Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wonder what happened to Georgeson of EQ?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
So i was wondering where he ended up going after the SOE>DBG debacle.

https://twitter.com/davegeorgeson?lang=en

So apparently i think he is making boxes that sterilize your headset lol.Kudos to him,who would have thought of such an idea,i never would.Seems he is doing quite well also which is again good to hear.
So this is his business or where he works maybe a partner idk the whole ordeal.https://www.cleanboxtech.com/

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Lokero[Deleted User]

Comments

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Dave is loaded with charisma.  I loved when he did interviews, etc.  It's a shame he's no longer around the industry.
    He's easily one of the most likeable guys I've seen.
    [Deleted User]Gorwe
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Lokero said:
    Dave is loaded with charisma.  I loved when he did interviews, etc.  It's a shame he's no longer around the industry.
    Conmen usually are loaded with charisma and extremely likable. It is how they separate you from your money.
    BluelinerGdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Lokero said:
    Conmen usually are loaded with charisma and extremely likable. It is how they separate you from your money.
    I do not disagree, but I am curious how is Georgeson a conman?

He was a co-founder of Cleanbox, in case anyone was curious.
    craftseeker[Deleted User]Gorwe

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I felt Dave always put on a game face but name me one developer studio that doesn't try to convince us that every hen lays a golden egg.I looked at that RD reality dept site,https://www.realitydept.com/IDK who the cute blonde is but i recognize the third guy,i am pretty sure he was also at SOE.

I wonder if he ever tells us a story of how he feels being removed from the gaming industry.I am sure he is happy with his business but still gaming was his life,so to just vanish into a new realm of life must be odd for him.

Look at Smed ,we still hear from him like he is watching over his flock,he can never just walk away from what was his entire life.

I am still just in awe at the idea Dave is working on,i couldn't think of an idea like that if my life depended on it.Maybe that makes for a cool story as well,i am sure he has stories to tell,the SOE adventures and beyond.The fact he went for a VR idea means he must have thought it would really take off,again an ideal i would not agree with,i never thought VR would go anywhere,at least not yet,maybe 10-15 years i figured.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Lokero said:
    So I can assume you have nothing on this topic, you just consider him a conman without a shred of evidence to back it up?

• craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Hatefull said:
    Lokero said:
    So I can assume you have nothing on this topic, you just consider him a conman without a shred of evidence to back it up?
    Nope, I consider him a conman for his performance while working for SOE/DBG no further evidence required.

But since you asked, selling an unnecessary product with a premium price tag ..... well that fits the pattern too.
    Hatefull
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    craftseeker said:

selling an unnecessary product with a premium price tag ..... well that fits the pattern too.
    If we are ever limited to "necessary" products, our gaming hobby is kind of screwed.
    LokeroSovrathAlBQuirkyQuizzicalHatefull[Deleted User]Gorwe

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407
    I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but his face always weirded me out.  Watching him smile was like watching a shark wearing a human suit.
    Hatefullcraftseeker
    Hatefull said:
    Lokero said:
    Nope, I consider him a conman for his performance while working for SOE/DBG no further evidence required.

But since you asked, selling an unnecessary product with a premium price tag ..... well that fits the pattern too.
    So how, exactly did he con anyone? I play a lot of SOE/DBG titles and I can't see where he had a con running on anyone. I am not convinced you understand what that word means.

At any rate, an "unnecessary product" implies you do not need said item, you want said item, therefore again, not a con. 

Are you just terribly irresponsible with money and looking for others to blame for it?