Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Community in an Uproar Over Shadow Arena Hackers & False Bans - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• DarkHighDarkHigh Member UncommonPosts: 157
    BDO is proof that we need a new AAA MMORPG. It's popular because it is pretty and it has action combat. I may be wrong but I believe it's also the newest high budget release in the west for the genre. Not counting bless cause well... you know...
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    DMKano said:
    Chaserz said:
    Black Desert is a delightful, robust, incredibly beautiful MMO. If you haven't played it before don't let the initial startup turn you off (like it did me, twice.) Most of the negative comments here are just people that don't like the game. While it is a PvP capable, it's not a gankfest either. I'm lvl 56. PvP starts at lvl 40. I've never been attacked once. If you want to quest you turn your PvP flag off and 99.5% of the players respect that. Easy peazy. Don't give any credence to the care bears posting comments.

There is a lot to like about this game. The lifeskills alone are great fun. The combat, amazing and the classes are very powerful all in their own ways.

PvP starts at level 50, not 40.

Sorry but at level 56 you haven't seen the actual game yet. Come back here when you hit 60+ at least and are in all TET boss gear + TET accessories. 

PVP as a 56 = you have zero chance 

Your entire post reads as someone who is a noob to the game "all classes are powerful in their own ways" - lol so wrong. 

There's noob PvE (1-56), solo high end PvE (hystria, akman etc...), group PvE, solo PvP, small scale PvP, and large scale PvP.

There are about 3 classes that are very good at all of the above.

Please....
    Which three?

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I left BDO despite having fun at the time, when I decided I would like to make an alt and realised how alt-hostile the cash shop of that game is. 

Lesson learned, never play an mmorpg that does not offer a subscription option.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited April 2019
    lol @ false bans.

always love those "why am i banned, i haven't done anything!!!!" guys.
    sure sure ;)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• TromokrataTromokrata Newbie CommonPosts: 8
    Thane said:
    lol @ false bans.

always love those "why am i banned, i haven't done anything!!!!" guys.
    sure sure ;)
    I'm not banned but my wife is faulty banned,I hope one day you will feel what she's feeling atm to be accused of something she didn't do
    Next banwave is coming
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    edited April 2019
    Normally if we have new people I do a welcome to the boards post, but the newcomers in this thread are all saying the bans were implemented unfairly.

So doing that post would seem a bit facetious, instead I must say you have changed my mind somewhat. We do not normally have this many new people in a thread about bans, so I think BDO may well have overstepped the mark here. But they have a right to ban and I cannot see how you sift the genuine complaints from the false ones so maybe time to move onto a new game, as bitter a pill as that is?
  • gago889gago889 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    LOL? deep inside you all know that it'll happen, manything wrong with BDO from the very begining, you guy just let its outstanding graphic fool . A good game is a game have a good graphic but still fun when ppl play it with lowest setting, ask yourself if you set BDO lowest setting, do you still play it? How can you guy waste a thousand of hours and dollar to play such game like that.

Do you still see a great combat system lol ! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hcUDPMV5fg

• DudeskioDudeskio Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Scot said:
    Normally if we have new people I do a welcome to the boards post, but the newcomers in this thread are all saying the bans were implemented unfairly.

So doing that post would seem a bit facetious, instead I must say you have changed my mind somewhat. We do not normally have this many new people in a thread about bans, so I think BDO may well have overstepped the mark here. But they have a right to ban and I cannot see how you sift the genuine complaints from the false ones so maybe time to move onto a new game, as bitter a pill as that is?
    Sadly, I agree.  At this point my fight is more about vindication.  I will definitely be moving on to greener pastures once ( if ) this is resolved.
    Scot
  • PoebaoPoebao Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    @GM Rhotaaz even posted on Reddit that he does not look into account data before applying bans and that this was the first banwave that they did look into account data, which I doubit is true, because two days later they were admitting the mess they made.
    @GM Rhotaaz even posted on Reddit that he does not look into account data before applying bans and that this was the first banwave that they did look into account data, which I doubit is true, because two days later they were admitting the mess they made.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Ban first, ask questions later!
    RenoakuHatefull
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yeah it does suck but with online games it seems people are guilty before innocent );, I really do hope the innocent people get their accounts back.
    LokeroHatefull
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Renoaku said:
    Yeah it does suck but with online games it seems people are guilty before innocent );, I really do hope the innocent people get their accounts back.
    And, given how many times we've seen them later admit they screwed up, it's a bit unfair to assume everyone is lying.
    GW2 did the same thing not very long ago.  Pretty sure every MMO has banned innocents at some point.
  • BDOIsAjokeBDOIsAjoke Newbie CommonPosts: 2

Siris23 said:

Ksan8ia said:

I am one of the victims of the faulty ban wave during the March 27th maintenance. Black Desert Online is a game which I play since June, playing nonstop .( till today almost 7000 hours)

I'd just like to point out that between June 1st of last year and March 27th is exactly 7200 hours, so you've been "playing" BDO on average almost 23.33 hours EVERYDAY!

Disclaimer: I do not play BDO so I do not know if this is normal, but 97%+ up-time seems a little excessive for game time, especially when you factor in the weekly maintenance.

This is normal, they allow AFK activities so there is huge incentive to be online and logged in 24-7
  • krgwynnekrgwynne Member UncommonPosts: 119
    this game was ok what killed it for me is the gambling stile gear lvling after 15+ and the fact rng is retarded in this game.plus way to many cheats since day one.
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,974
    krgwynne said:
    this game was ok what killed it for me is the gambling stile gear lvling after 15+ and the fact rng is retarded in this game.plus way to many cheats since day one.
    I have not yet mentioned if you did get banned there are better games than BDO out there. The item levelling system which needs grinding beyond belief or the selling of items you bought from the cash shop at the auction house really brings the whole game down.
    Where is comment from kakao games?