Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Magic The Gathering Arena - Ilharg, the Raze Boar Exclusive Reveal

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 32,949

imageMagic The Gathering Arena - Ilharg, the Raze Boar Exclusive Reveal

As MMO and RPG players we have all tried Magic before. Now with Magic The Gathering Arena fans are finally able to meet each other online and play in some of the top tournaments around the globe. It has been Magic’s much needed launch into the online space and we could not be happier. So with that we have an amazing exclusive for you!

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


Post edited by SBFord on
«1

Comments

  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 1,971
    edited April 10
    Ive been playing mtg arena for awhile now. Its pretty fair in terms of unlocking cards. I enjoy it much, much more than hearthstone.
    SBFordBrokenSilenceRemyVorender
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Is this supposed to be a card we can get through this site? or just a preview?
  • SvendSvinSvendSvin Member UncommonPosts: 10

    jdnewell said:

    Is this supposed to be a card we can get through this site? or just a preview?



    It is just a preview from the new series that is coming next month. Or in the case of Arena, later this month.

    - SvendSvin

  • odysseus033odysseus033 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    I thought it was going to be a code for a free card, boo!
    RandomInSociety
  • BrokenSilenceBrokenSilence Member UncommonPosts: 278
    I've played a lot of CCGs past and present and in my opinion MTG Arena is EASILY the best CCG on the market right now.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,801
    Very well made CCG.
    BruceYee

    Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

  • sgelsgel Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Arguably the best CCG ever made and MTG:Arena is by far the best digital implementation of it.

    As for this card.. it looks incredibly strong and will be very fun to play with :)

    ..Cake..

  • SelhaizeaSelhaizea Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Indeed i like more heastone cayse you cand o more random plays but Magic is awesome too!
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,919
    I want Commander / EDH.
    RandomInSocietyNyctelios
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 272
    MtG:Arena P2W gets old quick...especially if you don't pay lol
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,204

    Rhime said:

    MtG:Arena P2W gets old quick...especially if you don't pay lol



    Well, they have to make money somehow.

    The alternative is buying the real cards, like we used to do back in the 90's when Magic:TCG was at it's height.
    Nyctelios
  • NeanderthalNeanderthal Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I've been playing Eternal which is very similar to magic.  I have to give them credit for not going nuts with the pay to win stuff.  Being the cheap bastard I am I haven't spent a dime on it and I don't feel like I'm suffering for it.  If you play regularly you really can get any card you want without having to pay real money for it.

    How does MTG: Arena compare to that?  
  • odysseus033odysseus033 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited April 11
    Arena is very good at making you not pay. Daily quests reward 500-750 gold. A pack costs 1000 gold. Weekly quests award 3 packs. Even after all quests are done, each win will get you a random card or a minor amiunt of gold. Each pack you open can have wildcard parts or full wildcard that you can trade for any card in the game. Doing the intro quests also rewards ton of premed themed decks.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    I downloaded it and played through the tutorial quests.
    Played a few matches online to get a basic feel for the game.
    Seems pretty good. Looks like you can put time In without spending a ton and get a decent deck.
    The people who spend big on packs will have an advantage to be sure. But that goes for any CCG.
    I have a ton of mtg card from when i played in the 90s. Some worth a decent amount of money.
    The only problem i have with digital cards is they have no value. And that's why I have been hesitant to spend any money.
    If I spend $100 on actual cards at the store I have a good chance of getting cards that can be sold back, digital not so much.
    There is a very active ccg scene where I live. Might just have to start playing again.
  • RandomInSocietyRandomInSociety Member CommonPosts: 4

    Gorwe said:

    I want Commander / EDH.



    Me too!
  • ananitananit Member UncommonPosts: 255
    jdnewell said:
    I downloaded it and played through the tutorial quests.
    Played a few matches online to get a basic feel for the game.
    Seems pretty good. Looks like you can put time In without spending a ton and get a decent deck.
    The people who spend big on packs will have an advantage to be sure. But that goes for any CCG.
    I have a ton of mtg card from when i played in the 90s. Some worth a decent amount of money.
    The only problem i have with digital cards is they have no value. And that's why I have been hesitant to spend any money.
    If I spend $100 on actual cards at the store I have a good chance of getting cards that can be sold back, digital not so much.
    There is a very active ccg scene where I live. Might just have to start playing again.
    build mono blue or mono red, you can get to the top of the leaderboards with either of those pretty easily and they really don't cost you a lot of wildcards to get going. monoblue is the cheapest when it comes to the amount of rare cards needed.

    blue : https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/arena_standard-mono-blue-tempo-75036#arena only 4 rare and extremely good
    red : https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/arena_standard-mono-red-aggro-77378#arena 11 rares and super good aswell

    you can build the blue one very quickly and start climbing and winning a lot. makes it very easy and fast to get your daily gold quests.
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Thanks.
    Will give one of those a go
  • ananitananit Member UncommonPosts: 255
    jdnewell said:
    Thanks.
    Will give one of those a go
    no problem ! enjoy the grind :) 
    oh and you can import/export decks easily if you didn't know. on the link i posted, there is an option to 'export to mtg arena', click on that and follow the instructions.
  • radndoradndo Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    MTG’s War of the Spark spoilers just got a little bit more wild with the newest card: Ilharg, the Raze-Boar. This reveal is important because it confirms that we’re getting a cycle of mythic Amonkhet gods. Let’s get into it. Breakdown Ilharg is, simply put, a monster of a card. The post War of the Spark spoilers | Ilharg, the Raze-Boar: Harbinger of the Amonkhet gods appeared first on Daily Esports.
    Source: https://gamenewsninja.com/feeds/media/daily-esports/war-of-the-spark-spoilers-ilharg-the-raze-boar-harbinger-of-the-amonkhet-gods
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 794
    This card is nuts!

    Well looks like I'm showing up for the next expansion too. Great implementation of Magic btw for those that like the game. Easily the best digital version to date.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,919
    jdnewell said:
    Thanks.
    Will give one of those a go
    I'll have to go against that because netdecking and grinding goes against the very core of MTG. Spontaneous, creative fun is why one should play MTG and that's why I mentioned
    Commander, because it allows that, quite unlike Standard(which is netdeck fest).

    Regardless, have fun.
  • ananitananit Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Gorwe said:
    jdnewell said:
    Thanks.
    Will give one of those a go
    I'll have to go against that because netdecking and grinding goes against the very core of MTG. Spontaneous, creative fun is why one should play MTG and that's why I mentioned
    Commander, because it allows that, quite unlike Standard(which is netdeck fest).

    Regardless, have fun.
    except that he is playing on mtg arena and for that he needs to make gold through wins to build his collection. he could pay money for that but his first post implies that he is not willing to.
    there aren't many ways to do that in a more efficient manner than netdecking an easy to build deck.
    and if you want to make funky creations after that, you will be able to do it since the deck you are using to get your daily pack allows you to do it in less than an hour and it only cost you less than 10 rare wildcards.

  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 5,919
    ananit said:
    Gorwe said:
    jdnewell said:
    Thanks.
    Will give one of those a go
    I'll have to go against that because netdecking and grinding goes against the very core of MTG. Spontaneous, creative fun is why one should play MTG and that's why I mentioned
    Commander, because it allows that, quite unlike Standard(which is netdeck fest).

    Regardless, have fun.
    except that he is playing on mtg arena and for that he needs to make gold through wins to build his collection. he could pay money for that but his first post implies that he is not willing to.
    there aren't many ways to do that in a more efficient manner than netdecking an easy to build deck.
    and if you want to make funky creations after that, you will be able to do it since the deck you are using to get your daily pack allows you to do it in less than an hour and it only cost you less than 10 rare wildcards.

    And I keep saying that they need to make the starter decks better. There is no downside to that. There could be one, but there is no winning without risking some, eh?
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,234
    edited April 12
    JeroKane said:

    Rhime said:

    MtG:Arena P2W gets old quick...especially if you don't pay lol



    Well, they have to make money somehow.

    The alternative is buying the real cards, like we used to do back in the 90's when Magic:TCG was at it's height.
    Sure, I can make a pauper (or even modern) complete deck from the price you would have to spend on this slot machine for kids of a game.

    Nobody buys booster for getting singles, you go to a local game store, or your friends, open Star City and check the prices and buy them directly. You can't do that with this game. You have to spend money to get a meta currency to then apply to a RNG system. *sigh*

    And as much I dislike the current vision for MTG, it is making more money now and it is more popular now (well, it is only growing since the Tenth Edition) than it was when you claim it was it's height just because is when you played it. Even before MTG: Arena was a thing.

    But I would gladly toss everything into the pit to get anything near the Weatherlight saga again. I hope with the death of certain plainswalkers and the Exile of Bolas they can move on from this mess.

    But, let's not forget Magic Online exists. You can also play Magic for free in many sites that are used to test decks.

    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,234
    Gorwe said:
    I want Commander / EDH.
    There is a issue, tho. Commander depends on the commander card list. Arena does not have a card list to play Commander, just Brawl.

    And Brawl is garbage.

    And they already said they will not feed it's database for modern card list, legacy, vintage or even pauper. Just standard and their own "standard plus".

    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

Sign In or Register to comment.