Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOs catering to people over 40 (or even over 50)

1235»

Comments

• zaxxon23zaxxon23 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Gotta be pretty decrepit to not be able to play a mmo.  Heck I'm excited for playing mmos in my retirement years.  I feel like I missed out on "life" wasting it away on mmos during my younger years...make a point of getting out now in my 40s...but am super excited to play mmos to my heart's content in my 60s and 70s and not feel bad about it lol.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    The thing about the internet is no one really knows how old you are...To me, everyone is the same age..>We don't judge them on their age, sex, race, or any other factor...For hte most part, we have no idea who we are gaming with, and we don't even know whether to believe them if they do tell us.
    QuizzicalcraftseekerChildoftheShadowsHatefull
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    sunandshadow said:

I'd like to see a few more single-player games with content aimed at adult women.
    All we need are more developers who either are women or who understand what women like. The first is improving slowly. The second, meh. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    edited April 2019
    Wargfoot said:
    Amathe said:
    sunandshadow said:

I'd like to see a few more single-player games with content aimed at adult women.
    All we need are more developers who either are women or who understand what women like. The first is improving slowly. The second, meh. 
    Are women different than men?

^---- I'm leaving before that conversational hand grenade goes off.
    I believe women as individuals are unique, but as a statistical group they are a demographic like any other demographic, reflecting certain preferences statistically. 

Some things the group of women will like more than men, statistically speaking; some things less.

If I am wrong about this, someone please tell all the people spending money on gender targeted marketing.  

Note this is not a value judgment or a qualitative comparison.

SovrathsunandshadowAlBQuirky

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Amathe said:
    Wargfoot said:
    Amathe said:
    sunandshadow said:

Are women different than men?

^---- I'm leaving before that conversational hand grenade goes off.
    I believe women as individuals are unique, but as a statistical group they are a demographic like any other demographic, reflecting certain preferences statistically. 

Some things the group of women will like more than men, statistically speaking; some things less.

If I am wrong about this, someone please tell all the people spending money on gender targeted marketing.  

Note this is not a value judgment or a qualitative comparison.

This is logic, a rapidly depleting characteristic in today's society. 
    SovrathHatefull
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    I'm over 40 and I don't care if a mmorpg has twitch combat or slower, more tactical tab-targeting.  I just want decent rpg mechanics, and complex character building - when that is the focus the combat is usually fun regardless.  Without it the combat is crap, boring, and quickly gets old, repetitive and formulaic regardless.  

Before mmorpgs do anything to cater to any sub-demographic they need to focus on the main part of their acronym and focus on the major demographic - RPG fans.   
    AlBQuirky
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Kyleran said:
    Stop that! I may be mostly dead, but I'm not dead yet.

Yes, its true, not very good at twitch combat but that's more of a matter of preference rather than lack of ability in most games outside of pure shooters 

You know one of my best friends is a 48 year old female who my wife has often accused as being my "younger woman."

It's all relative....but never date a relative.

:D 
    Isn't this exactly what pantheon is?
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33
    lahnmir said:
    I know a few 50+ to 70+ players and they do play less twitchy games. Wiz101, Pirate 101, LOTRO, other RPGS.  They just accept they will never be in a "raiding" guild/clan in games like LOTRO.
    I played high level TSW dungeons with a 70+ guildie and these were brutal and twitchy. He rocked them. Another 60+ guildie I played WoW with (god bless her soul) was a high level raiding warlock in TBC and kicked ass. Just saying.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Neither is really twitch game play.