Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Britain's Prince Harry Condemns Fortnite as 'Irresponsible' & Wants It Banned - MMORPG.com

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Asm0deus said:
    "Turn off that game and go outside." -Mum

*Goes outside and get's shot for existing*

Prince Harry is a royal entitled cunt who has 0 clue what it's like to not be born into the safest most cultured worry free safe zone a human can be in.

Anything can be addicting if you're looking for an escape.  Tell that f@#%ing clown to go hang out in Brixton or Hackney without his b!#$% @$$ safety net and security before talking about banning a video game.
    While I agree with the general gist of what you are saying I think you may be  a little harsh here. It appears Harry did two tours (secretly for reasons) in Afghanistan until some foreign press got wind of it and he had to come home early on his second tour or so.

I don't think being a royal is as free and easy as you seem to think it is...
    not much now since both kids are in the army, but he is still a famous like person in england, what he says or the whole royal life for us here is useless, if that matter I could even summon I was from a noble house from spain and all that but that don't matter, and what a famous person thing also have little issue, but still is this kinda of idiot most people like to listen and that is annoying, even more from someone who enver did a good decision in his life
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Asm0deus said:

Prince Harry is a royal entitled cunt who has 0 clue what it's like to not be born into the safest most cultured worry free safe zone a human can be in.

Anything can be addicting if you're looking for an escape.  Tell that f@#%ing clown to go hang out in Brixton or Hackney without his b!#$% @$$ safety net and security before talking about banning a video game.
    While I agree with the general gist of what you are saying I think you may be  a little harsh here. It appears Harry did two tours (secretly for reasons) in Afghanistan until some foreign press got wind of it and he had to come home early on his second tour or so.

How's that different than any other entitled kid deciding  to go to some remote place on missionary/military work? That doesn't make them understand what it's like to actually be a person from and surviving in the remote place.

Maybe Prince Harry should release a statement talking about banning what military folks get "addicted" to, to pass time and escape their surroundings. It would make more sense.
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • cmacqcmacq Member UncommonPosts: 331
    Torval said:
    Amathe said:
    History repeats itself. Scotland banned golf in 1457 out of concern that people played it so much they were neglecting their archery skills (needed for defense).

And look at where Scotland is today. Maybe they should have spent less time on golfing and more time on archery.

Harry isn't wrong but I can't see his criticism having any lasting effect. People shouldn't be surprised by his opinion though. He's a doer and video gaming is a hobby rooted squarely in vicarious living. Also, you can tell by how triggered people got in just this thread that he hit a nerve of truth.
    Thanks for your post and I couldn't agree more. If I didn't know better I'd swear Harry (who I also happen to like) was trolling this forum directly and based on the reactions I'm reading, it's the most successful one I've seen in a long time. Some of you really need to chill.
    [Deleted User]Asm0deusHatefull
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited April 2019
    Asm0deus said:

How's that different than any other entitled kid deciding  to go to some remote place on missionary/military work? That doesn't make them understand what it's like to actually be a person from and surviving in the remote place.

Maybe Prince Harry should release a statement talking about banning what military folks get "addicted" to, to pass time and escape their surroundings. It would make more sense.
    I could say hows you judging him like this any different than anyone judging you?  Why should you be "entitled" to have an opinion and give it publicly yet he can't what makes him more entitled than you in this case...

He didn't ask to be born in that family any more than you asked to be born in yours and just like you, or anyone else for that matter, may have to face prejudice from people that don't know him and judge him for where he comes from, just like you or anyone else.

Ever consider his life may not be what he desires because he is a "Royal" and that he may have ignorant louts judging him to be a spoiled brat because of who his family is even though he may not be at all?

For that manner everyone posting here is more than likely an entitled spoiled brat from a 1st world country whinging over 1st world problems in a 1st world forum...maybe you should give it all away move to 3rd world country before you call people what I would bet a large part of the world populations would call you out to be.

See how that goes.
    Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Sovrath

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

What is "being productive?"

I have friends who pretty much say the same thing. "If you weren't playing video games you could be doing anything else."

And they are correct.

I could be working on my Classical Guitar, doing more writing, going to the gym more, earning a degree, learning a craft, "anything."

But you know, life is too short to be taken in that way. As I tell my friends, we are all marching to the grave, one by one, and when we are on our death beds we won't be saying "I shouldn't have played that game/bought that jeep/stayed in the ice hotel/fillintheblankwithsomethingfrivolous.

Just as long as we don't neglect the important things in life like our health, children/loved ones/job.
    Asm0deusHatefull
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Perhaps Prince Harry is more of an Apex Legends fan?  ;) 
    SBFordSovrathAsm0deusHatefullTacticalZombeh
  • axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42
    USA stopped giving a shit about what royalty wants after 1776.
    he can go pound sand.
    Sal1
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    edited April 2019
    Always found it odd for someone to suggest what i should do with my free time. Ever since i was a teen ppl have told me not to play games lol. Even tho i dont play fortnite all games ive played are designed to keep you in front of the screen in one form or another. As long as im not a harm to myself or others i dont see a problem. Think Harry Ol'boy meant well but didnt think this one through.
    Post edited by Groqstrong on
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Well... Maybe Prince Harry's Fortnite account was hit with the Fortnite Banhammer and got butthurt over it so now he's exacting out his revenge by wanting to ban Fortnite?
    Jippiijoo

• JippiijooJippiijoo Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Dont ban Fortnite! it keeps the kids away from good FPS games
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Weird world we live in when we take what celebrity dilettantes have to say about anything seriously. Up next... Mike Tyson on global warming. 
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    He probably lost a match in 100th place.
    Hatefull

• ishistishist Member UncommonPosts: 213
    "Parents have got their hands up; they don't know what to do about it."

They should have thought of that before they legally signed over their parental rights to Fortnite.

Oh wait...that's not a thing they can do is it? So that means they're still responsible for their own children. How then can we determine who is to blame?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Asm0deus said:
    Asm0deus said:

I could say hows you judging him like this any different than anyone judging you?  Why should you be "entitled" to have an opinion and give it publicly yet he can't what makes him more entitled than you in this case...

He didn't ask to be born in that family any more than you asked to be born in yours and just like you, or anyone else for that matter, may have to face prejudice from people that don't know him and judge him for where he comes, just like you or anyone else.

Ever consider his life may not be what he desires because he is a "Royal" and that he may have ignorant louts judging him to be a spoiled brat because of who his family is even though he may not be at all?

For that manner everyone posting here is more than likely an entitled spoiled brat from a 1st world country whinging over 1st world problems in a 1st world forum...maybe you should give it all away move to 3rd world country before you call people what I would bet a large part of the world populations would call you out to be.

See how that goes.
    Straw man as hell. Are you counter pointing out of boredom and being purposefully obtuse?

• The royal prince is a SHELTERED public figure who grew up in the public eye destined to be more comfortable, cultured, and entitled than everyone else.
    • I'm not trying to, nor have the power to influence or ban his hobbies that he uses to escape his chosen, cultured, entitled life
    • What's next? Is he going to start going after binge watchcing Top Boy and Peaky Blinders on Netflix?

See how that went?
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    lawl Okay. Says the guy from a country that's banning kitchen knives.

Do I think there is an issue? Sure, to an extent. But it's not a Fortnite or video games in general issue. It's a parental issue. "Hey Timmy, time for dinner/family time/etc.!" "Hey Susy! We're going to the park/for a bike ride/hike/etc.!" If they say no, you march your ass in their room or wherever and you unplug that shit and/or take it away. I know that can be difficult these days, with all this  hippy dippy nonsense of being a friend first and a parent second, but sometimes you have to give the tough love. I'm not advocating being physically or mentally abusive here, but sometimes you have to be a bit of a stern dickhead. You have to set boundaries and limits. And I know that can be hard, especially when both parents work, as it's easy to use TV and games as a babysitter of sorts. But I think many of us (parents, myself included with my 10y/o daughter) could at least try and do a better job with making family time away from electronics.
    ManWithNoTan
  • emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    SBFord said:
    imageBritain's Prince Harry Condemns Fortnite as 'Irresponsible' & Wants It Banned - MMORPG.com

Britain's Prince Harry has come out publicly calling for a ban of Fortnite. The comments were made at a West London YMCA where he further elaborated that games like Fortnite are designed to addict youngsters. "The game shouldn't be allowed. Where is the benefit of having it in your household?" he said. It's created to addict, an addiction to keep you in front of a computer for as long as possible. It's so irresponsible."

Read the full story here

The Prince is right!
    Keller
  • Saur0n69Saur0n69 Member UncommonPosts: 44
    LoL people think Fortnite is addictive?  Wtf?  Where were these pansies during the EverCrack epidemic?
    SlyLoK
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited April 2019
    What do you expect?  This is a country where defending yourself in your own home if you aren't royalty with a security team is a crime. 
    ThumbtackJManWithNoTan
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • StormsoneStormsone Member UncommonPosts: 83

Prince Harry said, ‘Social media is more addictive than drugs and alcohol, and it’s more dangerous because it’s normalised and there are no restrictions to it.’

Does anyone else see what’s wrong with that statement?

Keller
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited April 2019
    ...snip...
    Straw man as hell. Are you counter pointing out of boredom and being purposefully obtuse?

• The royal prince is a SHELTERED public figure who grew up in the public eye destined to be more comfortable, cultured, and entitled than everyone else.
    • I'm not trying to, nor have the power to influence or ban his hobbies that he uses to escape his chosen, cultured, entitled life
    • What's next? Is he going to start going after binge watchcing Top Boy and Peaky Blinders on Netflix?

See how that went?
    That went nowhere, all you did was show everyone how obtuse you are with your lack of comprehension of a fairly simple concept.  Strawman my arse.

Like I said in my first post I more or less agree in general with what you are saying but simply to a far lesser degree as in your post it's very obvious you have a "napoleon complex", so to speak, against people who are Rich and Famous..

....."royal entitled cunt".... your words mate, not mine, and they are very telling.

GdemamiHatefull

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• NarmorNarmor Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Yeah, everyone should listen to the PRINCE in 2019... Also, using his logic, what's the point of having royalty in this century? They seem to be unoccupied enough to take care of subjects like these.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Amathe said:

Also when you want kids to stop doing something, the best way is not for some adult to tell them it's forbidden.

Prince Harry would have been better off announcing that Fortnite is what all the old guys play, and they love it.  Better yet, tell them the Queen plays it.

I see the headline now "Queen Mother kills Ninja, Fortnite Dances on Corpse"
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Yeah, he was in the Armed forces for Ten years, two tours in Afghanistan one in Helmand Province, which in case you are unaware was the absolute worst place to be at any point until recently. 

Beyond that, one service the Royal Family of England provides is a decent role model. They have of course had mistakes but more often than not you can see them doing the right thing. 

At any rate, I disagree with his assertion that this game should be banned, I vehemently disagree that he or anyone deserves to be given shit simply because he was born into Royalty.

Asm0deuscmacq

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Stormsone said:

Prince Harry said, ‘Social media is more addictive than drugs and alcohol, and it’s more dangerous because it’s normalised and there are no restrictions to it.’

Does anyone else see what’s wrong with that statement?

Is it really so incorrect? Social Media is amazing. But I can see people being hooked in so tightly that they forgo so many other things.

Heck, it's almost the matrix in principle. Everyone jacked in yet their bodies are stationary and sedentary. That's a bit much but it sort of feels like it sometimes.

Narmor said:
    Yeah, everyone should listen to the PRINCE in 2019... Also, using his logic, what's the point of having royalty in this century? They seem to be unoccupied enough to take care of subjects like these.
    The point is to make billions for the UK. There is a history there that, for brits, seems engaging and exciting. To that point, there are people all over the world who are interested and find the whole idea of royalty "fun."

Therefore the Royals bring in quite a bit of money for just existing.
    HatefullCryomatrix
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    There's actually already been studies on the detrimental effects of social media, so his comments on social media aren't really that extreme to be honest.  Misinformation and radicalization based on such misinformation is just one of the very real dangers of a social media infrastructure that's been allowed to run amok with no oversight and little study (until recently) of the effects it's having on the social paradigm.
    HatefullSovrath