Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Next Wild Appalachia Update for Fallout 76 Sends Players on a Mystery-Laden Quest - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNext Wild Appalachia Update for Fallout 76 Sends Players on a Mystery-Laden Quest - MMORPG.com

When the next Wild Appalachia update is deployed to Fallout 76, players will have a new questline called Lying Lowe where they are sent off on a game-wide search for clues. Lying Lowe is "an all-new questline that's shrouded in mystery, deception, and rumors of a ferocious cryptid roaming the Wasteland". Players will need to read a series of posters and unravel their meaning in order to work their way to "Sheepsquatch", the "fabled wooly terror of West Virginia".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    In other Fallout 76 news, basic repair kits will be sold on the Atomic shop while improved repair kits will be random world drops! I can't wait until they add premium ammo into the Atomic Shop as well! Thanks Todd!
    3dom[Deleted User]BlueThunderBearGhavriggRain_Deathraven
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    WTH happened to Bethesda? ES6 is going to suck if they don't right their ship. That will be the end of an era.
    BlueThunderBear
  • abyss404abyss404 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Hey Suzie, can we please get an article on the repair kits they're adding and the incredibly heavy back lash against this by the FO76 community? https://www.reddit.com/r/f076/
    BlueThunderBear
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2019

abyss404 said:

Hey Suzie, can we please get an article on the repair kits they're adding and the incredibly heavy back lash against this by the FO76 community? https://www.reddit.com/r/f076/

Wrong reddit link.

.. and I really don't see why these repair kits matter. You can, literally, pick things up off the floor to repair whatever you want and there's crafting stations everywhere... and even if you're unable to find one you can, literally, plant your camp that's full of crafting stations almost anywhere you want.

Big fuss over nothing.
    MadFrenchieSlyLoKJemAs666sschruppchocolate42069
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

abyss404 said:

Wrong reddit link.

.. and I really don't see why these repair kits matter. You can, literally, pick things up off the floor to repair whatever you want and there's crafting stations everywhere... and even if you're unable to find one you can, literally, plant your camp that's full of crafting stations almost anywhere you want.

Big fuss over nothing.
    Likely the optics is what's getting them this time: maintaining items is a core gameplay tenet of survival games, and now you can simply purchase that tenet directly outta the game (presumably).

Not making a judgement on how valid the backlash is, just extrapolating on why I think it's happening over this particular issue.
    [Deleted User]

• TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    edited April 2019
    Part of the backlash is that, no matter how insignificant the repair kit is, it is seen as breaking the promise of cosmetic only items in the cash shop and the start of the slippery slope towards more egregious monetization.

edit: Well, their monetization is already egregious, lets say - more game unbalancing/p2w etc.
  • Ricardo5802Ricardo5802 Member UncommonPosts: 45
    I stopped playing and unistalled after getting tired of fighting enemies 30+ levels above me, quickly running out of stimpacks, getting my gear broken and lose all my junk, because some high level jackass decided to be around...
    Granted it's not his fault, it's Bethesda which came up with the worst level synch ever, but it still sucks...
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Unrelated (sort of) but their mobile game ES: Blades is basically the definition of p2w with overpowered gear in the cash shop etc., so there's that about Bethesdas approach.
    chocolate42069[Deleted User]M1K313K0CK
  • DarkspireDarkspire Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Is this game still alive?
    chocolate42069
  • sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

Darkspire said:

Is this game still alive?

Ye, it's going well, i'm really surprised :) I just came back to the game and can't stop playing. They sold me with 120 FOV...
    Xarkochocolate42069
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

abyss404 said:

Wrong reddit link.

Big fuss over nothing.

Ah hah, you forgot to mention that various items require various materials needed in order to repair them where as the repair kits require 0 materials. Yeah....nothing...imagine that in the survival mode....rip.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2019
    Albatroes said:

abyss404 said:

Wrong reddit link.

Big fuss over nothing.

Ah hah, you forgot to mention that various items require various materials needed in order to repair them where as the repair kits require 0 materials. Yeah....nothing...imagine that in the survival mode....rip.
    You miss the point.. which is that repairing items is so trivial that it might as well not even be in the game. You don't even need the materials on you since they work straight from your stash. I have hundreds of materials just sitting there doing nothing, just like everyone else who plays it.

Plus, I think when I said you can pick things up off the floor it was quite clear I mean the materials you need to repair. What else could I have possibly meant?

.. and the survival mode is a PvP mode.. it has nothing to do with those kinds of mechanics. You don't play, obviously.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.