Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not So MMO: LifeAfter Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNot So MMO: LifeAfter Review - MMORPG.com

Chinese developer/publisher NetEase is no stranger to the mobile arena. While we wait to see how Diablo Immortal turns out, they recently released LifeAfter, an MMORPG with survival elements in the West. While many titles re-released to new markets struggle with translation, NetEase did a stand-up job with the English translation. Did the gameplay survive the trip from the East as well, or is this just another "cash grab?" We explore that question in our LifeAfter review.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    They're going to add pay to win to movies. Whoever pays more sees more.

Score - 9.0
    Valdheimgrg210VitaminKonelesslight
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    its a mobile, if is a mobile is a cash grab, asking if a mobile game have pay to win cash shop or is a cash grab, is teh same asking if water is wet.

Score - 9.0

worse is some would pay, serious its like most people like to live as slaves
    sakerValdheim
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837

Score - 9.0
    So a David Cage game with microtransactions.  :p
  • PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    I still don't get it. Why would anyone want to play an mmo on a phone in a game that would require hours of play time for each session. Call me old school if you like I just don't get it.
    sschruppTacticalZombehValdheimVitaminK
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Considering latest trends game reviews should contain the part with experience on different platforms using cloud gaming / streaming services like GeForce Now.

Thank you for your time!

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I still don't get it. Why would anyone want to play an mmo on a phone in a game that would require hours of play time for each session. Call me old school if you like I just don't get it.
    You play like this. Take two steps forward. Press cash pay to win. Look right. Press cash pay to win. Take aim at a racoon in a tree with your bow. Press cash pay to win. BOOM goes the dynamite - dead racoon. Press cash pay to win. 
    squibbly

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

Score - 9.0

They did that years ago. What do you think IMAX is?
    sschruppsaker
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 487
    edited April 2019

Samhael said:

Score - 9.0

They did that years ago. What do you think IMAX is?

Pay more to watch more minutes.

imax is not pay to win.
    imax is buying deluxe edition.
    Post edited by Pher0cious on
    VitaminK
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    I don't know or remember the reviewer but aside from a lol score of 9.2...again LOL,the review seemed legit.
    You cannot score a game based on it's platform,sure it might be a HQ game per mobiel standards but that is not how we do it.
    The game is to be judged versus the best of the best and versus what tech can be utilized OUTSIDE the limited mobile phone.So at least separate it into a mobile rating score then if you HONESTLY feel it is a 9.2 an then an overall score based on the entire industry.

We also NEED to see video,ALWAYS because screenshots almost never tell the truth.Plus in a video we get to see with our OWN eyes a LOT more than reviewers tend to reveal.So if this was actually played,where is the video?

So although it might even be worth playing "not imo with a cash shop"but whatever,it is a puny screen mobile game,not worth any money spent because we have MUCH better options.

HornyVikingBushiVitaminK

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PARTIESPLAYINPARTIESPLAYIN Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited April 2019
    If I were to ever up play a mobile mmo witch is highly unlikely and it was that good, I would use an emulator on my PC and use mouse and keyboard anyway.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    its a mobile, if is a mobile is a cash grab, asking if a mobile game have pay to win cash shop or is a cash grab, is teh same asking if water is wet.

Score - 9.0

worse is some would pay, serious its like most people like to live as slaves
    Are you certain water is wet?
    squibbly