Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenaNet Teases Guild Wars 2: Living World Season 4 - War Eternal - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageArenaNet Teases Guild Wars 2: Living World Season 4 - War Eternal - MMORPG.com

During last weekend's EGX Rezzed, ArenaNet put out a brief video to tease Living World Season 4 - War Eternal. This will be the sixth and final chapter of Living World Season 4. At one point in the very short teaser video, viewers can see at least two dragons soaring in the air. Devs didn't mention any release date, but it's a fun forward look at what's to come in Guild Wars 2 in the near future.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2019
    Right, if those are a mount then we're back in business. Probably just a story sequence tho...

It's not two dragons though. The closest one at the end is a flying Warclaw, the WvW mount. Or something that looks a lot like a Warclaw with wings anyway.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Right, if those are a mount then we're back in business. Probably just a story sequence tho...
    There is some speculation that it is a replacement story mount for those that lack a griffon. But that is only community speculation. What this draconic thing is, what it does, and what its implications on the story are could be interesting.

Aeander said:

There is some speculation that it is a replacement story mount for those that lack a griffon. But that is only community speculation. What this draconic thing is, what it does, and what its implications on the story are could be interesting.

I'm pretty sure it's Kralkatorrik

Aeander said:

I'm pretty sure it's Kralkatorrik
    Not Kralkatorrik. The smaller dragon. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Wow I'm way behind on the story. I gave up at Season 4 Ep 3 with the whole "Clear the path to the moon fortress" BS. GW2 has always had some fucky mechanics at times they like to call fun and I have dealt with it for years, but I think this topped my frustration level on the day I tried it and I never went back.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    "Living world: War Eternal" heh more like "Dying Game: Foreclosure Unending"
    PuReDusTvelimiriusFolmen
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116

mallettjt said:

I don't know, I started playing a few weeks ago and the early zones are busy with other players. A lot seem to be new like me or returning. I wouldn't underestimate how the WoW community's disenchantment with BfA is benefiting other games or maybe it is due to not much fresh blood in the genre and lulls in other game's content before upcoming expansions.

I may well be done with GW2 in weeks or months but right now I'm enjoying it. It isn't a terrible game at all and maybe the genre is just getting old enough now that we are seeing all the limitations of mmo's. No studio can deliver fresh engaging content on a regular basis for it's endgame that will make everyone happy. I think it is a good thing if the studios making the better games in the genre can stay afloat. I had fun with FFXIV, or WoW, or Black Desert. I got bored or disillusioned by all of them eventually but don't resent them. I hope they stick around so that people get the same amount of enjoyment from them I did.

Folmen
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    a true gamer never gets board..we just take a very short break....board nahhh
    eso FF14 wow gw2 bdo ...apex legends... i love them alll and i play them alll.
    gammer 4 life
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited April 2019

Aenghas said:

mallettjt said:

I don't know, I started playing a few weeks ago and the early zones are busy with other players. A lot seem to be new like me or returning. I wouldn't underestimate how the WoW community's disenchantment with BfA is benefiting other games or maybe it is due to not much fresh blood in the genre and lulls in other game's content before upcoming expansions.

I may well be done with GW2 in weeks or months but right now I'm enjoying it. It isn't a terrible game at all and maybe the genre is just getting old enough now that we are seeing all the limitations of mmo's. No studio can deliver fresh engaging content on a regular basis for it's endgame that will make everyone happy. I think it is a good thing if the studios making the better games in the genre can stay afloat. I had fun with FFXIV, or WoW, or Black Desert. I got bored or disillusioned by all of them eventually but don't resent them. I hope they stick around so that people get the same amount of enjoyment from them I did.

Never said it was a bad game. I got 20000 hours invested in it, and have my hero's ring from preorder. I just think it's gone in a bad direction since HoT, path of fire was a high point, but then it dipped lower than HoT. They've made legendaries more of a grind with each xpac (Minus legendary armor) living world content feels like its only worth doing once per account. Then they announce they are just doing living world over xpacs. Sorry I can't stand that. I love the game, and still find the core gameplay fun. But if the goals im working towards aren't satisfying I can't keep playing it as an mmo.
  • AenghasAenghas Member UncommonPosts: 116
    @mallettjt I understand. I was more addressing the general negativity towards the game in the comments lately. Rather than analyse things I should just say the game doesn't seem dead, I hope it isn't dying and I don't hope it dies any time soon. However awful the end game loop may be the leveling experience is fun.
  • UnbinoUnbino Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Fun to read in every gw2 article how Hot was a fail and pof an exit, when even now days you have to go 15 min early to a Hot meta event if you want to enter in a good map due to the amount of players. And by the other hand pof maps have not much to do, Just bounties and the meta event at Istan.
    People can say anything, but the meta events system in Hot was an exit. Almost 4 years later Hot maps have a lot of players there every Day.
    NephethFolmen
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Unbino said:
    Fun to read in every gw2 article how Hot was a fail and pof an exit,
    There were masses of bored mmo players hearing "expansion" so they came to HoT but were utterly frustrated by navigating through the jungle without having unlocked masteries.

The actual GW2 players just earned those and carried on.

Personally I feel Dragon's Stand is one of the best maps in the whole game.
    UnbinoFolmen
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Unbino said:
    Fun to read in every gw2 article how Hot was a fail and pof an exit,
    There were masses of bored mmo players hearing "expansion" so they came to HoT but were utterly frustrated by navigating through the jungle without having unlocked masteries.

The actual GW2 players just earned those and carried on.

Personally I feel Dragon's Stand is one of the best maps in the whole game.
    Dragon's Stand was an awesome novelty for a few playthroughs, but I've grown to loathe it through sheer overexposure. To have so many playthroughs tied to so many skins and legendaries has made it a chore. 

It's not two dragons though. The closest one at the end is a flying Warclaw, the WvW mount. Or something that looks a lot like a Warclaw with wings anyway.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

It is in fact a new mount. And a dragon.
    TheDarkrayne
    Aeander said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2019-04-09-guild-wars-2-reveals-a-second-flying-mount-a-dragon-the-skyscale

It is in fact a new mount. And a dragon.
    Very excited to get my hands on it
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Aeander said:
    So, the dragon mount is basically a flying mount, unlike the griffon which is more like a glider.  They described it as a VTOL, which makes it immediately more interesting than the griffons.

I'm sure it will have some similar limitation that prevents it from long-term flight, to prevent the griffon fading into oblivion, though.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Lokero said:
    Aeander said:
    So, the dragon mount is basically a flying mount, unlike the griffon which is more like a glider.  They described it as a VTOL, which makes it immediately more interesting than the griffons.

I'm sure it will have some similar limitation that prevents it from long-term flight, to prevent the griffon fading into oblivion, though.
    Why would they do that? I mean really, Mounts are the perfect money maker at this point.. as everyone that was going to get a gryphon, pretty much has one already (given the large groups required to complete some of the quests to get that mount) and since it's been a little over year, I wager everyone that was going to buy the skins for it has done so as well, so, they just make a better mount, and put a $20 dollar skin the store, lets say, around 20% of their Million Player Population buys it, and they just made a sweet 4 million this quarter.. and then they do something along those lines next quarter.. 

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited April 2019
    So far, every mount has been designed with unique traversal mechanics in mind. Our last mount, the roller beetle, was given inherent turning limitations and a slow start explicitly to avoid it outdating other mounts for fast traversal. 

I don't see the griffin becoming obsolete.