Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THQ Nordic Was Surprised by Kingdoms of Amalur Fanbase & What the Future May Hold - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited October 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageTHQ Nordic Was Surprised by Kingdoms of Amalur Fanbase & What the Future May Hold - MMORPG.com News

In a new interview at IGN, THQ Nordic's Business and Product Development Director Reinhard Pollice spoke about the company's recent acquisition of several well-known IPs including 38 Studios' Kingdoms of Amalur. After obtaining the rights to the KoA IP, Pollice said the company was surprised by "how many fans it had on its hands until the feverish reception to it buying the IP".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited October 2018
    I completed KoA and it was a really good experience ,My first play thru, I did find tho that doing to many side quests(which there are many ) would make you out level and trivialize the main story difficulty .. My second play thru i limited the side quests and it was a much better expereince..
    A follow up to KoA would be awesome ..As EA has pub rights still to KoA , i dont think we will see a reamastered version unless that gets resolved , But THQ can make a sequel and/or pursue Coppernicus development
    Really looking forward to what they do with the IP , The MMO had some good ideas and solid base in KoA lore and geography to build off of , Was a very interesting world ...
    [Deleted User]Waaninfomatz
  • achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Awesome news, i hope we see new Titan Quest soon also.
    Asm0deusLokero
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    I'm still playing it. It has its quirks but it is enjoyable. I really like the "open" serene world. Well, large open areas at least.

The lore is very good and very interesting.
    ScorchienrojoArcueidIselininfomatzTacticalZombehSteelhelmRellz
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Kingdoms of Amalur could be a really good companion to Darksiders. Take some of the lessons learned from Darksiders, apply it to a more hardcore RPG with Amalur, and make a sequel that exceeds the original. 

And hell, do a crossover promotion with Darksiders 3, allowing iconic Darksiders gear to appear in KoA and KoA gear to appear in Darksiders 3. The original KoA did that with ME3.
    rojoArcueidacidblood
  • gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    couldn't finish the game when it's released. it's big like a mmo but shallow as dragon age 2. doing exact same thing over and over.
  • sodamonstersodamonster Member UncommonPosts: 2
    personally, amalur had an interesting premise and promising lore, but it tried to compete with Dragon Age for being a choice-based fantasy RPG. It failed because all roads led right into whatever Curt Schilling felt was Canon when he released this dumper of a game. I realized it was a hollow existence when the player is sent to the capital city and the only thing in this supposedly sprawling metropolis that the player can interact with is the quest objective. This game was at the pinnacle of the "illusion of choice" genre that the Tales games have made popular.
    Caffynated
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    This was a fun game but I was glad to be done with it. I'm not sure if I could commit to prolonged experience.
    Lokero
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I remember hating how I couldn't zoom out with the camera.  
  • drkmgicdrkmgic Member UncommonPosts: 18
    this is super exciting
  • LililuneLililune Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Happy cat here ^_^
    It was a nice game (with some problems).
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited November 2018
    Here's hoping KoA 2 and a rebirth of the MMO will happen.

The world was made by R.A Salvatore, it doesn't deserve to remain in the aether.
  • helenshields258helenshields258 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Thanks for this. Check my latest Super Bowl 2019 live blog.
  • CEOIIICEOIII Member UncommonPosts: 26
    To put it in american football terms, THQN has picked up the ball Schilling dropped, and I hope they take it straight to the house. Remaster, relaunch, whatever.

And I also hope there's an evil professional athlete in the game named Curtis that we get to hand a beatdown to.
  • PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I hope the THQ continues the series and EA lets them be with out sticking their paws all over it

As for the NPC to beat down , I'd rather it be the newly elected R.I. ass-hat politician (i assume hated his predecessor) that wanted repayment without giving them some slack, as it was the prior R.I. politician that wooed 38 Studios to R.I. in the first place with the promise of the $75 mil
    Asm0deus
  • trainyourdragon3trainyourdragon3 Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Woods was never in the Masters chase a year back, breaking standard just in the last round and completing 16 strokes behind victor Patrick Reed in a tie for 32nd spot.
    Masters Golf 2019 live stream online

What's more, regardless of whether misfortune presents to us the exuberant rains and winds of the 2018 race, the fans will positively be no less lively.
    Boston Marathon 2019 live stream online

We're all almost certain that the New York Giants are going to draft a quarterback right? One moment my companions. I think the Giants are genuinely multiplying down on Eli Manning this offseason, or possibly tripling-or quadrupling-down. They need you to KNOW they're not taking a quarterback and they couldn't care less what you think.
    nfl draft 2019 live stream online

Presently, with the 2019 Kentucky Derby lineup coming to fruition, Demling is sharing his initial picks at SportsLine. We can disclose to you he needs no piece of Code of Honor, one of the Vegas top picks at 14-1 Kentucky Derby chances 2019.
    Kentucky Derby 2019 live stream online

He has a successful forwardly-put running style and has appeared high level of intensity even in the races he didn't win. He's additionally the child of a Kentucky Derby champ (Big Brown, 2008) and a nearby relative on his dam's (mother's) side to Breeders' Cup Juvenile victor Stevie Wonderboy.

Preakness Stakes 2019 live stream online

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Would like to see Copernicus mmo revived!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Kingdom of Alamur would be a great game especially if it was online play in instanced lobby's as well where other players could interact at the minimum, or made into a MMO.