Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oberon is the ultimate PVE update

BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
There are no words to describe how much the last update improved the PVE parts of the game. Seems to be perfect timing too with F2P right around the corner.

Anyone previously concerned about PVP, the grind or not having enough rewarding PVE activities to do should be concerned no longer.

I was saying in another thread how it's possible to play this game soley as a PVE game but this update has now made that easier without having to take the longer road like I was doing.

The new dungeons give an amazing amount of fame and loot drop rewards the same or better than any arpg out there because the drops can be sold then put toward your monthly subscription. Even the t4 dungeons(in PVE zones) give t6 artifact gear components and they don't skimp either. You really don't even need a monthly sub with the amount of fame these new dungeons give.

If you are looking for a multiplayer PVE MMORPG/Arpg experience this is not a game you want to write off because of the original "PVP Game" label. It has transformed into a great PVE game and these developer's have proven to me that they 'get it' on many different levels.

This game now basically has it all PVE, PVP, crafting, housing, meaningful progression, great rewards for sub, developers intent on improving their game more with each update.

Here are some tips if you are intending to go the full PVE route.

-choose Thetford as your home. Thetford is surrounded by 2 t4 zones, 1 t5 and 1 t3. The t4 dungeon zone locations are very close to the city for easy loot drop off purposes. Also for crafting it is ideal because just one or two zones away in each direction has all the resources you need minus black zone ones but those you can get from the AH. Thetford since beta has also had a constant presence of high tier public crafters in the town while some other towns have not. These are needed for higher tier crafting.
It is also far enough away from Carleon that PVPers do not go there so the pvp 'vibe' is non-existant if that is what bothers you.
-try out all the green versions of weapons and armor to decide which one, two, three you enjoy most and focus on leveling those.
-find a friendly no-ego PVE guild. You can ask on the forums, recruit channel or in your town.

If you have any other questions about how to go full PVE feel free to ask here or in PM.
Renoaku

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited March 2019
    Not really a PvE game even after this update. Certainly not a solo game. Still Pvp-centric.
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• JangletoothJangletooth Newbie CommonPosts: 11
    I got a trial key and played a few times, not long.  I like some of the elements, but am having hard time getting used to the isometric view.  (I read somewhere that isometric may be the wrong word)

I think the sounds and music are wonderful though.  Especially the sounds.  I get annoyed when big name mmos ignore birds and crickets, and other natural sounds.  

I will likely purchase this game but still on the fence.  I can't handle loud young people insulting and behaving poorly in social games.  It makes me feel guilty for being part of the community as a grown adult.  I hope that is not part of Albion's social aspect.   I'll try to play some more and enjoy things without any presupposition.  There are some cool features so far that seem to suit my style.  I just hope the maps arent all choke points for pvp guilds to camp.  Too new to have experienced that yet.

I'm going to purchase project gorgon as well.  It is great pve game, so Albion might be a good companion mmo to also play in tandem. 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I wonder if I remember how to play. I think I ended up with a pyro staff + mage cloth.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Tokken said:
    Not really a PvE game even after this update. Certainly not a solo game. Still Pvp-centric.
    If that is so then I'm out. 

I think it's perfectly fine if the game is intended for pvp guilds only.  Is simply not for me if that is the only way to play the game.  But there are other games to suit my style....

To be clear, I don't mind being killed in open world pvp at all, and I like the idea of risk versus reward.  But I've seen hive mentality at its worse, and competition plus forced grouping seem to only breed disdainful players.  I'm not sure if I know of any forced pvp group game that doesn't have at least some controversy, or blatant examples of people being shitty to one another.

Hopefully some good sandparks come out this year, and not in early access.  
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    edited March 2019
    Tokken said:
    If that is so then I'm out. 

I think it's perfectly fine if the game is intended for pvp guilds only.  Is simply not for me if that is the only way to play the game.  But there are other games to suit my style....

To be clear, I don't mind being killed in open world pvp at all, and I like the idea of risk versus reward.  But I've seen hive mentality at its worse, and competition plus forced grouping seem to only breed disdainful players.  I'm not sure if I know of any forced pvp group game that doesn't have at least some controversy, or blatant examples of people being shitty to one another.

Hopefully some good sandparks come out this year, and not in early access.  
    The perfect attitude to have. I hate it when people bash on games clearly no made for them. 

I played when it released and it’s not terrible but I’ve never been able to play this isometric style. Never got into UO for the same reason. I need first or third person. 
    Post edited by Kilrain on
    Well, I kept a good attitude and right into logging in got bugged in lymhurst.  A player immediately helped me out and then invited me to a guild.  From what i learned is that the game is even more group oriented since the Oberon update, but now has many more quality of life and PVE features. 

So guild pvp is a big part of it, but I'm going to go ahead and get the game despite.  I might just enjoy it, but also I've been told that PVP is still less than the PVE aspect, and the game is no longer nearly as "grindy."  We'll see.  It's not too expensive, and guess it goes free to play in April.  Will be fun to experiment and broaden my mmo horizons :)  Ill try to update my comments if this thread still going after I get a day or two in game.  

I am already getting used to the isometric view.  But do prefer 3rd person.  I'm sure ill enjoy the advantages of this type of view once i get more time in.
    BruceYeeTokken
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Well, I kept a good attitude and right into logging in got bugged in lymhurst.  A player immediately helped me out and then invited me to a guild.  From what i learned is that the game is even more group oriented since the Oberon update, but now has many more quality of life and PVE features. 

So guild pvp is a big part of it, but I'm going to go ahead and get the game despite.  I might just enjoy it, but also I've been told that PVP is still less than the PVE aspect, and the game is no longer nearly as "grindy."  We'll see.  It's not too expensive, and guess it goes free to play in April.  Will be fun to experiment and broaden my mmo horizons :)  Ill try to update my comments if this thread still going after I get a day or two in game.  

I am already getting used to the isometric view.  But do prefer 3rd person.  I'm sure ill enjoy the advantages of this type of view once i get more time in.

Finding the right guild in this game was the most important thing for me as a PVE player. It took me years and over a dozen guilds to finally find one with like minded PVE players.

Glad you are enjoying the game and +1000 points for the positive attitude.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    the shitty thing is..... that they charge a premium NOT for the acct but for each character you create.  So, if you have alts, they will each cost you a premium sub if you choose to buy it.  Progression is slow without a premium though.  

The good thing is that you only need one character and can play different classes based on gear.
    Renoaku

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!