Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Nodes Q&A Live Stream Replay

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAshes of Creation Nodes Q&A Live Stream Replay

In case you missed it, the Ashes of Creation team took to the airwaves late last week to spend some time answering community questions about the node system that has been the subject of several blog posts on the official site. The team covered a number of topics related to nodes including the parent/vassal node system, travel between nodes and more about the node destruction system.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Slap?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    they should have dolled up the chick in the middle
    BlueThunderBearLeFantomeSBFordtweedledumb99grg210Sedaiikynnatpick
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Weird. This discussion of nodes is making me less and less interested in the game. I hope we won't be missing too much if we opt out of noding. If I've spent time/effort upgrading a node to level 6 and it gets demolished to 0 in a siege, that's a waste of time/effort for me and I'm an adult who doesn't have nearly as much free time as I did 20 years ago.
    PirrayaValdheimBlueThunderBear
  • LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    The chick is really annoying.
    SBFordgrg210

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I dont know what people see in this game. Nodes are good but problem is time, also upgrading nodes will get everything new around that node which is annoying because what changes? Only node thats it, why new monsters needs to be there, every upgrade of node you will spend time searching for something.

Remember Archeage? That game was great they only needed to remove p2w fix pvp, they didnt do it completely and look what happend.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Sadly the NODE system is an easy topic because it really is a simple system whereby you don't need much of a team or even have much to show us to prove some effort has been going into the game.
    This node system is a VERY simple system,build a city then start removing/adding parts and calling those parts ,an area of the node.
    You are not doing added work,you are simply subtracting from the work already done.I think people want to see game design,npc's,combat structures,class structures and how you spend your time living in the world.
    You are not getting fulfillment from a game if the focus is on subtracting town elements depending on node %,we need to see an actual game world,economy,eco system,building,survival,weather etc etc.

Geesh BDO tried to pan off their node system,it came out as two giant thumbs down.Sure the idea of a node adding immersion is great however we are never going to recreate a realistic living world of change by a few different % node subtractions/additions.

I would assume the system is as simple as placing objects in groups like group A1/A2/A3 and A4 then as the node changes from 25% A1 objects get loaded then 50% A2 objects and back n forth like that.It actually comes off more looking like a computer game/code than a living world.
    My hunch,they have done very little with the game the past year or so the node chit chat was an easy option.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    I feel like developers should focus on what a player will be doing day to day i na game.Give us examples of world and npc interaction.How our everyday life will unfold.

Then explain the world around us,node yeah i get it but more beyond that.The creatures,how they react to us,the way we interact within combat,how we survive,do we need to eat and drink,do we live anywhere etc etc.

Pretend you are a player and guide us through our expected adventure.To me it would take one video and give viewers a huge perspective on what to expect. The constant use of those banners hanging across streets looks umm bad/cheesy,just sayn.

I am starting to get a bad feeling about something based on the use of their words.I get a feeling they are going to use very few assets and just rearranging them to form new cities,sort of like that DnD game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    i will say.. we bitch about not getting info on the MMO. Then they proceed to start spitting out info about the MMO... then we bitch that the info isnt good enough and we want something else..

Lets make up our minds here..
    CrustyKnuckles