Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nanoleaf Light Panels Rhythm Edition Smarter Kit Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNanoleaf Light Panels Rhythm Edition Smarter Kit Review - MMORPG.com

So you’ve built your computer: it looks good, runs better, and you’re happy. Now you can begin looking at the rest of your setup. That’s where Nanoleaf comes in. Today, we’re looking at the Nanoleaf Light Panels Rhythm Edition Smarter Kit. They’re modern, RGB customizable and can enhance the look of any game den. At $199, they don’t come cheap but are they the right fit for you? Join us as we find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Con should have been more like; expensive for a silly product.

It is pretty expensive. Honestly though, if you have a room that fits this type of thing it could be pretty cool looking.
    ZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,825
    edited April 2019

It is pretty expensive. Honestly though, if you have a room that fits this type of thing it could be pretty cool looking.

Not against RGB as some of my stuff has it although was not a feature I actively looked for when buying the stuff. I think it has just reached a saturation point with this stuff that the inside of your room looks like downtown Hong Kong on a Saturday night.

I don't want to see silly lights coming out of my monitor, PC case or anywhere else. I am a gamer not a disk jockey. :)
    Post edited by Scot on
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    For $199 you can make a custom design by some local guy that will look 10 times better, but the question is why... I genuinely don't get the idea of making your room look like a cheap motel.

Surprised no one has made an RGB chair yet, heck nevermind chair I'm waiting for RGB houses. Everything is RGB inside and outside... might seem like a joke, but give it a few years and you will see someone with an IQ of a brick that actually think that it's cool...

Cause of the damn RGB nowadays I'm having hard time finding cheap keyboards because all the cheap keyboards are RGB. If you want an actual normal keyboard you will have to pay premium to NOT have RGB... logic.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    da fuq?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    I'm fond of saying that any product or concept that feels the need to call itself "smart", isn't.
    Scot
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Have a set of these myself, and let me tell you that setting them up and getting them to work "smart" was a complete pain in the ass. Worse than any other "smart" product I have -- and I have a house full of them. I ended up having to deal with their CS about 3 times (over the course of about three weeks) before they finally caved and just sent me a new "brain" for the set I had. Once they did, they finally worked correctly.

As a side note, they were purchased for me as a gift. I would never spend as much as they're asking for something that can easily look tacky -- which is what their new nanoleaf Canvas is.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am no expert on these but i can use Google and i know how to look around.

Keyword on these?>>>>WIRES

Not sure the power consumption of these or if it even matters but seems to me the low voltage ones seem a better buy as well i am guessing less wires to try and hide.

If the whole purpose of this is visual enhancement,it defeats the purpose if the wires are hanging down,which is why i feel a CHEAPER cost to buy battery type ones that perhaps have no wires to hide.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i'll be $199 short and get a higher monthly electrical bill?

what a deal!

it's a steal!

no ty.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

Scot said:

Not against RGB as some of my stuff has it although was not a feature I actively looked for when buying the stuff. I think it has just reached a saturation point with this stuff that the inside of your room looks like downtown Hong Kong on a Saturday night.

I don't want to see silly lights coming out of my monitor, PC case or anywhere else. I am a game not a disk jockey. :)

you don't want light out of your monitor? uummm.... you won't see anything then.
    [Deleted User]Scot

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Whats the radiation level on those panels and cabling? They seem like 5$ Christmas decoration with zero insulation.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Spiider said:
    Whats the radiation level on those panels and cabling? They seem like 5$ Christmas decoration with zero insulation.
    There's a lot of electromagnetic radiation between 400nm - 700nm wavelength, depending on how you set them up.
    Quizzical

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    edited April 2019

Vrika said:

Spiider said:

There's a lot of electromagnetic radiation between 400nm - 700nm wavelength, depending on how you set them up.

So its not to be placed above beds or sitting areas. Good to know.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

edited April 2019
    Spiider said:

Vrika said:

Spiider said:

Not really.

Actually my answer was worse than useless because electromagnetic radiation between 400nm - 700nm wavelength is visible light.

Sometimes it's possible to give people misconceptions about non-existent hazards by telling them something they already know, like that the light panels give light, in complex terms that they do not fully understand.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    Vrika said:
    Spiider said:

Vrika said:

Spiider said:

Not really.

Actually my answer was worse than useless because electromagnetic radiation between 400nm - 700nm wavelength is visible light.

Sometimes it's possible to give people misconceptions about non-existent hazards by telling them something they already know, like that the light panels give light, in complex terms that they do not fully understand.
    Beware of dihydrogen monoxide, which can sometimes drown people.

I liked your joke, at least.
    Quizzical said:
    Vrika said:
    Spiider said:

Vrika said:

Spiider said:

Not really.

Beware of dihydrogen monoxide, which can sometimes drown people.

I liked your joke, at least.
    I liked it too, but then I started to feel bad because I wouldn't want anyone to avoid harmless stuff because of what I said.