Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVESterdam 2019 - The Council of Stellar Management - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageEVESterdam 2019 - The Council of Stellar Management - MMORPG.com

EVE Online is a world of its own - something the developer and players would freely admit. In a game that is so player driven, EVE Online drives unique stories and experiences found literally nowhere else in all of gaming. This extends to the power struggles and political side of New Eden. Part of that is the democratically elected Council of Stellar Management, or CSM. This is a body of players, voted on by players, to represent the people who make up New Eden with CCP Games.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BonejokerBonejoker Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I like this game but being different from the mmorpg I do not know what to do or how to do it.
    the only thing I can do is mining, ratting and hacking but the rest of the things I do not know how they are done or what else I can do T.T
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Elite: Dangerous
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2019
    "Transparency is a dirty word in the video game industry. Most companies don’t trust “gamers” with their secrets, each announcement is meticulously crafted by PR teams and game leaks are treated with scorn."

It is pretty much a dirty word in any business and government despite how politicians may tell you how important it is. And there is one reason for that: the media. Have a think about the last time you saw broadcast news doing a positive piece on a business, corporation, political party or politician. In such a news climate would you want your details known? :)
    Gdemami[Deleted User]
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Looking forward to the PVE expansion.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited April 2019
    EVE Online has to my knowledge more player input than just about any game out there, how many player councils in the games you play have you heard of? The issue of one group of players owning a council is always going to be there, how do they select the players/posters in any user council be they online games or Twitters council?

But the fact EVE has tried to engage players says it all for me, a ground breaking concept but one that needs to be managed well.
    Gdemami
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Scot said:

EVE Online has to my knowledge more player input than just about any game out there, how many player councils in the games you play have you heard of? The issue of one group of players owning a council is always going to be there, how do they select the players/posters in any user council be they online games or Twitters council?

But the fact EVE has tried to engage players says it all for me, a ground breaking concept but one that needs to be managed well.

You're a fool if you think CSM,as a concept, is anything but PR.

I wonder if you even read the article...
    Gdemami said:

Scot said:

You're a fool if you think CSM,as a concept, is anything but PR.

I wonder if you even read the article...
    Of course there is a big PR element to the Council, do you think EVE is going to keep the council a secret? It is there to promote the idea of a game that listens to its players, but it does help do just that too. It seems to be a Council of Whales, but in a game like EVE is that not what's likely to happen? I don't think anyone is saying you create a council and every player issue gets addressed, but it helps. I would hope CCP have the savvy to realise how lopsided the council is and take their comments on the game accordingly.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'm going to take issue with this statement; inaccurate IMO.

"One of the major changes to come via discussions with CSM 13 were changes to the Wardec system, a system that doesn’t affect Nullsec players at all. It’s an example of the highly Nullsec players fighting on behalf of Highsec and new players - advocating for changes that could affect player retention and fun in those areas."

First, wardecs do impact null sec corps in one big way, hauling goods and resources back into Jita and other trade hubs, look at any kill board and you'll see countless null sec corp haulers killed in high sec which were war decced at the time.

Not to mention many run non affiliated alts to haul stuff around in high sec unmolested.

The proposed "solution?" Who do you think will best be able to mount an effective assault against a war dec corps upwell structure, a small band of carebear miners or a major null corp?

This "fix" now allows a null sec corp to swarm in quickly, get an easy high sec structure kill, and have a two week immunity from being decced again.

Don't fool yourself, this change benefits large null sec corps far more than the average joe, who can at least form a corp in high sec now, but no structures is a big disadvantage.

But wait Kyle, those fekking carebears need to man up, they can band together to fight back, or hey, being rich they can hire a "merc" corp to help them attack or defend.

Awesome, hire the very people who were war deccing them or others, might as well just pay the ransom some groups offer.

By all accounts 80% of player base is in high sec at any given moment, CCP would do well to listen to them a bit more.
    GdemamiScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    I'm going to take issue with this statement; inaccurate IMO.

"One of the major changes to come via discussions with CSM 13 were changes to the Wardec system, a system that doesn’t affect Nullsec players at all. It’s an example of the highly Nullsec players fighting on behalf of Highsec and new players - advocating for changes that could affect player retention and fun in those areas."

First, wardecs do impact null sec corps in one big way, hauling goods and resources back into Jita and other trade hubs, look at any kill board and you'll see countless null sec corp haulers killed in high sec which were war decced at the time.

Not to mention many run non affiliated alts to haul stuff around in high sec unmolested.

The proposed "solution?" Who do you think will best be able to mount an effective assault against a war dec corps upwell structure, a small band of carebear miners or a major null corp?

This "fix" now allows a null sec corp to swarm in quickly, get an easy high sec structure kill, and have a two week immunity from being decced again.

Don't fool yourself, this change benefits large null sec corps far more than the average joe, who can at least form a corp in high sec now, but no structures is a big disadvantage.

But wait Kyle, those fekking carebears need to man up, they can band together to fight back, or hey, being rich they can hire a "merc" corp to help them attack or defend.

Awesome, hire the very people who were war deccing them or others, might as well just pay the ransom some groups offer.

By all accounts 80% of player base is in high sec at any given moment, CCP would do well to listen to them a bit more.
    Here is where I would post a picture of a care bear miner if we could still post pictures...sigh. :)
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You can just use my picture as a model carebear, EVE or otherwise.
    [Deleted User]Scot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon