Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it after the patch?

Comments

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Tried it before it got killed (backed them twice) and it looked promising. Tried logging into the client again after the "relaunch" and I couldn't get in, no matter what I tried, as if my Kickstarter account was gone. Haven't bothered since, got enough to play as is.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
    lahnmir said:
    Tried it before it got killed (backed them twice) and it looked promising. Tried logging into the client again after the "relaunch" and I couldn't get in, no matter what I tried, as if my Kickstarter account was gone. Haven't bothered since, got enough to play as is.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Good day,
    I apologize, I just saw your comment. If you are having issues getting in, please go ahead and fill out a ticket. We are honouring all accounts and backers. So your account is still there.

You can go here ( https://therepopulation.com/support/help-desk/ticket-management ) and put in a ticket and someone will get you back in game in short order.

:)

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    I remember playing this before it launched but I don't remember if it was through a free access key or a paid backer account.  Either way, I liked the concept and am excited it is being brought back to life.  I will have to see if I am able to log in and do a little testing.  Everything I've seen so far looks good.
    I remember playing this before it launched but I don't remember if it was through a free access key or a paid backer account.  Either way, I liked the concept and am excited it is being brought back to life.  I will have to see if I am able to log in and do a little testing.  Everything I've seen so far looks good.
    Thanks for the support. If you are unable to log in please head over and fill out a ticket here: https://therepopulation.com/support/help-desk/ticket-management
    Someone will make sure you are up and playing again.

Please note that we have moved the game back to Alpha, so hoping back in game now is a great time as we are working on performance updates as well as content. This is a great time to join in on the discussions and be part of the development as a player.

Make sure you check out the news and updates page as well here: https://therepopulation.com/news and please feel free to comment or ask any questions you have!

ultimateduck
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    This has actually gotten alot better, if you own the game you should consider trying it out again.
    Octagon7711
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I might jump in an look around a bit

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Asheram said:
    This has actually gotten alot better, if you own the game you should consider trying it out again.
    Thanks Asheram. We are working hard, but still have a ways to go. Great thing with the community that plays and those on Discord is that they have helped us by giving great feedback and insight.

All are welcome to join. Come on back in and check out some of the back end work, as well as a few updated areas.  Of course, give feedback from current game play, your favourite features, up coming features as well as current art direction we are going towards.

• TheDoctor63TheDoctor63 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    I dunno, I just happened to stumble upon this thread and thought I would create an account to comment.  
    I have backed the game a time or few and my review of the game remains ever the same. I have gotten my ROI from the game many times over (even considering the number of accounts I have purchased for myself or gifted to others) despite the hiatus that the game suffered. 

Were there bugs? Are there bugs? Yup and yup.... right along with every other game I have played over the past 20 years.  Did the game take a direction which I didn't (and still don't) care for? Yeppers, but that's why they call it testing. Who knows, the new devs (once they have things a bit more sorted) might jump in a play the game and come around to a proper way of thinking with regard to harvesting of corpses and such. 

Is there a high player population?  NO...  Care to guess why?  Because people are just talking about it rather than actually trying it.  MMO games, without question, need a decent population in order for them to function as intended. I am as guilty as everyone else along these lines because I have been waiting to see the Actual patch from the new devs (every patch up until this point has been backtracking over old code and putting things to a place to make the game able to accept the newer HERO engine version).   

This coming patch (Soon™) should be that patch.  Personally; I say try it. 
    The crafting, alone, kicks most people's butts. AND you die.. you actually die to the mobs. That is unheard of in games today. Most MMO games I have played (way too many to list) I find myself at level 30... never having died... and in games like BDO, ESO, or AA I find myself there without having drunk health pots. 

NOTHING VENTURED.. NOTHING GAINED..   JUST SAYIN.
    Sarrene
    ... <snip> ...Who knows, the new devs (once they have things a bit more sorted) might jump in a play the game and come around to a proper way of thinking with regard to harvesting of corpses and such. 

... <snip> ...I am as guilty as everyone else along these lines because I have been waiting to see the Actual patch from the new devs (every patch up until this point has been backtracking over old code and putting things to a place to make the game able to accept the newer HERO engine version).  

... <snip> ...
    I am as guilty as everyone else along these lines because I have been waiting to see the Actual patch from the new devs (every patch up until this point has been backtracking over old code and putting things to a place to make the game able to accept the newer HERO engine version).
    Read more at https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469549/how-is-it-after-the-patch/p3#rkb8Z1VX12xiBQyZ.99

This coming patch (Soon™) should be that patch.  Personally; I say try it. 
    The crafting, alone, kicks most people's butts. AND you die.. you actually die to the mobs. That is unheard of in games today. Most MMO games I have played (way too many to list) I find myself at level 30... never having died... and in games like BDO, ESO, or AA I find myself there without having drunk health pots. 

NOTHING VENTURED.. NOTHING GAINED..   JUST SAYIN.
    I snipped your post a bit to keep it down. But first let me say Thank You!" for your honest reply. I agree with a lot of what you said and it is totally understandable.

Developer In Game Activity:
    I agree with you 110% about devs actually playing the game they are making. This is something that was taught to me many many years ago and I fully believe it. To know what you are designing and developing it is good to see it in action from a players point of view.

To let you and others know, we do get into game quite often with the players.

I generally make a weekly habit of doing so myself once a week (at least) on Sundays. I interact, ask questions, answer a lot of them, and even play right along side the players. The best way to see what needs adjusting or changing while keeping within the games original scope and vision from 2012 and before under ABT.

This past week I was on almost every night to fill in for a GM, and it gave me more time to meet more players and answer more questions. It also gave me a few nice ideas to help fill in a few systems we are revamping as well.

Patches and Updates:
    Regarding patches, we actually did release two of our own back to back that focused on combat revamp and fixes and two areas being redone.

The two areas being redeveloped from scratch due to the inability for players to be able to enter those two areas without massive lag. Since this was a main hub for many missions, it only made sense to redo those two so players could enter and play. A lot of optimizations went into both. Also added in a few of our own bits of art as well.

The combat got a few nice updates (nothing changed to the "action mode" sorry, that needs to be redesigned from the bottom up once we have the primary 3rd person and 1st person finished, tested and approved by the players. This changed or updated everything from targeting, LoS, auto targeting, and more. No more getting the constant and annoying "Target is out of range" or "Target is not in view" when it is standing right in front of you!

We have also done many hot patches and fixes as you had hinted towards to help make things a bit easier for players right now. We have, as you also mentioned, been working hard behind the scenes to get to the point to where we can start with regular game updates. The one for this year will be a good foundation for a lot more to come.

Anyways, if you are interested, please feel free to visit our News page to see what we are doing, working on, difficulties, and updates. We tend to post an update article average of once a month. You can find that here: https://therepopulation.com/news

We are also very active in Discord as well, so please feel free to stop by for a visit and just say hello. Link to our discord is on the top of menu bar on all of our pages.

Again, thank you very much for your reply TheDoctor63, it was much appreciated and honest.

:) Sarrene'

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Ill be checking out the games progress this week
    Seems they are making some progress now, just had a 2+ gb patch download. Hope it picks up speed.
    1/1/2020 patch notes  https://therepopulation.com/news/patchnotes/a-00-02-29

1/26/2020 patch notes https://therepopulation.com/news/patchnotes/a-00-02-33
  • ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,267
    Sarrene said:
    Thanks for the support. If you are unable to log in please head over and fill out a ticket here: https://therepopulation.com/support/help-desk/ticket-management
    Someone will make sure you are up and playing again.

Please note that we have moved the game back to Alpha, so hoping back in game now is a great time as we are working on performance updates as well as content. This is a great time to join in on the discussions and be part of the development as a player.

Make sure you check out the news and updates page as well here: https://therepopulation.com/news and please feel free to comment or ask any questions you have!

Odd that I just got this message notification. I really appreciate your reply. I will give it a shot tomorrow.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I have completely forgotten about this game lol.....It  was supposed to be the next great thing not that long ago, now pretty much an afterthought. Hope they can find a way to make it relevant.
    edited January 2020
    I have completely forgotten about this game lol.....It  was supposed to be the next great thing not that long ago, now pretty much an afterthought. Hope they can find a way to make it relevant.
    I agree, hopefully they can pull it together so it doesnt go the way of Fallen Earth.

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I backed this game years ago.  I can't believe it's still in development.  Recent Steam #'s:  3.2 average players, 15 peak.  How dead does a game have to get before it's abandoned?  Hope springs eternal, I guess.

https://steamcharts.com/app/322300
    strawhat0981
    I backed this game years ago.  I can't believe it's still in development.  Recent Steam #'s:  3.2 average players, 15 peak.  How dead does a game have to get before it's abandoned?  Hope springs eternal, I guess.

https://steamcharts.com/app/322300

Yes you are correct! Without hope, nothing would ever get done in life. Hope plus realism and work helps move things along. Just the same with game development.

We purchased the game from ABT in 2017. Spent the first 18 months going over the game: Documentation of systems, documentation of bugs and issues and started our design process. All that (not so) fun stuff.

We did drop the game back down to Alpha due to the amount of work that was needed.
    We have pushed several updates, patches and hot fixes in the meantime. The one on New years was a very big update and a stress test to help isolate some of the larger troubling bugs. The players were great in reporting and helping out and helped with the stress test (assets, overhead, etc).

Yesterday we made another push that fixed one of the primary issues of the crashing. Please feel free to hop back in and check things out. The old "Mainland" is still present, however we do have a new starter island. Anyone that had backed or purchased the game under ABT still has their accounts (plus one extra character slot).

OLD: Current Mainland (the old map) is still in its original state minus PCC nd Ghetti Gorge. We rebuilt those because of major crashing issues when players would get near those two areas. They are now rebuilt and playable.

New: New Starter Island. (Yes another new starter area, but our first one.) This will be permanent. The areas are packed and being used as a stress test bed, which everything we do and build for here will be applied when we do the new World Revamp.

Please let us know what you think of the new Island. I welcome any constructive criticism. After all, that is what has helped us get to this point now.

Regards,
    Sarrene'

strawhat0981
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Well, damn. Ill download and hop in some time today. 

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Wasn't this game a cross between anarchy online and swg? Time to do some reading!
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    How have you kept the lights on for the last 3 years? A peak of 20 people on steam charts!

I just keep expecting to see it shut down.

How is this still going with 5 players? No way you are making any money.
    Gdemami

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited April 2020
    Nilden said:
    How have you kept the lights on for the last 3 years? A peak of 20 people on steam charts!

There’s no way they could keep the lights on and development going without income. Emus even have to charge money to ge... hmm. 
    edited April 2020
    Nilden said:

We have additional revenue coming in from other business sources for HE and TGS.  We are a small team, but also quite stubborn and passionate about both HE and Repop.

I view Repop as a game in development, hence why when we purchased it, we brought it back to Alpha due to the amount of work needed.

From a business stance, we will have to see how things go between the current Covid-19 issues that are affecting everyone, and most of all, how the game is received once we get to early to mid Beta. But I have hope :D 80% of Repop's future is up to us and development, 10% is up to marketing (still us) and 10% the players (If they like how it turns out or not).

Once we move into a later Alpha phase (or early Beta) we do plan on opening up micro transactions for cosmetics and such (no P2W junk). However, I will not open up any upgrade packages or micro transactions until we can support that and players get what they pay for. It is only fair not to sell promises for something in the future.

On a side note, this is also  a great working application to see how HE performs and plan changes and additions for HE3 (after HE2.5). So it is not a loss right now. Between the players and the experience, it is beneficial.

Of course, i am hoping for a positive outcome for Repop. I was an early backer way before i ever joined the HE team. So I also want to see this successful. It is the main reason why we bought it.

PS: Here is our last update and information on what has changed with the update and what we are aiming for:
    News update: https://therepopulation.com/news/updates/game-update-optimizations
    Patch notes: https://therepopulation.com/news/patchnotes/a-00-02-41-patch-notes

Nilden
    Just to let you guys and gals that are following the game know, we pushed another update today. To view our progress, what we are doing and changes, feel free to check out our site news and join us in Discord any time.

I welcome all constructive feedback positive or negative. I only ask that people be respectful. After all, it is the input from players that helps us make this game and make it better!

• HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    Why Sarrene, why. 
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I'm amazed this is still going.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/