Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA's Skywatch: New Heights Update Shakes Up the Game in Big Ways - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageTERA's Skywatch: New Heights Update Shakes Up the Game in Big Ways - MMORPG.com

With the arrival of today's TERA update, Skywatch: New Heights, players will be able to experience a ton of new content as well as rise to a new level cap of 70. Players will find a number of heavily reworked systems in the game that change how players access dungeons. Additionally, the new Skill Advancement and Gear Fusion features have been added to provide players with more customization options than ever before.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AoriAori Member EpicPosts: 4,160
    Sounds like an interesting update in all honesty. I love leveling in this game, I just find it relaxing and fun. Not a fan of the endgame but the leveling experience has always been fairly enjoyable and somewhat varied.

Sounds like a good time to have my partner try it and just run through the main quests up to max level.
    ScorchienitchmonNycteliosinfomatzceh430Klikae
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member UncommonPosts: 298
    edited April 9
    For previous expansions if you've been logged out for 30 or more days and come back, the game gives you a complete set of gear so you are caught up. Does anyone know if its true for this update?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 6,489
    Way too reliant on instance running for endgame. You go from one set of instances to the next to the next to the next. Need more balance with open world activities.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 470
    I tried to play it but the memory leak was impossible to deal with. Sound stutter into massive frame drops meant I had to uninstall. TERA really is fun, combat-wise. Everything else isn't so great but the combat really does save it for a time.
    nfacatrius
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,182
    That chick in the screenshot got a killer deal on those pants - 50% off
    Scot
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,437
    Aori said:
    Sounds like an interesting update in all honesty. I love leveling in this game, I just find it relaxing and fun. Not a fan of the endgame but the leveling experience has always been fairly enjoyable and somewhat varied.

Sounds like a good time to have my partner try it and just run through the main quests up to max level.
    Yeah, it's weird how mind numbing yet fun the leveling is. The pacing is on point. I also love their take on unique pvp wonky modes like the big mama. I had an amazing time while was leveling, but once I got cap, meh.
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

"There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,267
    I loved Tera, but the game is just boring now. The PVE is just repetitive and easy in endgame, and the PVP is all about animation cancelling which makes it boring.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member UncommonPosts: 133

DMKano said:

Thank you for existing. *Thumbs up*

• nomurahnomurah Member UncommonPosts: 15

DMKano said:

All I can think about when I see MMO characters with weird 1 pant leg pants is that controversy with the female engineers in firefall
  • DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,182

nomurah said:

DMKano said:

All I can think about when I see MMO characters with weird 1 pant leg pants is that controversy with the female engineers in firefall

I remember this - imo - devs put this in because they want to see girls do cosplay with bare butts.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,755
    For a second I thought that said: TERRA's Skirtwatch, New Heights, I don't know why. :)
    ManWithNoTan

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• MythlaMythla Member UncommonPosts: 17

Albatroes said:

Way too reliant on instance running for endgame. You go from one set of instances to the next to the next to the next. Need more balance with open world activities.

Isn't that precisely what the Field BAMs mentioned above are for?
    Tokken