Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rosewill Cullinan V500 RGB Case Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageRosewill Cullinan V500 RGB Case Review - MMORPG.com

Rosewill has spent years selling affordable upgrades and peripherals for your PC setup, so it’s about time we took a look at one of their computer cases, don’t you agree? And what better way than with a chassis as eye-catching as this? But a good case requires more than a cool look. Join us as we review the Rosewill Cullinan V500 RGB ATX Mid-Tower Gaming Computer Case.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Since when is $139.99 USD considered budget?

Also, unless the mainboard has weird ram slot layout, the ram isn't in dual channel config.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Rosewill makes some nice budget cases. $140 is not a budget case. As I see it, you'd need either really unusual needs or else to be paying mainly for looks to justify spending even $100 on a case. You can get a good case for $50.

I'm using their Challenger S right now, which I got for $40, including shipping. It's a nice case, and doesn't seem out of place in a build that cost about $1500 in total.

I've also used their Tyrfing case. The huge problem with it is that they bag the screws badly so that they're likely to break free in shipping, and then you end up with a bunch of loose screws all over the place in the case. Other than that, it's a nice case, and cheap, too. But that's a huge drawback, as if you miss a screw, it could short something out.
    Xingbairong
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    Well it does look cool ,funny how cases are the one item that seems at least reasonable in prices.I know i have watched a You Tube streamer over in China building computers and yes he found a decent looking case for 40 bucks but most were around 50-100 bucks and that is in China,so 139 over here seems about right,IF you like the case of course.

Looking now myself,seems some have found some real cheap wholesalers because on Alibaba there are some real cool looking cases for around $50.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2019
    Nice i had to add my own <Br tag line break to form a paragraph.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    If you're paying specifically for the looks of a case and have money to spare, then go ahead and spend $140 on a case that you like the looks of.  I think it's ridiculous to spend a bunch of extra money for the sake of appearance on memory or a power supply or whatever unless you're doing something weird with the case to make it visible.  But the case is what you see.  If you want something that looks nice, then go ahead.

But if you're paying for looks, surely you can do better than tacky RGB lighting.
  • Thawolf1Thawolf1 Member UncommonPosts: 21

Since when is $139.99 USD considered budget?

Also, unless the mainboard has weird ram slot layout, the ram isn't in dual channel config.

yea my ram set was old and apparently not properly sent from the warehouse because on two different boards the ram wouldn't work properly in dual channel.