Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Hands On With the Dark & Glorious Necromancer - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageElder Scrolls Online: Hands On With the Dark & Glorious Necromancer - MMORPG.com

During Bethesda’s Game Days at PAX East, I finally got time to try the Necromancer in Elder Scrolls Online’s forthcoming Elsweyr chapter. I can say, with some trepidation, that the Necromancer may be the most interesting class Zenimax has ever imagined for their MMO.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I've got a captured video for this coming tomorrow too. :)
    IlayaRexKushmanMrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    "but there’s a kicker for a lot of the Necromancer skills - using them in front of townsfolk can make you wanted by the guards around town - just as if you stole something or killed someone."

That's a nice touch.
    HatefullIlayaJemAs666SinsaiJippiijooTokkenTacticalZombehnatpickValdheimRain_Deathravenand 1 other.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • lordnivek1lordnivek1 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Stopped playing this game when I found out my level 40 well geared toon did less damage then a level 1 with no gear.

I was attacking a mob near the starting city with my level 40. Then rolled a new level 1, and did more damage to it as the level 1 with no gear.

Hours of playing to become weaker.
    AlomarSlyLoKMensurIselinbgzgamerHluillZenJellyMrMelGibsonOzmodankinkyJalepenoand 2 others.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Stopped playing this game when I found out my level 40 well geared toon did less damage then a level 1 with no gear.

I was attacking a mob near the starting city with my level 40. Then rolled a new level 1, and did more damage to it as the level 1 with no gear.

Play WoW if you want your epeen stroked.
    PuReDusTRexKushmanMensurAlomarWhiskeydustR3d.GallowsSamhaelZenJellysquibblyFacelessSaviorand 3 others.
  • lordnivek1lordnivek1 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Play WoW if you want your epeen stroked.

The adults are talking. I think your looking for the reddit fornite forum Kajidourden.
    PuReDusTRexKushmanWhiskeydustSamhaelRoin[Deleted User]TacticalZombehZenJellysquibblyOzmodanand 3 others.
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 490
    edited April 2019
    Wyverns image
    AlomarSamhael[Deleted User]squibblyrkip
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Like really tomorrow or Aprils fools ha! I gotcha tomorrow?

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hatefull said:

Like really tomorrow or Aprils fools ha! I gotcha tomorrow?

Really! :D I just didn't have time to cut it together before today. :)
    IlayaRexKushmanIshkal

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

If you were weaker then you should stop playing games completely. Only if you stayed in way under leveled gear would I believe that and that would still be a stretch.
    AlomarBlueThunderBearSinsaisquibblyOzmodanSwamiOnTheMountain

Wyverns

Did you parade this with Skyrim as well? Get over it.
    AlomarZenJelly
  • ElalandElaland Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I'm as pumped as Bill is waiting to setup my Khajiti Necromancer. I think this is going to be a blast to play. I haven't had fun with a Necromancer since GW1. Already played with my ESO character setup settings so I know exactly how I will set him up to look, and the name I will use for him (always a lengthy process for me). This one will look forward to Bill's promised video tomorrow and will see you all in Elsweyr!
    DhampirZenJellyValdheim
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited April 2019

SlyLoK said:

If you were weaker then you should stop playing games completely. Only if you stayed in way under leveled gear would I believe that and that would still be a stretch.

It’s accurate. With the level scaling, your character ends up doing less damage the higher level you get. Until you get to max level, then you get your ass handed to you until you get some better gear and champion points.

ZenJellyOzmodanValdheimkinkyJalepenoSwamiOnTheMountain

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Some quests have you fight in cities. It will be interesting to see how they work this out. Still looking forward to making a Necro/vamp. :)

Palebane said:

SlyLoK said:

It’s accurate. With the level scaling, your character ends up doing less damage the higher level you get. Until you get to max level, then you get your ass handed to you until you get some better gear and champion points.

With all the gear sets that just drop in the wild and are awarded by questing, it's really easy to gear-up. I still don't need to craft in this game.
    SinsaiHluillOzmodan

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    The game just keeps growing and improving, I'm really looking forward to playing this in June.
    AlomarSinsaisquibblyRain_Deathraven

• Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 490

SlyLoK said:

Wyverns

LOL I couldn't care less. I just enjoy seeing who gets triggered by it. Got 1 so far. LOL
    AlomarrkipSwamiOnTheMountain
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • MurmaiderMurmaider Member UncommonPosts: 123
    So I'll probably hop back in to ESO when this expansion releases to see how it has come along. Plus the Necromancer sounds pretty sweet.

On another note, for some reason Lawrence Schick reminds me of this guy
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    SlyLoK said:

This certainly isn't the case "overall", Were fighting the exact same mob - whilst they are all cp160 some are far stronger than others. If so maybe it was RNG. Either way the reality is that a level 40 is not that much more powerful than a level 1. And whilst the boost that a level 40 gets is less than what a level 1 gets - on the basis that stat boosts have been applied, gear improved and new skills learnt - it remains very, very significant.

At the end of the day levelling in ESO is not fast. Its a long way from level 40 to cp160. In time however the gains kick in and there is absolutely no doubt that a level 1 might rule the roost. (Although a level 1 with many hundreds of cp points ......... )
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    gervaise1 said:
    SlyLoK said:

This certainly isn't the case "overall", Were fighting the exact same mob - whilst they are all cp160 some are far stronger than others. If so maybe it was RNG. Either way the reality is that a level 40 is not that much more powerful than a level 1. And whilst the boost that a level 40 gets is less than what a level 1 gets - on the basis that stat boosts have been applied, gear improved and new skills learnt - it remains very, very significant.

At the end of the day levelling in ESO is not fast. Its a long way from level 40 to cp160. In time however the gains kick in and there is absolutely no doubt that a level 1 might rule the roost. (Although a level 1 with many hundreds of cp points ......... )
    It's just the same tired, dumb, troll, shit some people have been posting since level scaling happened a couple of years ago. Either that or a truly clueless horrible player.

Mundus stones, food, set pieces that drop like candy and rounded out skill bars makes it so that a level 40 can't help but be tons better than a level 1.

mmolouSinsaiOzmodanFacelessSavior
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

SlyLoK said:

Wyverns

LOL I couldn't care less. I just enjoy seeing who gets triggered by it. Got 1 so far. LOL
    Can one of you explain it to me?  I don't even get what's going on.  I guess my internet nerd level is too low :(
    Roinsquibbly
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

You quit because the game got more challenging over time? Dude...
    Iselin said:
    gervaise1 said:
    SlyLoK said:

It's just the same tired, dumb, troll, shit some people have been posting since level scaling happened a couple of years ago. Either that or a truly clueless horrible player.

Mundus stones, food, set pieces that drop like candy and rounded out skill bars makes it so that a level 40 can't help but be tons better than a level 1.

I know that could be what it is but I'm trying to give @Jordnivek1 the benefit of the doubt..... 

It is hard to comprehend though how a person, even someone who has no real idea, can do less damage with a level 40 in gear than a level 1 without with no gear. You do get more powerful as you level. Period. The increments are tiny but they are very real even going from 1 to cp160 when the character boost is in operation.
    SinsaiOzmodan
    edited April 2019
    Lokero said:

SlyLoK said:

Wyverns

Can one of you explain it to me?  I don't even get what's going on.  I guess my internet nerd level is too low :(
    Well ..... based on the many archaeological digs and studies of prehistoric oral and written traditions handed down over millennia scholars believe that there must have been many types of "dragon". A classification has even been created - a simple version of which is shown in the diagram.

Purists contend that these scholars are wrong however and believe only in the purity of dragons.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    LokeroFacelessSaviorMaddog666rkip
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Cool. Another class to spam 5 skills over and over like a trained monkey because the devs are trash and wont let you share one weapon on both hotbars
    ZenJellysquibblyOzmodan

SlyLoK said:

Wyverns

If you couldn't care less you wouldn't have posted it.

And no. I just find it funny that you believe that your diagram means anything in the world and lore of the elder scrolls.
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

You quit because the game got more challenging over time? Dude...

He quit because he saw no reward for the time he invested in leveling his character, relative to a level 1 character who ran by and did just as much damage as his character.

Meme less. Comprehend more.
    squibblyViper482