Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Community in an Uproar Over Shadow Arena Hackers & False Bans - MMORPG.com

Comments

• TromokrataTromokrata Newbie CommonPosts: 8

Renoaku said:

Yes but the cheaters can't really do much to a game like if you make trial accounts and cheat the most you can do is send the gold to other  players or buy your own items off the market house I guess over time un-checked it could cause inflation but there is no real benefits to cheating because its obviously going to get banned.

What if cheater has bin in party and others pick up items and have all the benefits. For any 3 kills on SA
    cheater have new account lets get banned.

cheating is cheating but why they banned life skill ppl and they repeat that "The bans on the affected accounts have now been overturned."That never happen.
  • PoebaoPoebao Newbie CommonPosts: 9
    Yet they banned one of cheater called barcode for one day because he got unban and yet he will get recompense
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited March 2019

Renoaku said:

Yes but the cheaters can't really do much to a game like if you make trial accounts and cheat the most you can do is send the gold to other  players or buy your own items off the market house I guess over time un-checked it could cause inflation but there is no real benefits to cheating because its obviously going to get banned.

What if cheater has bin in party and others pick up items and have all the benefits. For any 3 kills on SA

cheater have new account lets get banned.

Oh I see what you mean like have an alternate account in there while paying for 3rd party services, or using one of their own accounts from a different machine / IP address to cheat / hack and kill everyone or open containers or whatever.

I mean yeah that's possible but PA has two options.

A.) Do what Albion did and ban everyone for being suspects at cheating even players who spent thousands of dollars on the game possibly banning innocents.

B.) Manually investigate everyone for cheating, account history etc and only ban those guilty, or those constantly partying up with known hackers every single day for example, or review messages and such in-game as well as IP logs, and MAC Addresses, but hey this only goes so far because people can have more than one IP address by buying two different ISP's easily from home I did this before and running multiple pc's I did this before but not for cheating.

If they don't investigate properly innocent people get hurt, and hackers can also i'd assume random match-make and cheat so banning everyone in the party because of one cheater without their knowledge harms innocent people too.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?attachments/hacker1cens-jpg.154491/

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?attachments/hacker2cens-jpg.154493/

Also as shown in those screen caps is totally ignorant for someone to do this and actually chat in-game about buying currency, or cheating because PA can review it but people will be stupid I Guess its a good thing if they get banned or caught no one wants cheaters but still dumb thing to do.

I want to see these cheaters gone too, I've only done shadow arena a few times because I found it boring, but these cheating scumbags ruin it even more to the point where i'd rather play PUBG.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I keep saying two ideas in gaming right now need to go permanently.
    Pvp and bragging systems create a terrible atmosphere for gaming,you will ALWAYS 100% of the time have some form of cheating within a pvp structure and if there are bragging rights,ladders,ranks it is even worse.
    If you feel a must to have pvp then take away ALL rewards,that way you know the people left are there for the fun value and greatly lowers the chance of cheating.
    The problem is developers use the carrot on a stick to bait players in and to keep them there spending money.

Of late we have seen a bit of talk about TOXIC players/community yet guess who keeps feeding off of them?The developers,they put it out there to make more money,they create the problem then pretend to be against it.
    We have enough crap going on in the world,i don't need to go into some fun hobby and see more crap.IDC about your pvp or your rank or your guild's ranking or yoru world first and idc about your speed run.So many seem to be playing games just to brag about something.Get the hell off my boat,IDC about the me me me me look at me.

Pretty simple really,remove the REASON to cheat and guess what...

AlomarSolancer

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    This is why alot of us don't want PVP in our MMOs.....
    AlomarChaserzAsm0deusinfomatzSolancerCitizenX007
    Imagine what could be if in bdo trade would be actually available. 1b/day, 30b/month and ypu wear full pen items. I never understood what is so fun to cheat and ruin game to others
  • Ksan8iaKsan8ia Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I am one of the victims of the faulty ban wave during the March 27th maintenance. Black Desert Online is a game which I play since June, playing nonstop .( till today almost 7000 hours), after all the love, time and thousands of dollars we have spend into this game with my husband, I was still unfairly banned for no reason. My husband account so far is ok same IP almost same PC too.
    I am average player never PVP never SA or trial account a bit of life skills sometimes afk processing, cooking, fishing nothing to exiting and a bit of quests to newbie to do something else, not really focusing one gear or other stuff which was very enough for my. Just to have something to do after hours spending at work.
    The real problem is that although I have been faulty banned for the third party usage no one really explain to me exactly what does't it mean.
    I send already so many tickets and emails some not even related to the topic and I get the same copy spam answer. So is mean no one even read the emails o ticket content , which make me feel that no one even check my account. I did nothing wrong Black Desert Online is my life and is too important to throw away with something like cheating which I didn't even no is possible until Wednesday.
    GM Rhotazz went out to say that Steam user bans would be overturned I am still banned with some others Steam users EU/NA platform and there was another ban wave today. I don't really understand what they are doing and if they are doing something to help ....
    Life2v
    Due to a technical issue, we identified an anomaly in the data used to determine the banwave that predominately affected Steam users and caused full accounts to be incorrectly flagged as trial accounts.

As this was the first time we targeted trial accounts, previous banwaves are unaffected.

The bans on the affected accounts have now been overturned.
    #565GM Rhotaaz, Friday at 3:10 AM

"The bans on the affected accounts have now been overturned." once again, nothing like that happened
    Update 30th March:

With our recent attempts to combat the prevalent use of third party software, we attempted to strengthen our criteria to provide a better environment for our adventurers. However, many accounts were incorrectly banned due to an error in the data. We unbanned the ones we initially verified on 28th March and have been reviewing the full data since then.

After finishing the full review and data verification, we have taken the following actions:

Removed the permanent ban on the falsely flagged accounts that were newly discovered by our investigation.
    Applied a permanent ban to additional 376 accounts.
    We understand that our mistake has caused high amounts of stress and we sincerely apologise for the error. We promise to improve our internal procedures to prevent such issues. Compensation to all wrongly affected adventurers will be sent shortly, and again, we are deeply sorry for the confusion and inconvenience that we have caused.

-BDO Team
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/banwave-update-on-follow-up-measures.428601/
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/582660/announcements/detail/1720845946877841455
    [psyko] charizard 1 hour ago
    My friend got falsely banned on March 27th. I send a ticket for him and I got banned as well. That is really good attitude to show how sorry you are. I will take your apology and I admit that I used a third party program which called STEAM. Thank you for releasing me from your trash game. BTW, do not copy and paste to reply our ticket, upgrade your AI or let your dogs be smart.
    Life2v
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823

Scot said:

DMKano said:

OhhPaigey said:

This game can never escape the drama I swear!  :D

It's because the game is heavily gear based - and to have the best gear takes hundreds of billions of silver. 

Best way to amass billions- hack.

This is why hackers have infested Shadow Arena - because of the huge payouts. SA is currently the fastest money in BDO.

99% of all hacking in BDO has the same purpose - getting as much money as possible so that one could afford those tet and pen accessories 

You do realise you are making a case for subscription only with no money sink items? Naturally I agree. :)

The horse has bolted, don't worry about closing that stable door, lol

"Paying for advantage" has become the norm these days, nobody raises an eyebrow over that anymore.

If it was a pure sub game, there'd just be a very brisk RMT "black market", and all the hacking shenanigans would continue unabated...
    You are quite right, gaming ethos has been supplemented by commercial ethos, but I do think you can create games which are fairer even today. Having bind on purchase to accounts, no way to transfer gold between players etc. would help with what you mention. But the hacking would always be an uphill struggle, yes.
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    Black Desert is a delightful, robust, incredibly beautiful MMO. If you haven't played it before don't let the initial startup turn you off (like it did me, twice.) Most of the negative comments here are just people that don't like the game. While it is a PvP capable, it's not a gankfest either. I'm lvl 56. PvP starts at lvl 40. I've never been attacked once. If you want to quest you turn your PvP flag off and 99.5% of the players respect that. Easy peazy. Don't give any credence to the care bears posting comments.

There is a lot to like about this game. The lifeskills alone are great fun. The combat, amazing and the classes are very powerful all in their own ways.
    Life2v
    Game by itself is great and beautiful, yes. But devs are shit, all of them should be fired. They dont treat community as customers, they dont try to help.
    Life2v
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Chaserz said:
    Black Desert is a delightful, robust, incredibly beautiful MMO. If you haven't played it before don't let the initial startup turn you off (like it did me, twice.) Most of the negative comments here are just people that don't like the game. While it is a PvP capable, it's not a gankfest either. I'm lvl 56. PvP starts at lvl 40. I've never been attacked once. If you want to quest you turn your PvP flag off and 99.5% of the players respect that. Easy peazy. Don't give any credence to the care bears posting comments.

There is a lot to like about this game. The lifeskills alone are great fun. The combat, amazing and the classes are very powerful all in their own ways.
    You just managed to completely ignore the topic of this thread.

You would do very well in a PR department.
    Life2vLokero
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388

Ksan8ia said:

I am one of the victims of the faulty ban wave during the March 27th maintenance. Black Desert Online is a game which I play since June, playing nonstop .( till today almost 7000 hours)

I'd just like to point out that between June 1st of last year and March 27th is exactly 7200 hours, so you've been "playing" BDO on average almost 23.33 hours EVERYDAY!

Disclaimer: I do not play BDO so I do not know if this is normal, but 97%+ up-time seems a little excessive for game time, especially when you factor in the weekly maintenance.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Siris23 said:

Ksan8ia said:

I am one of the victims of the faulty ban wave during the March 27th maintenance. Black Desert Online is a game which I play since June, playing nonstop .( till today almost 7000 hours)

I'd just like to point out that between June 1st of last year and March 27th is exactly 7200 hours, so you've been "playing" BDO on average almost 23.33 hours EVERYDAY!

Disclaimer: I do not play BDO so I do not know if this is normal, but 97%+ up-time seems a little excessive for game time, especially when you factor in the weekly maintenance.
    It might seem like a lot but it is possible, personally i use 'downtime' when not playing it actively to either do more training with the combat dummy's or afk fishing for shards. Don't know about the bans or anything about the arena as its not something i have any experience of as i have never tried the shadow arena, nor am ever likely to  :/
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    You better start thinking instead of complaining when you have 4 digit deposits in a shitty game.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• deusdeadeusdea Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    People who are affected and supporters, my friend has reached out to Young Yea via twitter to help voice our concerns. He has sent him links of the current controversy and issues Kakao has created after this banwave. Please help push this forward and reach out to him.
    Life2v
  • ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Boring game. count yourself lucky if you are one of hose banned.
  • DudeskioDudeskio Newbie CommonPosts: 3

deusdea said:

People who are affected and supporters, my friend has reached out to Young Yea via twitter to help voice our concerns. He has sent him links of the current controversy and issues Kakao has created after this banwave. Please help push this forward and reach out to him.

I've reached out to YongYea and a ton of others. Hopefully someone takes notice.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited April 2019

Scot said:

Lets hope our anonymous tipsters don't get banned. :)

For me there is always going to be some fallout over tackling hacking, some people will get their accounts banned that were innocent. But they have to act, it is just a matter of how many mistakes they make.

We know that hackers always kick up a fuss about bans; it was never them, what they were doing was not really cheating, everybody does it.

So when you see "I Am Innocent" threads I always take them with a large pinch of salt...and the way they are often written means you are going to get that salt anyway. :)

So how do you know when the complaints are genuine? You don't there's the rub.

But sometimes people are innocent, even though there are many liars, and what would be great is if the GM's of BDO, would post public proof of everyone who cheated with a list and evidence, In fact I wish every game did this to shame cheaters.

I was reading and a lot of people using Steam were banned because of the Trial Accounts thing.

Siris23 said:

Ksan8ia said:

Exactly, because you don't play BDO you don't know much of what's happening in there. My character is online all the time with some afk stuff you can do, when I'm sleeping or at work. The game allow you to do this so I really don't see the problem here.
    edited April 2019
    Renoaku said:

Scot said:

Lets hope our anonymous tipsters don't get banned. :)

For me there is always going to be some fallout over tackling hacking, some people will get their accounts banned that were innocent. But they have to act, it is just a matter of how many mistakes they make.

We know that hackers always kick up a fuss about bans; it was never them, what they were doing was not really cheating, everybody does it.

So when you see "I Am Innocent" threads I always take them with a large pinch of salt...and the way they are often written means you are going to get that salt anyway. :)

So how do you know when the complaints are genuine? You don't there's the rub.

But sometimes people are innocent, even though there are many liars, and what would be great is if the GM's of BDO, would post public proof of everyone who cheated with a list and evidence, In fact I wish every game did this to shame cheaters.

I was reading and a lot of people using Steam were banned because of the Trial Accounts thing.

Unfortunately , they did unfairly banned a lot of ppl  from steam and others which were not The Trial Account and every one get the same copy/spam replay. I don't believe that they really check in person any of our log to see who was cheating. They admit that they made the mistake but we don't see any improvements with this situation and that is very frustrating experience