Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Devs on 'Dungeoneering' & Its Unique Take on Dungeon Runs - MMORPG.com

Comments

• reizogamesreizogames Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited April 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:
    They claim the Western version will be different from Lazy Peons game play. Just have to wait and see first.

Different to what extent? Like 1% different and 99% the same?

Not to sound extremely negative but - other than  a full redo from scratch, no amount of changes can save this game.
    I'm sorry but just because you didn't like the game doesn't mean everyone won't.  There is a good chunk of us on discord waiting for the game with more joining daily.  We should be happy about more MMO options being available instead of being constantly negative like you seem to be haha

Did I say everyone?

I am saying that the game will have minimal traction and will be facing shutdown within a year.

Of course there will.be some that will like it- hell there are still people playing Bless and lots of other garbage games.

But let's get real - this game will be a dud financially 

Well if that's the case then why not stop going around on every Astellia article calling it "subpar in every aspect" and that "nothing can save this game"? We should be happy that we are getting more options for MMO's. If you didn't like it that's perfectly fine...but you don't see me going to every MMO I dislike saying it's horrible, subpar, avoid it, not worth time,etc... I'm just saying if the game doesn't suit your tastes you don't have to go to every article to be negative.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:
    They claim the Western version will be different from Lazy Peons game play. Just have to wait and see first.

Not to sound extremely negative but - other than  a full redo from scratch, no amount of changes can save this game.
    I'm sorry but just because you didn't like the game doesn't mean everyone won't.  There is a good chunk of us on discord waiting for the game with more joining daily.  We should be happy about more MMO options being available instead of being constantly negative like you seem to be haha

Did I say everyone?

I am saying that the game will have minimal traction and will be facing shutdown within a year.

Of course there will.be some that will like it- hell there are still people playing Bless and lots of other garbage games.

Well if that's the case then why not stop going around on every Astellia article calling it "subpar in every aspect" and that "nothing can save this game"? We should be happy that we are getting more options for MMO's. If you didn't like it that's perfectly fine...but you don't see me going to every MMO I dislike saying it's horrible, subpar, avoid it, not worth time,etc... I'm just saying if the game doesn't suit your tastes you don't have to go to every article to be negative.
    Since Trions fateful demise , some people here have become , bitter towards the industry as a whole , and enjoys peeing in every one elses cereal
    reizogamesChildoftheShadowsMikehaTacticalZombehtruewarlord
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Even if they're shutting down Kritika Online, I still had fun playing it before that.  Same with Hyper Universe.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

I don't know about this game, but I just wish they would also release some of the newer mmorpgs. Most of the time it's an old mmorpg releasing to the west in a B2P model so they're sure they'll get some money incase it flops in the west aswell.
    reizogames

• reizogamesreizogames Member UncommonPosts: 7

Bloodaxes said:

DMKano said:

DMKano said:

Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

I don't know about this game, but I just wish they would also release some of the newer mmorpgs. Most of the time it's an old mmorpg releasing to the west in a B2P model so they're sure they'll get some money incase it flops in the west aswell.

Yeah I can definitely see that in the case for a few mmorpgs like Bless, Blade & Soul, etc... However Astellia just released at the end of last year around the same time as Lost Ark. I do wish we got some of the newer mmorpgs closer to the time they released in KR, but I think this one is releasing pretty close to the KR version. At this point I'm just happy to get any new mmo's here. I got burned by Bless as well with how the company handled it. But I payed $20 to get a good 150+ hours out of it and enjoyed myself. There were just too many issues and not enough changes/fixes to keep the game going. Even if Astellia has a short run here I'll still make sure to get my enjoyment out of it :)
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited April 2019
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

That's DMKano's raison d'etre. Like his long-winded kindred spirit, Wizardry, he shows up on countless threads, for games he supposedly don't like or care about, just to tell everyone else how horrible they are and how badly they'll fail.

Why would they do that? That's a great question. To "hear themselves talk" maybe?

As for the game itself... I'm open to trying any game and giving it a chance, regardless of what others or even "the majority" might think or predict.  I'll likely give this a spin as well.

One thing that irks me about MMORPGs made with UE3 - especially Korean titles - is that they typically *look* like UE3 engine games, and have a very similar art-style. I could look at video or screenshots for Astellia and mistake it for TERA, for example. I love the UE3, but I do get tired of feeling like I'm looking at the same game.

reizogames
    edited April 2019
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

Since Trions fateful demise , some people here have become , bitter towards the industry as a whole , and enjoys peeing in every one elses cereal

IMO I am just watching the mmo industry swirling in the toilet bowl and calling it like I see it.

Trion is dead and gone and was a spec of dust in the great scheme of things, a non-factor.

Look at the rest of the industry- just look at the layoffs, shut downs and downturn in general.

It would take an exceptionally great MMO to survive in this market - and Astelia is far removed from that.

Call it bitterness or whatever you like, it's one persons opinion - disagree with me all you like

The industry got bloated , it is now trimming its own fat , Bad Games and Devs that used questionable and invasive monetary systems are being purged , the good Games and Devs are doing fine .. and will continue to .. (as a matter a fact ESO,FF14 and WOW have shown increseased players)Thew industry could not support the explosion that followed Wows success for long before caving in on itself , compounded by a non Trade Agreement with china.. Has effected the industry as a whole ..

Good Devs and games will be fine , we needed to trim the fat in the genre anyway it was full of terrible games and Devs ... Good Riddance
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

IMO I am just watching the mmo industry swirling in the toilet bowl and calling it like I see it.

Trion is dead and gone and was a spec of dust in the great scheme of things, a non-factor.

Look at the rest of the industry- just look at the layoffs, shut downs and downturn in general.

It would take an exceptionally great MMO to survive in this market - and Astelia is far removed from that.

Call it bitterness or whatever you like, it's one persons opinion - disagree with me all you like

The industry got bloated , it is now trimming its own fat , Bad Games and Devs that used questionable and invasive monetary systems are being purged , the good Games and Devs are doing fine .. and will continue to .. (as a matter a fact ESO,FF14 and WOW have shown increseased players)Thew industry could not support the explosion that followed Wows success for long before caving in on itself , compounded by a non Trade Agreement with china.. Has effected the industry as a whole ..

Good Devs and games will be fine , we needed to trim the fat in the genre anyway it was full of terrible games and Devs ... Good Riddance

I don't share your enthusiasm - nobody is doing "fine" ESO certainly isnt, their sales are down and they are hoping their next project infuses some life into ZoS

FF14 has been bleeding players, as has WoW 

I guess maybe this is fine to you - certainly not fine to the game companies. 

You didn't mention one game that is actually doing fine - 
    BDO i- due to them fleecing the players in the cash shop. 

I guess that didnt fit into your good devs/good games list so you didnt mention it

Of course you dont , your enthusiasm was folded up like a lawn chair when Trion was purged , you White Knighted them for years , and told us nothing was wrong when many of us complained and said there was .. Since you have been bitter an attack nearly every single game news that comes down the pike ..

The industry will be fine , and trust me i literally have millions still invested in it .. i have not blinked , and only have seen gains recently in EA , FCMKF ,SE ..

The Industry is like i said trimming its own fat and settling comfortably back into its own roots, it will be fine , Its actually i good oppurtunity to make money..

to bad Trion was part of the fat trimming , but they deserved it
    truewarlord
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    edited April 2019
    No open world PvP, tab target combat(Maybe IdK if they are going to change it) It might bomb it might not, or it might just be sub par and have a trickle fan base. Whatever still going to give it a shot when it comes out. Wont know if you like something until you give it a try. Between the big dogs and your toxic PvP mmo's there is not a whole lot out there so I am sure hoping something will land and stick.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    Bless Online deja vu with some of these comments....I'm so happy Neowiz proved me wrong... For the last time, these asian developers do not know how to tool UE3 to properly develop a mmorpg. Will it look 'pretty'? Sure. But it'll be optimized like garbage with an actual amount of people playing. If its 'running great for you' chances are there's not that many people playing. That's why Bless Online's optimization got 'better' over time, because less and less people were playing.
  • NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,068
    I like how the dev team takes a Dungeon loot/ranking system that has been around and still very much present in Korean ActionMMO's's for the better part of a decade, gives it a name "Dungeoneering", and advertising it like it's some fresh new experience.

Are these people just out-of-touch with reality or something? A unique-twist? what? How is something that's been a common system in Korean mmorpg's unique?
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • Grimz_DragonGrimz_Dragon Member UncommonPosts: 5
    We should not even have Dungeon tickets in an mmo.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019
    i'm not willing to waste my money on westernized asian mmorpgs that will shut down any day. Instead of trying to cater to the west and fail, just add english subtitles/menus to the korean version and let everyone in.

I want to play a good asian mmorpg with traditional controls but everything that comes to the west is dead on arrival.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited April 2019
    Gender locked loli pantsu Korean MMORPGs using Unreal Engine aren't westernized... they're cash-grabized.

A Western developer just needs to lock Jake Song and his core team in a room use all their good work and attention to detail and smack Jake upside the head whenever he starts grumbling about  P2W/RNG mechanics.
    [Deleted User]Cyber_wasteland
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I just found an abandoned door to a basement. I went down and there where you guys sitting, alone, discussing a Korean mmorpg. Cute.

When in doubt, troll.

• Rain_DeathravenRain_Deathraven Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Korean game is like a MEME these days
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    1 - Start going to every new MMO article and say how bad that new MMO is, and how it's going to fail hard "soon".
    2 - Wait.
    3 - After some time, search for the ones that indeed failed, go back there and type "told you so".

If this behavior reminds you someone, you're not alone.

It's just too easy to be negative nowadays, the industry is in chaos and players are demanding more than ever. Being pessimist about everything is just the "logical" thing to do. Don't mean it's cool tho.

I will check this game when it comes out, not expecting it to be great, but who knows? Gender lock sure sounds really bad to me.
    MikehaCyber_wastelandreizogames
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Character customization is quite extensive. 

• jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited April 2019
    All the nasty kids here commenting on games they've never played before. Just go back to playing your "battle royale" genre games meant for poor people and leave mmorpg to rich adults
    ManWithNoTan
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited April 2019
    jtckline3 said:
    All the nasty kids here commenting on games they've never played before. Just go back to playing your "battle royale" genre games meant for poor people and leave mmorpg to rich adults
    yeah these nasty kids who have a diferent opnions then me shouldn't even be alive, right?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • jtckline3jtckline3 Member UncommonPosts: 60
    edited April 2019
    jtckline3 said:
    yeah these nasty kids who have a diferent opnions then me shouldn't even be alive, right?
    Nah. Millennials/Xennials always got something nasty to say about everything except themselves. They are as passionate about "games" as their "jobs"

What gets me is, the game is not even out yet and already so negative. Jeesuz. 
    All these "Superhero complex" (ie; As a keyboard warrior of justice, i must give my 2 cents to "save" people from playing the wrong game) and "Only games im invested in are good, the rest are all crap even if they are NOT LAUNCH yet"

Are you kidding me??

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    jtckline3 said:
    Considering the billions these companies are siphoning out of those Battle Royale gamers, it's hard to imagine how you'd consider mmorpg players as richer. Unless they are playing BDO. On mobile.

Then again, you don't need to be rich to have a gambling addiction or to siphon money into a destructive habit.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The look of the game here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC9gqMmbBE  doesn't look sooo bad when compared to Bless here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF_OwVF6r9o

Wouldn't mind trying it if it's added to Steam in the $29-$39 price range. I don't expect to be blown away but if there is at least one interesting male class who knows maybe it could be fun for a while.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    As far as I'm concerned, if a game does not have a subscription option, it's a no go for me.
  • mbrodiembrodie Member RarePosts: 1,504
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    Scorchien said:
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Did I say everyone?

I don't share your enthusiasm - nobody is doing "fine" ESO certainly isnt, their sales are down and they are hoping their next project infuses some life into ZoS

FF14 has been bleeding players, as has WoW 

I guess maybe this is fine to you - certainly not fine to the game companies. 

You didn't mention one game that is actually doing fine - 
    BDO i- due to them fleecing the players in the cash shop. 

I guess that didnt fit into your good devs/good games list so you didnt mention it

i'd kind of like to know where you got your information about ESO from, considering they have server queues enabled atm and are in the process of adding more data center hardware to keep up with the demand of players they have been seeing

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11?utm_content=The Elder Scrolls Online&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=Community&sf101153782=1&fbclid=IwAR0eXydskkr2H8M84PT27ddl__BF9XlaaDAwllU-99iwRxEhNzfwPoxA5gM

looks like ESO is actually doing pretty good for itself to be honest.