Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome Back Commander – Why You Really Should Return to Tyria - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    WarWitch said:
    Umm, guild wars 2 has no guild wars, ??? only mass zerg 3 way 80 man fights in wvw.

It's like buying a 150k car that goes 0-60 in 10 seconds.

Wvw is fun though.
    The series was never named for the guild vs. guild pvp but rather a historic event that predates Guild Wars 1 story. 

That said, the variety and quality of pvp modes in the original far exceeds that of Guild Wars 2. I personally miss Alliance Battles.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351
    WarWitch said:
    Umm, guild wars 2 has no guild wars, ??? only mass zerg 3 way 80 man fights in wvw.

Wvw is fun though.
    If a game is fun, isn't that enough reason to play it?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Did I miss where this said sponsored?
    Aeanderexile01Buschkatzealkarionlog
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I saw the part about saving on the POF expansion. But one thing I did not notice for returning players is that they need to be aware, there was a lot of content that dropped between the expansions that will require further purchases. Living World Seasons pave the way for the story to move between the expansions and they really are needed for story continuity, as well as a means to acquire Ascended gear.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    One of the best games I've ever played.
    Buschkatzealkarionlog

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Nothing is more fun than spamming 5 skills over and over like a trained monkey.
    Oh and 2 of those skills are usually worthless from each skill line.

Then you have the other 5 skills you slowly unlock that have cooldowns.

Same boring animations for 7 years.

Then, to top it off? Get excited about those mounts! Yeah those mounts. You know; the ones you need an 80 to get and then have to super grind for the other mounts.
    Oh em gee so fun...
    UnbinoBuschkatze
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    I got some E-mail about giving me some free story thing.. or whatever.. so I logged back in.

All the reasons why I stopped playing are still there.. nothing really has changed for the better.. so.. I logged back out.
    Buschkatzealkarionlog
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NeoyoshiNeoyoshi Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Why would you folks use a Jessica Price twitter post as a snapshot for enthusiasm? She was fired by ArenaNet last year due to misbehavior surrounding twitter and company in-fighting.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/6/17541318/guild-wars-arenanet-jessica-price-peter-fries-fired-reddit
    Aeander

Fishing on Gilgamesh since 2013
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Neoyoshi said:
    Why would you folks use a Jessica Price twitter post as a snapshot for enthusiasm? She was fired by ArenaNet last year due to misbehavior surrounding twitter and company in-fighting.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/6/17541318/guild-wars-arenanet-jessica-price-peter-fries-fired-reddit
    Not all trolls are forum visitors, some lurk in the little writers' room ;)
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Quizzical said:
    WarWitch said:

Wvw is fun though.
    If a game is fun, isn't that enough reason to play it?

if you point out where is the fun here, because i'm not seeing it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.