overtime. People dont complain until they lose it and forget what to complain about when they get it back.
    Thahar
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I just want to go back to a time before they had items that gained power through dailies and activities and just let me obtain better items as loot. Grinding an item to make it better isn't something I'm interested in.
    AmathePalebane
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Ah yes, now we can look forward to raid runs where you're booted instantly if you dont sparkle. Thanks Blizz, you really have your finger on the pulse of the community on this one...
    SBFordXingbairongSailorMom
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    What concerns me is this: Pretty much every completely new feature they added in Battle for Azeroth has been resoundingly rejected by the community. So rather than fix the shit show that BfA is right now, they add a bunch more completely new features to the game. What's the likelihood that all of these will be welcomed with open arms?

Don't get me wrong: I think that some of the stuff they've talked about are pretty interesting, even if grindy, but I worry that it'll just be more bad features added to the War Mode, Warfronts, Island Expeditions and the Heart of Azeroth. :/
    caganAlbatroesScottJeslisPalebane[Deleted User]Viper482[Deleted User]ThaharMadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:

What concerns me is this: Pretty much every completely new feature they added in Battle for Azeroth has been resoundingly rejected by the community. So rather than fix the shit show that BfA is right now, they add a bunch more completely new features to the game. What's the likelihood that all of these will be welcomed with open arms?

Don't get me wrong: I think that some of the stuff they've talked about are pretty interesting, even if grindy, but I worry that it'll just be more bad features added to the War Mode, Warfronts, Island Expeditions and the Heart of Azeroth. :/

The real issue with all of these features is that they deal with play hours, which Ion confirmed multiples that he doesn't want people to be done with stuff too fast. Of course that is obvious, the real problem with him saying that is hour the game publicizes success, which is via hours played instead of actual sub numbers.

Personally, I dont know how they can honestly fix BfA and honestly it doesn't sound like they know either given that they said they were working on the neck line since the start of bfa. The neck wont fix the core issue of the azerite system which is the armor still punishing you for playing multiple specs. The traits are too 'effective' to notice which leaves the average person with the options of refarming armor per spec (which is what Ion admitted he wanted people to do), paying out the arse on reforges when you want to play different specs for different kinds of content (which is how classes were originally designed to be played....go figure), or only running 1 spec per class (which is stupid unless you're a bad ret pally). Ironically, they ended up with a worse problem than legion because especially with how AP works atm with no increasing to a certain point and only going down to a certain point, it makes catching up later too long. On average per new toon, you'll have to grind 1-2 weeks worth of islands to catch that toon up with where the armor unlocks stop unless (which honestly sounds like they'll do) just make armor auto unlock at 120 during 8.3 so all new people have to worry about is grinding the heart path.

I know people dont like me saying the team needs to change, but Ion has been there for 3 expansions now and look at his work so far and heck, he honestly might not be the one who comes up with the ideas, but hes the one who has to sign off on them so he's just as responsible for the bad ideas that come. Passives were stripped away in wod as well as the glyph system done away with to help form that 'amazing' artifact and legendary system legion got, which in the end gave nothing to the game because it was all wiped in bfa, along side tier sets. Now he's thinking of throwing levels away with the level squish just because the team thought it was so good reason to not give us anything new for the last 20 levels before cap simply because they didn't want to deal with balancing issues later on (which they still haven't even dealt with now an they have 1/4 of the abilities/passives to worry about now).
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Oh yeah, @Albatroes -- as I sat listening to today's stream, all I could think was grind on grind on grind and yet a bit more grind! YAY... *sends up a wet firecracker* :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    edited April 2019

Only 18 months or so before they can leave BFA behind!

We can play if you want to. We can leave BFA behind. Cause BFA sucks, and if BFA sucks, then it's not a game of mine.
    MadFrenchie
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I miss the days when you did something and then,  as a reward, you got an item, say, a new sword, with its own look and stats. That whole business with grinding out the attributes of some generic item is a buzzkill, to me at least.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited April 2019

Amathe said:

I miss the days when you did something and then,  as a reward, you got an item, say, a new sword, with its own look and stats. That whole business with grinding out the attributes of some generic item is a buzzkill, to me at least.

Or the old days of doing dungeons/raids and not having to worry about if the loot you got was max warforge/titanforge with a socket. But it seems that way of thinking is old and its more 'fun' with warforging/titanforging, according to Ion and his team.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    SBFord said:

Pretty sure they have a poster board they are going by. Who knows how long it’s been going on or how much longer they have, but it seems like they are unable or unwilling to change course.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

Anyone else feels its a slap in the face when they told about the new follower you'll get access to that has to be leveled up and 'will get access to new abilities as it levels up.' Like....what happened to us getting access to new abilities as we level up? Or did they forget about that 20 levels of pure nothingness they introduced when they wiped the artifact system and added really nothing in its place in bfa.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    They are really determined to NOT LISTEN to the community. Adding more grind... really? That's all you could think of... oh wait! They didn't actually put any thought in this. This is obviously the path they've decided for the expansion before it launched and before it was titled by the community as a failure.

I really hope that this will be the first ever in WoW history exception where the next expansion gets launched the following year(AKA this November/December).
    edited April 2019

They are really determined to NOT LISTEN to the community. Adding more grind... really? That's all you could think of... oh wait! They didn't actually put any thought in this. This is obviously the path they've decided for the expansion before it launched and before it was titled by the community as a failure.

I really hope that this will be the first ever in WoW history exception where the next expansion gets launched the following year(AKA this November/December).

What's funny is that they invited the same people hyping bfa when it was in alpha to a private summit to share their ideas on how to 'improve' the game and give 'feedback' on 8.2. If they were so focused on getting proper feedback on 8.2, why hasn't it be on the ptr yet? All we're getting is previews and garbage on features and a 'game changing system' that the team apparently feels wont need that much time to 'test' (aka, they aren't going to change anything regardless of the 'feedback' they get). Then when it fails again, we'll get the same tired line "We're going to work on improving our communication with the community and give things enough time to be properly tested." The wrong people got laid off....
    Xingbairong
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I get confused by those Warcraft hate threads where people are complaining about opposite things. Too much grind! Everyone gets a prize! We want something new! Bring Classic back! Don't take our portals! We prefer to walk everywhere with no flying! We can't fly! I swear some people are arguing both sides too.

Definitely not a perfect game, far from it, but I wonder what you guys are playing. Not something anywhere near perfect I'm sure. Likely something much simpler that will only last a year.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    ...***SIGH***
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    As long as it’s not 100% locked behind mythic +, raids, and pvp to get the legendaries then it will be fine. I can grind out exalted or farm whatever resources, but as soon im forced to do content I hate, im out.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Here's what you do Blizzard..

Take out the Heart completely and just add a normal alternate advancement system where you earn skill points by earning XP. You did it in Diablo 3, and it was great, but you refuse to do it in WoW for some reason.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Great, so they're adding some passives and an active skill to the dregs of azeroth. Imagine if they'd had a system like that already in place from the beginning, except it could've been on weapons, call them artifact weapons or something. Then we could've kept armour sets and avoided one big fuck up.

As for adding a special visual to a skill, yeah in the middle of a raid where spells are going off all over the gaff and you need welding goggles so as not to burn your retinas out, I've got time to notice a frost mage with icicles spinning round its nipples.
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200
    So they think that people left WoW, because of a neck?
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    How to take the MMORPG with the largest population of all time and drive it into the ground, courtesy of Activison.
    [Deleted User]
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Yup.

They're out of ideas, and content.

Old game is old.