Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fan Petition Convinces Bethesda to Immortalize 'Skyrim Granny' in Elder Scrolls 6 - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFan Petition Convinces Bethesda to Immortalize 'Skyrim Granny' in Elder Scrolls 6 - MMORPG.com News

This is no joke, folks. Bethesda has announced that 82-year-old Shirley "Skyrim Granny" Curry will be immortalized in Elder Scrolls 6. Curry is a prolific and experienced Skyrim player and streamer who was the subject of a petition by fans to see her included in the upcoming game. Over 50,000 signatures were collected and that got the attention of Bethesda's Todd Howard. "She will be immortalized in the game". The video for the series' 25th anniversary shows Curry visiting the studio.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Sovrathimmodium

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I love this and it makes this Monday morning that much happier. :) What an awesome move by Bethesda!
    SovrathimmodiumAsm0deusRain_DeathravenAmatheTuor7SabracJippiijoowingoodTacticalZombehand 1 other.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    It might not be a joke, but it could still be a lie. It's Todd we are talking about after all.
    Psym0nSiysrrilPhryM1K313K0CK
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Xarko said:
    It might not be a joke, but it could still be a lie. It's Todd we are talking about after all.
    Looks to be true after watching this video:

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    April Fool's day joke perhaps?
    Chamber of Chains
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    cheyane said:
    April Fool's day joke perhaps?
    Yes, because Elder Scrolls VI will never actually release.
    Psym0n
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Xarko said:
    She'll be the main antagonist of the new game.
    Xarko

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It is NOT an April Fool's joke. This is part of their 25th anniversary video. The petition is legit and her tweet came out last week.

Geez, you guys. Way to destroy some actually good gaming news for a change.
    SovrathShaihubyTillerAmatheMurmaidermrputtsSinsaiGorwe

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Yes this is a nice piece of news,a feelgood story.
    I guess they did this before to a cancer victim ....sigh,wonder if he got to see his player in game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Can't wait to steal all her sweet rolls and Skooma
    wingoodXarkoPhry
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Nice of them to do this for her.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    Man bethesda dug that pr hole with a shovel,but their filling it with a crane.
    Alomar
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    This is one of those threads where I wish the WTF choice took away imaginary points instead of giving them.
    Lokero
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Good thing this isn't being done for her with Star Citizen otherwise she'd never live to see it.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101

Ginaz said:

Good thing this isn't being done for her with Star Citizen otherwise she'd never live to see it.

Why do you people insist on dogging on Star Citizen? Nobody complained when Final Fantasy X took 10+ years to develop... nobody complained that every "live service" game took 5+ years to complete. Seriously, it's a dead horse and a false statement.

ENOUGH.
  • LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    At least SC is more playable than 76, no? Oh wait.... that's also made by Bethesda...
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Todd can say whatever he likes, but at the end of the day they are still using the same game engine for Elder Scrolls VI as they did for FO76, on that basis alone it will take a hell of a lot of persuasion to buy the game once it releases. :/
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited April 2019
    So this was achieved with 'photogrannytry?'

I'll see myself out.
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Phry said:
    Todd can say whatever he likes, but at the end of the day they are still using the same game engine for Elder Scrolls VI as they did for FO76, on that basis alone it will take a hell of a lot of persuasion to buy the game once it releases. :/
    Yup along with with a million other reasons- IF I end up buying ES6 (likely) it'll be from a used copy from gamestop in order to keep my money out of Bethesdas hands- Which is soooo sad because they were once my favorite game company.

I've bought every ES game within a month of release since Daggerfall- 

I do think this is really cool what they are doing here- it's PR but its good PR and its cool. Still doesnt change my mind regarding bethesda as a whole but... Its still really cool.