Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Devs on 'Dungeoneering' & Its Unique Take on Dungeon Runs - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAstellia Devs on 'Dungeoneering' & Its Unique Take on Dungeon Runs - MMORPG.com

When Astellia launches, it will come with a system called "dungeoneering", a unique twist on the typical MMO dungeon run. During dungeoneering experiences, players will be able to view loot tables before entering and each player will earn even more rewards based on individual / group performance. Finally, the dungeon will "score" performance. We checked in with the Astellia team to learn more about these unique mechanics. See what they had to say.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on
Mikeha

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    You dont need to listen to the commentary, just look at how the game performs.....save your money and let this garbage go f2p like it was originally going to before seeing how desperate people are in the western market thanks to bless:
    seshsesLrdEtriusSignexalkarionlogSlyLoKRain_DeathravenkitaradManWithNoTan
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Albatroes said:

You dont need to listen to the commentary, just look at how the game performs.....save your money and let this garbage go f2p like it was originally going to before seeing how desperate people are in the western market thanks to bless:

I watched that yesterday. I can forgive the performance and stuff... that can always be improved.. but the amount of lolly in the game has put me right off it.
    alkarionlog[Deleted User]Cyber_wastelandwingoodManWithNoTan
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I guess this will flop harder than Bless... lol
    [Deleted User]
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    They claim the Western version will be different from Lazy Peons game play. Just have to wait and see first.
    ManWithNoTan
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 285
    Can't comment on the game, but I do like the idea of trying to mix things up when it comes to dungeon runs.
    Roinwingood
  • reizogamesreizogames Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited April 2019

Albatroes said:

I played the KR version for many months. The optimization was extremely smooth for me except in a few highly populated areas (the pvp map avalon and the central town) where you would experience some FPS drops. I honestly have absolutely no idea what on earth he did to his game in order to get it to run that horrible. I get that the game content/style may not be for everyone but please don't base the optimization of the game off his video as that is absolutely not what 99% of us experience on the discord that play the KR version.
    SBFordSignexMikehakitaradPuReDusT
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Hariken said:

They claim the Western version will be different from Lazy Peons game play. Just have to wait and see first.

Bless claim the same thing also. They didn't even make any effort to change it.
    Signexwingood
    edited April 2019
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Different to what extent? Like 1% different and 99% the same?

Not to sound extremely negative but - other than  a full redo from scratch, no amount of changes can save this game.
    I'm sorry but just because you didn't like the game doesn't mean everyone won't.  There is a good chunk of us on discord waiting for the game with more joining daily.  We should be happy about more MMO options being available instead of being constantly negative like you seem to be haha
    SignexBillMurphyRoinMikehasarah116digitalellisCyber_wasteland[Deleted User]Cazriel
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    DMKano said:
    Hariken said:

Different to what extent? Like 1% different and 99% the same?

Not to sound extremely negative but - other than  a full redo from scratch, no amount of changes can save this game.
    Good point.  As someone else mentioned: didn't we hear the same spiel about Bless?

That game wasn't good.  I don't expect more out of this title.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680

Albatroes said:

I played the KR version for many months. The optimization was extremely smooth for me except in a few highly populated areas (the pvp map avalon and the central town) where you would experience some FPS drops. I honestly have absolutely no idea what on earth he did to his game in order to get it to run that horrible. I get that the game content/style may not be for everyone but please don't base the optimization of the game off his video as that is absolutely not what 99% of us experience on the discord that play the KR version.
    I'M glad you mentioned this. Because I sometimes wonder since he plays a lot of MMOs' that are not even western ready and if it also could be he's streaming these types of games and his PC is under some kind of strain because of location. Isn't he basically playing a hacked game? Your not the first person to say this about his streams of these games. 
    edited April 2019
    Hariken said:
    I'M glad you mentioned this. Because I sometimes wonder since he plays a lot of MMOs' that are not even western ready and if it also could be he's streaming these types of games and his PC is under some kind of strain because of location. Isn't he basically playing a hacked game? Your not the first person to say this about his streams of these games. 
    I don't know about the other games he's streamed or made videos of but this is one I actually did play the KR version of.  I specifically played the KR version after getting burned by Bless to make sure I even wanted to play this when it came to NA.  I personally enjoy the game, I like the dungeons and the astel system the game offers.  Is it something ground breaking? No.  But it definitely provides content I enjoyed and a system I found fun.  It was enjoyable having astels to switch around and use on a team (especially since I main healer).  Some will say the game is subpar/underwhelming while you have people like me who enjoy it.  Personally I'm happy there will be another MMO option to choose from since there haven't been many and I'm pretty burned out on the popular ones.  So a new MMO releasing here is always welcome in my opinion. I just say wait and test it out for yourself.  I have more hope for Astellia than I ever did for Bless since this one isn't making grand claims of fully changing the combat, etc...  This one is working on core systems and changes to suit an NA audience more.  Maybe I'm just optimistic but I enjoyed the game and it reassures me seeing Wes (the producer behind NA version) chatting in discord.
    MikehadigitalellisSailorMomValdheimCazriel
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Been a while sinds i played it, i don't recall the performance being that bad.
    reizogames
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    just remember bless guys, don't buy it, wait for the f2p and then you can play a month or 2 then quit
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited April 2019
    just remember bless guys, don't buy it, wait for the f2p and then you can play a month or 2 then quit
    I actually enjoyed Bless. This game runs better but is not a better game imo. The dungeons in Bless are really well done. Not this title sadly. Just my opinion though. I’m sure some will like it for what it is. Yet I still feel the title will struggle in the West. 
    bless was not much bad true, problem was the lack of customization, and he lags like hell on castra, plus the whole change stances to change 3 skills is kinda annoying as hell, and that was froma  warrior on gw2, I used to play till they burned it too...

but on bless I did waited till it was f2p for me to take a sip, you bless to me was like revelation, was not bad per see, but the moment you don't log you don't miss playing the game then you kinda feel like meh, even blade and soul make me jump back IF for some reason I miss a day, even though i'm almost quitting, since i'm doing only daily challenges there

so what I said about waiting for become f2p and to play is a wise choice, even more when we know this game is f2p, teh b2p "feature" now is just to grab some cash from a game we know will not bring much
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.

I actually enjoyed Bless. This game runs better but is not a better game imo. The dungeons in Bless are really well done. Not this title sadly. Just my opinion though. I’m sure some will like it for what it is. Yet I still feel the title will struggle in the West. 

I personally would have enjoyed Bless much more if it kept it's original combat. I definitely agree that Bless has better dungeons and I'm hoping they will take our feedback and make the legendary dungeons in Astellia more difficult. They did state they are holding back on releasing legendary dungeons as they were too easy so here's to hoping that we might see some more challenge/fun from them when they do get released :) As far as it struggling in the west...I hope not as I'd like to see it do well but only time will tell *crossing fingers*
    Warlyx
  • Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    If I try - yes.
    If I buy it? - I do not know?!

I saw a lot promos, videos and so. I want to try it but do not want hype myself. Only what I really do not like to see is gender lock classes and 3 small lolis running around me, but who know, maybe I will like it later.

/offtopic
    I saw many hype about Bless and see also how it ends, but issue of Bless as same goes for BaS it comes so late to EU/US Market.

Its like seeing now hype about Lost Ark, everyone proclaim how cool this game is and so, but EU/US (no RU) is not visible in near time horizon. I think Lost Ark on graphical side looks nice but gameplay looks for me near to some mobile games... not so action, static, and so far from D2 feeling
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I will try it when it comes out. Like @reizogames I also welcome new mmos. 
    reizogames
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I first heard the term "lolli" from an MMOHUT review several years ago. It's perfect.

Anyway I don't like "lolli's", I can't stand flashy shit all the time (LESS IS MORE), this chinese stuff just isn't for me. However what caught my attention reading this was right at the very beginning "Players will be able to pick their loot". Now I don't care to what extent a player can choose, be it a type (weapon, craft, adventure) of reward or even if it's the value of the reward they can pick I think this is absolutely retarded. I want a living, breathing world where we need to discover NOT some horse shit player gets to choose their loot. AOC even introduced the ability to choose the difficulty of a dungeon FFS.

HELL WITH ALL THAT. Give me something organic or burn.
    edited April 2019

I first heard the term "lolli" from an MMOHUT review several years ago. It's perfect.

Anyway I don't like "lolli's", I can't stand flashy shit all the time (LESS IS MORE), this chinese stuff just isn't for me. However what caught my attention reading this was right at the very beginning "Players will be able to pick their loot". Now I don't care to what extent a player can choose, be it a type (weapon, craft, adventure) of reward or even if it's the value of the reward they can pick I think this is absolutely retarded. I want a living, breathing world where we need to discover NOT some horse shit player gets to choose their loot. AOC even introduced the ability to choose the difficulty of a dungeon FFS.

This part is actually a bit misleading in how it's worded. You don't get to pick your loot in any shape or form. It means that you can pick a dungeon based on the loot pool shown for that dungeon. Each dungeon will have it's loot table under the dungeon info so you know if that dungeon drops items that you want to farm. So no picking that you want X weapon/item and you get that item at the end of the dungeon or anything like that :)

PS - I sent in a message in hopes for them to change that because it makes it sound like you get to pick the loot you get from clearing a dungeon which isn't correct. The correct information is

"Astellia has one other unique point, each dungeon has a visible loot table, what we mean is before entering the dungeon you can decide if it has items you are interested in, or Astels you wish to unlock etc."

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193

This part is actually a bit misleading in how it's worded. You don't get to pick your loot in any shape or form. It means that you can pick a dungeon based on the loot pool shown for that dungeon. Each dungeon will have it's loot table under the dungeon info so you know if that dungeon drops items that you want to farm. So no picking that you want X weapon/item and you get that item at the end of the dungeon or anything like that :)

PS - I sent in a message in hopes for them to change that because it makes it sound like you get to pick the loot you get from clearing a dungeon which isn't correct. The correct information is

"Astellia has one other unique point, each dungeon has a visible loot table, what we mean is before entering the dungeon you can decide if it has items you are interested in, or Astels you wish to unlock etc."

Fair enough, though it still removes the explore and discover aspect.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    edited April 2019

Albatroes said:

Well, he was playing the Korean version on a vpn right? Doesn't that contribute to lag?

That was my first thought when I watched that. Still, not a bad first impressions video. I'm not interested in the game but I'm sure there will be an audience.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Every game is different. Just because you don't like game A doesn't mean that you'll also dislike game B that isn't particularly similar to game A.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I can't wait for Astellia Unleashed to be announced soon after this fails....
    doomexGroqstrong