Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Fiasco- Transfers, Trade-Ins and Claiming disabled

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Torrsk said:
    This was the perfect chance for them to finally hit a date. Build some trust back up, get everyone active again. If they miss it, well it's just another fuck up in a long line of them.
    He only gave the date (actually a vague "first part of April" window) just 3 weeks ago.  It's currently the "first part of April" so we are in that window.  I guess he has the rest of the week to be in the window so he may yet hit it :smile:

He is always whining about the "Cone of Uncertainty".  How big of a cone does he need to hit a target 3 weeks in the future?  I mean... this was a layup.  The only way it could have been easier was if he gave an ETA the day after it released.  And this isn't even part of the actual game.  He pulled people that were actually working on the game to come and work on his web event...  All so he could squeeze in yet another sale by tying it to the "Kickstarterversary" in May.

But luckily he was able to remind us that this fiasco wasn't his fault.  It was the fault of "other smart people". 

We are 25% through the year.  So far "the Storm" he promised has been nothing short of a fizzle.

Gdemamicraftseeker

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    He only gave the date (actually a vague "first part of April" window) just 3 weeks ago.  It's currently the "first part of April" so we are in that window.  I guess he has the rest of the week to be in the window so he may yet hit it :smile:

He is always whining about the "Cone of Uncertainty".  How big of a cone does he need to hit a target 3 weeks in the future?  I mean... this was a layup.  The only way it could have been easier was if he gave an ETA the day after it released.  And this isn't even part of the actual game.  He pulled people that were actually working on the game to come and work on his web event...  All so he could squeeze in yet another sale by tying it to the "Kickstarterversary" in May.

Depends if the first part of April, counts as the first two weeks. That's how I took it anyway. Which either way seemed very possible before the titled transfers stuffed up. Still somewhat possible if they fix the issue soon and DSS doesn't start until the end of April.

I can tell you many of us are even more pissed about that. We were told over and over "these sales/events aren't slowing down the game at all". To now where that's all some lie. I figured it wasn't true, but then thought maybe it's not slowing stuff down by much. One of those, surely he knows everyone is thinking it's BS so why lie about it moment.

I really just want DSS to happen soon, so I can pick my domain and really go inactive. Never really cared for pre-elyria. And Alpha 1, I could skip that until beta hits. 
    craftseeker
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Torrsk said:

Depends if the first part of April, counts as the first two weeks. That's how I took it anyway. Which either way seemed very possible before the titled transfers stuffed up. Still somewhat possible if they fix the issue soon and DSS doesn't start until the end of April.

I can tell you many of us are even more pissed about that. We were told over and over "these sales/events aren't slowing down the game at all". To now where that's all some lie. I figured it wasn't true, but then thought maybe it's not slowing stuff down by much. One of those, surely he knows everyone is thinking it's BS so why lie about it moment.

I really just want DSS to happen soon, so I can pick my domain and really go inactive. Never really cared for pre-elyria. And Alpha 1, I could skip that until beta hits. 
    Why not claim that the first part of April includes all of the first twenty nine days and most of the thirtieth?

If you announce something three weeks before delivery it really should already be in testing and about to be packaged for delivery.
    Slapshot1188Gdemami
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    "Mistakes were made regarding (blah) and we are working to resolve it."

Pretty difficult to say I guess.

Must have been some mess because as of now they still have this disabled.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Perhaps they need to hire a few more "smarter people?"

:D

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

Or just one who takes ownership ?
    ScotKyleran

Kyleran said:

Or just one who takes ownership ?
    Goodness, next you'll want accountability, where does it all end, with someone being responsible?
    DerryFH

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Why not claim that the first part of April includes all of the first twenty nine days and most of the thirtieth?

If you announce something three weeks before delivery it really should already be in testing and about to be packaged for delivery.
    Just how I understand things. Split up in two parts, but each to their own. 

I guess we will see today.. tomorrow.. whichever the timezone is it. Going off discord, Caspian said about giving a date for DSS. While title transfers are still down and IP hasn't been given out. I see this going smoothly lol
    Slapshot1188craftseeker
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    Some day in the future "Sorry to all backers, but we are terminating the development of CoE. It was not my fault, some other people from the team screwed up".
    I do hope they outsource the hiring of the bus that everyone is going to get thrown under.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Torrsk said:

Just how I understand things. Split up in two parts, but each to their own. 

I guess we will see today.. tomorrow.. whichever the timezone is it. Going off discord, Caspian said about giving a date for DSS. While title transfers are still down and IP hasn't been given out. I see this going smoothly lol
    Well... he stated on Discord that his announcement is delayed until Monday and that he would miss the first part of April date. Not a shock as it’s already April 5th. Chalk up another missed date.

Was hyped to see when the date for DSS would be. To get a post announcing they will announce that on Monday. No idea what could have happened in 24 hours to push back saying something today.

I'll now expect come Monday, there will be another post delaying the announcement post. Then when the post finally comes around. I know DSS won't happen at least until May. Can't happen during the holidays now. I am once again utterly confused why they ever talk about any date or just talk in general about things that aren't finished.

This would have been the perfect thing to push out on time. If they just shut the hell up and didn't leak crap all over discord. That would have been fine. Of course the white knights are defending them like crazy.
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    If his bumbling crew would just get their blasted work done, he wouldn't have to keep delaying stuff.  He's been waiting on them for what seems like forever, but they just can't seem to get it together.
    Mendel said:
    Some day in the future "Sorry to all backers, but we are terminating the development of CoE. It was not my fault, some other people from the team screwed up".
    I do hope they outsource the hiring of the bus that everyone is going to get thrown under.

They can't outsource it.  But they have a way to make a better bus (this one will actually fly) in a fraction of the time and cost that a normal bus takes to create!  They will hire many "smart people" to build it.

craftseeker

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    edited April 2019
    Caspian sounded like a typical MOBA silver league or below player who claims the whole team suck but himself when they are losing a march.
    Caspian sounded like a typical MOBA silver league or below player who claims the whole team suck but himself when they are losing a march.
    Well that's the thing. Even if others are at fault. He is the one that keeps hyping people up with dates. Which is causing most of the problems. I doubt they are all that happy about it either. But he doesn't seem to want to listen to anyone on that front.
    Gdemami
    Torrsk said:
    Well that's the thing. Even if others are at fault. He is the one that keeps hyping people up with dates. Which is causing most of the problems. I doubt they are all that happy about it either. But he doesn't seem to want to listen to anyone on that front.
    IMHO if his Kickstarter had a legitimate development timeline and budget posted I doubt they would ever have funded.  Some will see this  and his continued underestimating as a good thing because they feel the ends justify the means.  I just feel that the guy should say what he means and do what he says (roughly when he says).  

Until there is some form of real accountability (as in people can get their money back when a company is literally years late) we will continue to see the pushing of unrealistic dates as it helps raise funding.  CoE is the poster child but they certainly are not alone.  It’s a mentality that has contaminated MMO Crowdfunding. As long as people excuse it (the ends justify the means) this will continue.

Dont get me wrong,  this specific issue (D&SS delay) is pretty low on the totem pole but it’s just emblematic of the general mentality that results in a game years behind schedule and millions over budget.  Zero accountability.   Just blame it on “other smart people”, extend the current item sale, and dangle a new shiny.

GdemamiTorrsk[Deleted User]

For the record the fiasco continues.  The transfers, trade-ins and claiming are still disabled.  Nothing official but the hope is to have it fixed tomorrow.
    Gdemamicraftseeker

For the record the fiasco continues.  The transfers, trade-ins and claiming are still disabled.  Nothing official but the hope is to have it fixed tomorrow.
    Realistic they have to be fixed tomorrow. Unless they delay the announcement all over again. It will be even more stupid on their part to set a date, when stuff still needs to be done. 

I am surprised you have not bought up the thread of people asking SBS to public test DSS. Gotta have the highest amount of upvotes seen in any thread. 
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Torrsk said:
    Realistic they have to be fixed tomorrow. Unless they delay the announcement all over again. It will be even more stupid on their part to set a date, when stuff still needs to be done. 

I am surprised you have not bought up the thread of people asking SBS to public test DSS. Gotta have the highest amount of upvotes seen in any thread. 
    Got a link?

I avoid the official forums most of the time these days
  • jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Yes, this.  This game is never going to be released.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

AnOldFart said:
    Torrsk said:

Got a link?

I avoid the official forums most of the time these days
    254 upvotes so far

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/30932/player-testing-of-dss-before-it-goes-live

Claiming not fixed yet
    D&SS set for April 29th

• AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Claiming not fixed yet
    D&SS set for April 29th

So we should be picking by October then... 
    AnOldFart said:
    Claiming not fixed yet
    D&SS set for April 29th

So we should be picking by October then... 
    No, but "early" May is certainly within the realm of probability.