Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a MMO game

renky77renky77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
Hello there. I didn't see rules in this forum so I hope this one is acceptable.

Looking for a MMO fantasy game with open-pvp, and something like unique treasures hidden all over the world (maybe something else to explore). If your skills like one-handed swords or like trading etc. can be upgraded/leveled up it would be great as well. If some attacking/fighting skills can only be found through some hard quests or whatever - even greater

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Can't think of a game that has those features, the closest? to it might be BDO and ESO, maybe.
  • ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    time to build your own MMO
    Scot
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Good luck with that.
  • renky77renky77 Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Phry said:
    Can't think of a game that has those features, the closest? to it might be BDO and ESO, maybe.
    What's there in BDO?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    UO
  • Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Try out Albion Online. It's got open world pvp with full loot on death. Good skill/tree system to level up. The game goes free to play on April 10th if you don't want to spend the $30 now. Good MMO with dungeons, pvp, private islands, guild system, crafting, and it's a very relaxing mmo. 
    Scorchien said:
    UO
    Isn't it closed?

renky77 said:

Looking for a MMO fantasy game with open-pvp, and something like unique treasures hidden all over the world (maybe something else to explore). If your skills like one-handed swords or like trading etc. can be upgraded/leveled up it would be great as well. If some attacking/fighting skills can only be found through some hard quests or whatever - even greater
    Shroud of the Avatar
    As far as I remember its development isn't going good this days, am I wrong?

Cuppett5 said:
    Try out Albion Online. It's got open world pvp with full loot on death. Good skill/tree system to level up. The game goes free to play on April 10th if you don't want to spend the $30 now. Good MMO with dungeons, pvp, private islands, guild system, crafting, and it's a very relaxing mmo. 
    That's really probably the closest of all games that aren't on closed beta/alpha nowadays but there's critical problem for me - I'm solo player. And if you're solo there, prepare your big wallet or immeasurable amount of time to spend in this game for boring things, much more than in other games 
    hichamedd said:
    that's a lot of conditions hh 
    Not that I can't play without ALL of them. 2 is great already.
    renky77 said:

renky77 said:

Shroud of the Avatar

Yes you are wrong. Development is going slow but steady. They still push out big updates every month. Not sure what you heard. But I follow it continuously.

It is still very worth it to play, you have nothing lose.
    Give it a try. It has all the things you are looking for an mmo.
    Gonna try it right now. I see it became free. Anything I SHOULD buy there?
    renky77 said:
    renky77 said:

renky77 said:

Shroud of the Avatar

Yes you are wrong. Development is going slow but steady. They still push out big updates every month. Not sure what you heard. But I follow it continuously.

It is still very worth it to play, you have nothing lose.
    Give it a try. It has all the things you are looking for an mmo.
    Gonna try it right now. I see it became free. Anything I SHOULD buy there?
    I play for a few years without buying anything and I am not missing out. :)
    Just learn about the skills system a bit, as it has a bit of a difficult learning curve.

Looked into it. Since many years still many bugs and poor optimization + patches add only additional decorations to spend your money. Poor quests while playing further in the game. And the worst is poor online. Am I wrong?
    Gdemami
  • Ser_UllsaardSer_Ullsaard Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    It's not out yet but you can look into Chronicles of Elyria. Not exactly an MMO but matches what you are looking for otherwise. At least that is the ideal they are going with at the moment. 
    It's not out yet but you can look into Chronicles of Elyria. Not exactly an MMO but matches what you are looking for otherwise. At least that is the ideal they are going with at the moment. 
    As far as I remember they're not doing good this days after problems with engine appeared
    Gdemami
  • gago889gago889 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    My ESO battlemage xD. 

edited April 2019
    gago889 said:
    ESO is a no-no. It's even hard to call it MMORPG, ya know. Anyway, I played this one for thousand hours and it's kinda enough for me :cold_sweat:
    Gdemami
  • gago889gago889 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    edited April 2019
    renky77 said:
    gago889 said:
    ESO is a no-no. It's even hard to call it MMORPG, ya know. Anyway, I played this one for thousand hours and it's kinda enough for me :cold_sweat:
    hehe, so you find a new game for break time. You may want to try FF14. I think 3 best MMORPG atm are ESO,WoW,FF14. See ya 1 day in Elsweyr. LoL
    Gorwe said:
    renky77 said:
    gago889 said:
    How's ESO? I could use a nice story based game.

Until you get your hands on high-level it's like open-world coop RPG. Only later you can try Cyrodiil as open-pvp Zone with sieges and everything. Before that - questing and dungeons. Actually story's not so bad yeah. Good versatility of playing. Any class can try any role. What I don't like there is that it's too casual and too low amount of skills in total for me. 
    gago889 said:
    renky77 said:
    gago889 said:
    hehe, so you find a new game for break time. You may want to try FF14. I think 3 best MMORPG atm are ESO,WoW,FF14. See ya 1 day in Elsweyr. LoL
    FF14 and WoW can't be played because I'm now low in cash. Maybe I can find some money for 1-time buying, but subscription is an ass right now.