Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crytek Filing Lawsuit Against CIG

Comments

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    That's what the peeps with deep pockets do. They keep the case going long enough for the other side to run out of money...

Gut Out!
    Octagon7711Gdemami

What, me worry?

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Gutlard said:
    That's what the peeps with deep pockets do. They keep the case going long enough for the other side to run out of money...

Gut Out!
    Ah, the Disney/Microsoft method......
    Octagon7711Gdemami

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Looks like deadline has been extended to Jan 17 to file the amended complaint
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!
    And with ongoing court fees, the judge allows it. Such a crap system.
    Gdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Gutlard said:

Gut Out!
    And with ongoing court fees, the judge allows it. Such a crap system.
    That is how Sandblaster/Creative ran Aureal out of town and why nobody should support that scum.

Same goes for Nvidia,they ran 3dfx out of town.Nvidia lobbied in the courts arguing over patents.Not sure if many realize that a patent can be contested for up to a year.

The problem in this dispute between CIG and Crytek is Crytek realized they were duped way too long after signing an agreement and all the courts look at is legal paper work,they don't care about morals.
    There lies my opinion,i feel 100% CIG was up to no good,had a nice angle to dupe Crytek for a nice cheap license and do whatever they feel like with it.Such is life,Crytek learns the hard way and likely why they struggled to make money all these years,poor management and crappy lawyers.
    OdeezeeGdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    LOL NEITHER of them have any money. Its obvious now why they were doing all the underhanded shit they were doing. When youre going broke and are literally relying on handouts to finish something you raised 10 times more than you claimed you needed its amazing they havent started robbing banks yet.
    ErillionBabuinixOdeezeeGdemami
    Update to the ongoing lawsuit

Crytek opts to not amend the complaint but reserves the right to amend it at a later date in the trial

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437/gov.uscourts.cacd.696437.52.0.pdf

It’s time to move onto the other parts of the lawsuit that the judge allowed through and see what kind of shenanigans comes out of it
    Octagon7711
    CI(not G) have filed an response to Cryteks amended complaint from August 2018. Sounds like someone is trying to delay discovery as long as possible. Although if the judge already ordered them then this won’t stop it.

https://www.docdroid.net/WPfo6Rw/crytek-gmbh-v-cloud-imperium-games-corp-et-al-cacdce-17-08937-00530.pdf#page=17
    MadFrenchie
    https://www.docdroid.net/NRDf1Rh/schedule-of-pretrial-and-trial-dates.pdf

List of all the pre trial and trial dates for this lovely case.

and in typical stalling fashion CI(not G) have filed for a litigation bond against Crytek. They should be in discovery by now but I assume this is just a way to try and force Crytek into a settlement or to stall discovery further
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    " There's Blood in the Water "
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    edited March 2019
    Elsabolts said:
    " There's Blood in the Water "
    If there is it must be bought out of the cash shop.They have plans in 2025 to upgrade that bloody water to Champagne and costs $5 to have a single goblet of the drink.First you must buy the Goblet and if you want attachments like a handle and some diamonds imprinted it's only an extra $335.50
    If you get caught driving your ship though that water,you have to buy 3 more ships from the cash shop at $128 each and donate $150 to the Chris Roberts relief fund.

In 2030  during our Alpha 239.6785467777 version update we will be upgrading the Champagne to Caviar and only costs $499 to sail through it,but no cloaking systems allowed,they have to check your ship to make sure you have spent enough money on it otherwise you are not allowed passage.

Stay tuned,in 2040 further enhancements incoming,please pledge $75 to add these new enhancements,each pledge will receive a free look at chris Robert's bank account numbers....nah just kidding his money is in offshore accounts but he can gladly sell yo ua ship that'll take you to those offshore accounts where he has another cash shop setup..for your convenience of course.

craftseeker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited March 2019
    Kefo said:
    ...They should be in discovery by now...
    Says :smile: who? The armchair laywers?

After armchair dev's, armchair financial experts we have the armchair Layers it seems :D

Oh well, I guess is another hill for the haters to die on tbh lol
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

After armchair dev's, armchair financial experts we have the armchair Layers it seems :D

No it’s called the judges order. Now please go away if all you’re going to do is try and bait people
    craftseeker
    edited March 2019
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

No it’s called the judges order. Now please go away if all you’re going to do is try and bait people
    So which judge ordered a discovery?
    Post edited by Babuinix on
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    Judges orders are NOT final and not even considered always accurate decisions.
    Often in the world of law money sways decisions one way or the other.Also LACK of enough proof forces a weak decision.
    Then we have credibility,unless someone wants to TRY and argue the point,not one single person on this planet is god enough to render a decision based on credibility which is nothing more than an OPINION.

Opinions are NOT accurate assessments yet they are used in forming legal decisions,yep welcome to the imperfect sad world we live in when others can simply form an opinion and it becomes binding and legal.
    Gdemami

edited March 2019
    Then if it goes back to the courts based on some abnormalities found by a new legal team,it is yet again based on opinionated decisions..lol.
    I was just reading a decision made by a judge that at least imo was entirely an inaccurate decision because credibility,a cop versus a councillor.
    The information revealed seemed pretty obvious to me that the cop was lying and fabricated a BS story but judges cannot simply go around discrediting cops or a LOT of backlash comes from a VERY powerful union.

My point is often a judges decision is not only inaccurate but can even appear UNJUST to the point even judges should be scrutinized and monitored to make sure they are acting in the best interest of the law and the people and not just siding with the POWER side.

edited March 2019
    BTW people do know who one of Chris Robert's business partners is right?His brother is one yeesssssssss and......likely his wife if she is even his wife idk.....AND.....?A LAWYER ,how convenient,must have figured he was going to need a steady partner who knew how he operated inside and out.
    Gdemami

edited March 2019
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    Source on Judge Dolly M Gee ordering that discovery, pretty please o:)
  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    Don't bother. There is no source. With Kefo there are no sources. Just rambling and wishful thinking.
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    Look through all the links I’ve posted here or others have posted
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    I just did, nowhere did Judge Dolly M Gee ordered a discovery!

So...Source pplease!? :)
    EponyxDamor
    Shodanas said:
    Babuinix said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    Don't bother. There is no source. With Kefo there are no sources. Just rambling and wishful thinking.
    0/10 attempt at trolling. Please stick to the topic and stop trying to derail or bait
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:
    Babuinix said:
    Kefo said:

Judge Dolly M Gee
    Source?
    I just did, nowhere did Judge Dolly M Gee ordered a discovery!

So...Source pplease!? :)
    Well I could pull a bunny rabbit and tell you to google it yourself but just for shits and giggles here you go

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/6256484/crytek-gmbh-v-cloud-imperium-games-corp/?order_by=desc
    craftseeker
This discussion has been closed.