Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Skyscale Mount Revealed - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Skyscale Mount Revealed - MMORPG.com

Yesterday we shared a Guild Wars 2 teaser video from ArenaNet that had players talking about the dragon seen cruising through the air. Today we now know that the Skyscale is a new mount coming to the game. According to Eurogamer's exclusive reveal, unlike the currently existing griffon mount, "the dragon is more like a helicopter as it can take off from the ground and go up. It can gain altitude where the griffon can't".

Read the full story here

Comments

• ShaihubyShaihuby Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Okay this is the mount i was dreaming of in GW2, i can't wait till the release of the new episode!
    SBFordUnbinoseshsesFolmenJilynaOctagon7711
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    I wish they would spend the time they use to develop these mounts to create actual content. It's nice to have new mounts but waiting months for a new living story update just to realise that it has only 2-3 hours of content and maybe a new fractal or raid is sad tbh. I understand this is a free update but they are not talking about a new expansion either and they don't have paid dlc's like ESO too. So the only thing we have is this. It looks good when you watch the teasers for these updates. It looks like they have tons of content but trust me they don't...
    PuReDusTFolmenJilyna
  • Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Nice!
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    edited April 2019
    Nyctelios said:
    Nepheth said:
    I wish they would spend the time they use to develop these mounts to create actual content. It's nice to have new mounts but waiting months for a new living story update just to realise that it has only 2-3 hours of content and maybe a new fractal or raid is sad tbh. I understand this is a free update but they are not talking about a new expansion either and they don't have paid dlc's like ESO too. So the only thing we have is this. It looks good when you watch the teasers for these updates. It looks like they have tons of content but trust me they don't...
    Well, back in the day the living stories had more content and you guys said didn't want that. Majority "voted" for content being dump by expansions instead of living story episodic nature.

Now we have this.

Game started to die since that decision, as I said it would. Living Story back then would take a quite amount of time to finish and was a fresh take with new instanced levels, monsters, story and so on... Now?...

New mounts, yuhuull!
    Well it worked great for HoT. It's not about the expansion vs living world but it's about the said expansion and what they delivered with it.

PoF is an empty shell compered to HoT with meaningless maps without quality repeatable contents and following that with the low quality living story updates. They released 2 new amazing fractals and couple of mounts after PoF release. And that's all. The new maps are pretty bad, the last fractal was probably one of the worst fractals in the game and they don't have any real repeatable content like HoT metas. After all these years HoT maps are still packed with players and you have to go early to be able to join a meta events. So How about the new maps? They are completely empty. Nobody cares about them.

Even the ls updates which came before PoF release are miles better than the ones we get today. The only thing they are getting better and better is the story. Other than that they are doing nothing for the players' complains. Not just pve but wvw is in a pretty bad shape too. And what did they do about that? Uuu they released a new mount! It's like whenever someone complains about the game in the forums or reddit, they are answering with a new mount like giving a candy to a crying kid who got hurt bad. It's really sad...
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Looks great but it's a fairly poor video. Probably doesn't do it justice.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532

Nepheth said:

Nyctelios said:

Nepheth said:

Well, back in the day the living stories had more content and you guys said didn't want that. Majority "voted" for content being dump by expansions instead of living story episodic nature.

Now we have this.

Game started to die since that decision, as I said it would. Living Story back then would take a quite amount of time to finish and was a fresh take with new instanced levels, monsters, story and so on... Now?...

New mounts, yuhuull!

Well it worked great for HoT. It's not about the expansion vs living world but it's about the said expansion and what they delivered with it.

PoF is an empty shell compered to HoT with meaningless maps without quality repeatable contents and following that with the low quality living story updates. They released 2 new amazing fractals and couple of mounts after PoF release. And that's all. The new maps are pretty bad, the last fractal was probably one of the worst fractals in the game and they don't have any real repeatable content like HoT metas. After all these years HoT maps are still packed with players and you have to go early to be able to join a meta events. So How about the new maps? They are completely empty. Nobody cares about them.

Even the ls updates which came before PoF release are miles better than the ones we get today. The only thing they are getting better and better is the story. Other than that they are doing nothing for the players' complains. Not just pve but wvw is in a pretty bad shape too. And what did they do about that? Uuu they released a new mount! It's like whenever someone complains about the game in the forums or reddit, they are answering with a new mount like giving a candy to a crying kid who got hurt bad. It's really sad...

You have got to be talking about Dragon Stand at Prime Time, as the metas in VB, TD, and AB, seldom have enough people to complete them, reminisce of the old Temple Openings, where unless it was prime time, or a max pop server, they failed.

Dr_Binks[Deleted User]
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    i need to catch up on the story was waiting for the final chapter to play the 2 last live stories
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    A lot of the new content/ things to go for when new living story episodes are released are buried in the achievements panel. Saying that the game has no content when theres clearly lots of stuff to unlock and achieve is technically incorrect. A more proper response would be; "there is no new content I enjoy doing right now."

This isn't including all the other achievements (pvp and WvW), current events, raids, etc that also come out with there own set of things to do.

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    Lol i have locked progression on HoT because i didnt play when everyone else did. Now the maps are dead most of the time. And i cant complete most new content because i dont have legendary everything sigh

edited April 2019
    Malathoos said:
    Lol i have locked progression on HoT because i didnt play when everyone else did. Now the maps are dead most of the time. And i cant complete most new content because i dont have legendary everything sigh
    Are you certain because the HoT maps are often the most populated maps in the game since the meta event chains offer some of the best and most consistent rewards?

I mean, I recently played through it all with a new character and it was just rammed full of massive zergs.
    Folmen
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Malathoos said:
    Are you certain because the HoT maps are often the most populated maps in the game since the meta event chains offer some of the best and most consistent rewards?

I mean, I recently played through it all with a new character and it was just rammed full of massive zergs.
    The trick is to pop open the LFG window and find an instance that's actually doing it.  I imagine a lot of players aren't familiar with that, since the game doesn't really tell you about it and the LFG window is hidden away and obscured behind the friends list, iirc.
    Ungood
    Malathoos said:

Last time I played, outside Dragon Stand, there were at best, some HP trains going on, and even then, typically only during prime time, but I would hardly call that "rammed full of massive zergs", as outside the direct HP path, the maps were mainly dead.

I dunno, maybe the HoT maps took a massive uptick in population in the last year.. but since they didn't release anything that would bring anyone back to any of the HoT maps, I highly doubt that.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    edited April 2019

Ungood said:

Malathoos said:

Last time I played, outside Dragon Stand, there were at best, some HP trains going on, and even then, typically only during prime time, but I would hardly call that "rammed full of massive zergs", as outside the direct HP path, the maps were mainly dead.

I dunno, maybe the HoT maps took a massive uptick in population in the last year.. but since they didn't release anything that would bring anyone back to any of the HoT maps, I highly doubt that.

This applies to all maps and even more to HoT,the only time you might have a problem finding a populated meta map is weekdays very early in the morning.The issue is to know how to utilise the LFG tool to get in one of the populated meta focused maps and not just stay in the map the system put you in.Usually at prime time there are at least 2 full map instances and 1 fairly populated,of each zone,all doing the HoT metas.Outside of the meta events there's always map opening and HP trains running.
    Now,if you don't use the LFG tool to join a meta map chances are you will play in a non meta low pop map most of the time.Map chasing/hopping is a thing in GW2 and the game does little to nothing to make the players aware of that.
  • gago889gago889 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I don't know anything about GW2. However your guy comment make me think that GW2 is dying
  • RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206
    About the mount,it's great but I'm running out of key binds and the current UI that allows only for manual selection of a single mount each time is just not enough.I expect we will see a fair amount of new unique mounts in the future and the UI is in urgent need of an overhaul.
    Maybe they should consider a circular mount bar selector or a system with customisable circular action bars not unlike WoW's o-pie.Who knows.Maybe one day we might even be able to use consumables without having to interact with our inventory.It's along shot butt......
    Warlyx
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    edited April 2019

Rockard said:

About the mount,it's great but I'm running out of key binds and the current UI that allows only for manual selection of a single mount each time is just not enough.I expect we will see a fair amount of new unique mounts in the future and the UI is in urgent need of an overhaul.

Maybe they should consider a circular mount bar selector or a system with customisable circular action bars not unlike WoW's o-pie.Who knows.Maybe one day we might even be able to use consumables without having to interact with our inventory.It's along shot butt......

that would be awesome
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Malathoos said:
    HoT maps empty?
    Legendary gear required?

The only way your post makes sense is if you are wearing full berserker gear and then you are surprised that monsters simply kill you.

Who needs defense stats right?
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Malathoos said:
    HoT maps empty?
    Legendary gear required?

The only way your post makes sense is if you are wearing full berserker gear and then you are surprised that monsters simply kill you.

Well since GW2 was never really designed with the ability to actually tank and most defensive/survival stats do not scale well in comparison to combat/offensive stats, especially in Instance Content, yah, Zerk, Vipers or Marauders are Meta. 

Kill it Quickly as Possible has pretty much always been meta.. so.. yah.. screw defensive stats.. MORE DPS.

[Deleted User]

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm really looking forward to this mount. Rises straight up like a helicopter, can climb, and breaths fire. Great and can't wait.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited April 2019
    Ungood said:
    Dakeru said:
    Malathoos said:
    HoT maps empty?
    Legendary gear required?

Well since GW2 was never really designed with the ability to actually tank and most defensive/survival stats do not scale well in comparison to combat/offensive stats, especially in Instance Content, yah, Zerk, Vipers or Marauders are Meta. 

Kill it Quickly as Possible has pretty much always been meta.. so.. yah.. screw defensive stats.. MORE DPS.

I was able to solo Kodan's Bane in Honor of Waves with a Cleric's set on my Necro. 

DPS might be 'Meta' but that doesn't mean it's the best, just the fastest. I keep a good healing and defence set around for those super hard bosses. Sometimes I just like to see if I can solo things..
    Dakeru