Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Shirley Curry: The Gaming / Skyrim Grandma Documentary

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Shirley Curry: The Gaming / Skyrim Grandma Documentary

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

SovrathAsheramAgent_Joseph

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Best half-hour I've spent in a long, long time. What an amazing person and someone I hope to be right now and especially when I get to where she is today. :)
    SeelinnikoiPanther2103wingoodinfomatzScotPhaserlightSovrathAmatheAgent_JosephOctagon7711and 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2019
    Awesome video.

"I want to be a follower not some npc stuck in a stall, I want to be out there playing the game"

That is epic.
    SeelinnikoiSBFordRicardo5802wingoodAgent_JosephTacticalZombeh
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    What a GILF!

A Grandmother I'd Like to Fight with! :D
    wingoodMensurSBFordSovrath[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Skryim, now available on your Grandma.
    MensurBlueThunderBear
  • Cyber_wastelandCyber_wasteland Member UncommonPosts: 192
    There really are nasty people in the world, Why would anyone being saying rude things to her? She is pretty good at gaming for her age and her setup is better then mine lol.

Keep on rocking this is really awesome!
    wingoodSBFordAgent_Joseph[Deleted User]Octagon7711TacticalZombeh

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    I Used To Be An Adventurer Like You, Then I Took An Arrow In The Knee From Granny.

ScotSBFordOctagon7711TacticalZombeh
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Grandma is great.

In reference to people saying nasty things, one thing i have noticed about others who say nasty stuff to people is because they hate themselves at heart and have to put people down to feel better about themselves.
    ValdheimSBFordSovrathAgent_Joseph[Deleted User]TacticalZombehBlueliner
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Great video. I have played with many an older gamer and can relate to what she said. Getting to be 64 myself, I can also relate to what she says. I have been gaming for something like 30 some years and never plan to stop. Go Grandma!
    ValdheimSBFordAgent_JosephTacticalZombeh

Let's party like it is 1863!

• BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    Anyone who kills her NPC is a monster
    Cryomatrix
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Awesome story.
    Sovrath

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That's one of the greatest gaming videos I've ever seen. :)

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MazudhtMazudht Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Wonderful video! I don't feel so old anymore, hopefully I have many years left. So many great people out there.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited April 2019
    Just to add, I'm watching her first foray into the Elder Scrolls Online.

She is doing the Summerset expansion and she just got through the tutorial.

When she finished and finally entered Summerset she was greeted by an NPC. The NPC said "... you are the first to respond to my help and escape the entity's grasp ..."

Shirely: "I'm sure I'm not the first."

She also refuses the main quest from the npc. Wish more players would do that. Though, I wish more games would allow more freedom when it comes to "main quests."

After she leaves the npc and enters summerset proper she says "guys, I don't want to do quests and stuff, I just want to wander through this gorgeous land."

You go Shirley.
    SBFord
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo