Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What We Know So Far About Borderlands 3

2»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2019
    It doesn't annoy me, because I understand why Epic is doing it, they haven't attempted to build a permanent exclusive library, and the company has already clearly stated it's a temporary strategy to build an install base.

Couple that with the additional revenue the devs get to keep, and I'm on board.

And a good strategy it is, never said it was not. I also understand that Steam is not the victim, they charge to much for things to be on there store and if what is going on changes that then I will be happy. Because the devs that do put there heart and soul in to the game deserve there earned profit. 

It will still be inconvenience for me that I have to wait for this shit to be over for the games to hit steam. Like I said once before on a different artical I will just pretend these games are getting a 2020 release date instead of a 2019 release date. The only game that is on Epic store that disgusts me is Metro because they ripped it off of steam last minute after people waited for it to be released, for the ones that waited for it to finally come out and don't like to pre order find out they are SOL was slightly unfair. 
    I agree that removing the title from Steam after taking pre-orders was shitty.  However, I don't put as much blame on Epic for that as I do the devs.  In the end, Epic can't coerce them into it- all they can do is offer their deal, which the devs then have to decide is worth taking or not.

Sure, in a perfectly moral world, Epic would've politely declined to make a deal, saying "Well, we wouldn't like it if Valve did this to one of our titles, so thanks, but no thanks."

But we don't live in that world.  Not by any stretch of the imagination.  Epic offering a larger cut for exclusivity sounds like a pretty rational, equitable position pitch from Epic's perspective.  They have no obligation to consider Valve's position or interests in negotiating deals with developers.

EDIT- in fact, as far as I know, nothing stops Valve from renegotiating the percentages for any title that Epic offers such a contract to.  Valve doesn't seem to have done much to respond to Epic sweeping these titles out from under their noses, except to posture publicly a little bit.  That's on Valve.
    Ridelynn

edited April 2019
    I'm just shilling for the video game outrage mob to pick a topic to rage over that's actually fucking legitimate.  Sue me.

• Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I'm just shilling for the video game outrage mob to pick a topic to rage over that's actually fucking legitimate.  Sue me.
    What is not of worth for you, may be to others. 

edited April 2019
    I would submit that compared to, say... Bioware treating their employees like dogshit, thereby contributing to the decline in the quality of their recent releases as well as the deterioration of reputation for both a beloved franchise (Mass Effect) as well the studio itself, would be an objectively more legitimate issue for the video game outrage mob to take up.

Y'know: advocating that the workers who contribute to our great RPG experiences not be worked directly into a straight-jacket due to poor management.  That sounds like a legitimately worrisome trend that actually degrades the experiences we get from said developer.  Seems more important, to me, than complaining repeatedly and review bombing about a free storefront purchasing temporary exclusivity rights for a small handful of titles  as part of a temporary strategy to gain a foothold and provide competition to a company that has a monopolistic hold on the current market.

But hey: that's just me.

• WraggilyWraggily Newbie CommonPosts: 1

I would submit that compared to, say... Bioware treating their employees like dogshit, thereby contributing to the decline in the quality of their recent releases as well as the deterioration of reputation for both a beloved franchise (Mass Effect) as well the studio itself, would be an objectively more legitimate issue for the video game outrage mob to take up.

Y'know: advocating that the workers who contribute to our great RPG experiences not be worked directly into a straight-jacket due to poor management.  That sounds like a legitimately worrisome trend that actually degrades the experiences we get from said developer.  Seems more important, to me, than complaining repeatedly and review bombing about a free storefront purchasing temporary exclusivity rights for a small handful of titles  as part of a temporary strategy to gain a foothold and provide competition to a company that has a monopolistic hold on the current market.

But hey: that's just me.

Hey dude, Steam def needs competition. But bringing this exclusive BS to PC gaming needs to STOP. I dont care about any of the games EPIC has locked in, so this doesnt properly affect me...But, dont kid yourself into thinking EPIC starting a monopoly on new releases is compeition. its a MONOPOLY. they want to take steam out. Sorry you cant see the obvious. BTW, i have MANY digital storefronts i use for gaming. SO its not like im some steam loyalist. But, bad business practices are bad business practises. EPIC abandoned PC gaming years ago, STEAM helped bring PC gaming to a new level.

Also EPIC should be ashamed of that barebones storefront they launched. They dont care about the consumer, if they did, they would put some love into that store before throwing it out there.

Peace out kid.
    MadFrenchie
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    i never played this franchise so i tried the B2.
    That was a long time ago 2005,so i had to look at it from that era.i could see a rather low budget design and i know the unreal engine very well so i could see what they were doing.
    However ,it was sort of fun,i would say that is about as good as you can deliver a low budget game and come off as fun to play.

The personalities were great as well,often good humor/fun.The robot companion is also great calling me his minion and tons of funny one liners.
    The only issue i had with the game is the graphics somehow gave me a similar effect as Wildstar did,sort of like that queasy jet lag sort of feeling and idk why.I think maybe it's the way the graphics load but idk.

The art style was done well.Very linear gameplay but that is how these games worked for a lot of years.The itemisation was average at best,felt mostly like pew pew.A nice idea to remove frustration from running out of ammo,you can simply reload a zone and the loot is there again.

Overall,i'd say not too bad,i enjoyed the humor,if they can improve on this new Borderlands 3 with modern tech and graphics then it should be a decent game.

lahnmir

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DilandauDilandau Member UncommonPosts: 24
    I am hyped for B3 as for the whole launcher discussion, look already have 6 different launcher installed so another isn´t really going to kill me.

When it comes to what class to play, I will play all of them ^^

"Love feels no burden, thinks nothing of its trouble, attempts what is above its strength, pleads no excuse for impossibility, for it thinks all things are lawful for itself and all things are possible."

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    edited April 2019
    Yea hard pass. Not installing that bullshit Epic Games store.
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Epic's approach to entering the games launcher biz is essentially the same as any corporate raider attempting to take over someone's else's business but bringing nothing at all to the table except a suitcase full of money.
    Cyber_wasteland
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    No Steam ........ No Buy
    ChildoftheShadowsCyber_wasteland
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Funny that "what we know so far about Borderlands 3" basically comes down to one thing and nothing else, the exclusive deal.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Thank god I don't have to use Steam to buy it.
    Rhoklaw said:

There's a lack of sarcasm in your response.
    100% genuine.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Dilandau said:
    I am hyped for B3 as for the whole launcher discussion, look already have 6 different launcher installed so another isn´t really going to kill me.

Geesh i totally forgot about different  classes lmao.When i tried B2 i only played the normal looking dude,idk what he is for a class,i shot guns .
    The only problem i would have and this just going on B2 is i am not a big fan of replaying maps,example i don't like ARPG's,replaying the same map is not the same as going back to a map and fighting different mobs.

IDK maybe B3 is open ended,in 2019 is really needs to be as for coop sure but i never really saw why cop op in B2 unless the game changes and adds more enemies idk.
    This is 14 years later,i need to see open ended gaming and more maps/choices of where to go , not just a linear path.

I imagine the one ideal we have to go on is they like to keep the humor and i really enjoy that in these shootem up games,i was a big fan of Serious Sam for fun times.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2019
    Wizardry said:
    Dilandau said:

Geesh i totally forgot about different  classes lmao.When i tried B2 i only played the normal looking dude,idk what he is for a class,i shot guns .
    The only problem i would have and this just going on B2 is i am not a big fan of replaying maps,example i don't like ARPG's,replaying the same map is not the same as going back to a map and fighting different mobs.

IDK maybe B3 is open ended,in 2019 is really needs to be as for coop sure but i never really saw why cop op in B2 unless the game changes and adds more enemies idk.
    This is 14 years later,i need to see open ended gaming and more maps/choices of where to go , not just a linear path.

I imagine the one ideal we have to go on is they like to keep the humor and i really enjoy that in these shootem up games,i was a big fan of Serious Sam for fun times.
    BL2 is massive and very open. If you were replaying maps on a normal campaign play through then you were doing something wrong. The loot grind is there if you want it at endgame but I doubt you got that far.

I suppose there's a few side missions that take you back to an area you've already been to.. but they always take you to a part of that area you didn't 'need' to go to the last time you were there.
    MadFrenchie
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

blbeta said:

Only two concerns with Epic. As far as I have seen there is no cloud saves. That would mean you are responsible to backup your saves.

Multiplayer joining games. Is it going to work with players on Steam or other places. I really don't want PC players fragmented.

Good points. I hope Gearbox will take care of that on their side. Was it this game where they were talking about cross platform play actually?

Not sure who I'l play yet. But if this game is anything like BL2 with better team play and loot I'll be maining it for a while :)
  • Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Who cares what stupid launcher you have to click on to play your game. Really, we need a world war followed by a soul crushing depression and long period of global famine just so these spoiled millenials get some perspective on what is important in life.
    Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

100% genuine.
    So you're one of those people who would rather struggle in life than admit your argument is flawed. The fact you just said Steam is inferior to Epic Store says everything one needs to know about you. That's some Gdemami level thinking right there.
    He never made an assessment directly on the two, but merely gave his opinion regarding this game.

Rhok, you haven't been exactly rational about this whole Epic Store thing.  Not sure why you'd try to criticize someone holding an opinion of their own on it for merely holding said opinion.

Rhoklaw said:
    Rhoklaw said:

100% genuine.
    So you're one of those people who would rather struggle in life than admit your argument is flawed. The fact you just said Steam is inferior to Epic Store says everything one needs to know about you. That's some Gdemami level thinking right there.
    LMAO. I pitty you.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    BL2 came out so long ago. Is there any word on what actual improvements have been done to BL3 as opposed to a reskinned BL2 with more DLC? What is there to make it a "3" vs a $60 extension of BL2?