Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 PTR Patch Reveals Small, But Interesting, New Features - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDiablo 3 PTR Patch Reveals Small, But Interesting, New Features - MMORPG.com

The latest Diablo 3 PTR patch notes have been posted that showcase a few interesting tidbits and some of the first "new" content in quite awhile. Notably, additional stash space has been allotted to players, Ancient or Primal Puzzle Rings used in Kanai's Cube will have a new result, Treasure Goblin portals may occasionally lead to an "udderly ridiculous" place and more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Honestly, between that Season 17 buff and the Puzzle Ring / Treasure Goblin portal stuff, it's enough to make me want to play next season....and that's saying something! :D
    [Deleted User]WhiteLanternPanther2103gervaise1FolmenvelimiriusUNH0LYEV1LSeelinnikoiArskaaaLenox

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

SBFord said:

Honestly, between that Season 17 buff and the Puzzle Ring / Treasure Goblin portal stuff, it's enough to make me want to play next season....and that's saying something! :D

Naw Suzie you have Grim Dawn expansion and now Wolcen to play :-D
    HarikensakinolvelimiriusSeelinnikoi
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    - Torment 14, 15 and 16
    - more stash space/search function
    - Ancient/Primal Puzzle Rings gimmick

Yes, yes, yes. :)
    Seelinnikoi

SBFord said:

1. Don't have a high enough level character for Grim Dawn's expack and won't any time soon.
    2. No Wolcen until there are female playable characters

Diablo 3 it is! :D
    SeelinnikoiLenox

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Aori said:
    SBFord said:
    SBFord said:

1. Don't have a high enough level character for Grim Dawn's expack and won't any time soon.

Just create a custom character or modify yours in Grim Dawn.
    True, I could, but then I'd miss a lot of content. I quit playing long ago. Dunwanna do that either. One of these days I'll pick it up again. :)
    Seelinnikoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Grim Dawn is so good right now.
    Seelinnikoi
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Hariken said:
    Grim Dawn is so good right now.
    Don't torment @SBFord !
    HarikenSeelinnikoi
  • darren28darren28 Member UncommonPosts: 60

SBFord said:

SBFord said:

DO you only play games that have female characters?
    Seelinnikoi
    My free 7 day sub referral with other goodies http://www.swtor.com/r/vGSnnl
    Amazon has a much better deal for Sub price just search for this on Amazon
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Premium Pack

darren28 said:

If it is a premade character like Lara Croft or Geralt, no, it's fine. But if it's a game where you create a character, I will only play it if there is a female option. *shrugs* I generally prefer to play female characters. Sue me. ;)
    [Deleted User]WhiteLanternjimmywolfvelimiriusLiljnaSeelinnikoi3dom

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• darren28darren28 Member UncommonPosts: 60

SBFord said:

darren28 said:

If it is a premade character like Lara Croft or Geralt, no, it's fine. But if it's a game where you create a character, I will only play it if there is a female option. *shrugs* I generally prefer to play female characters. Sue me. ;)

I always chose Female also but that should never stop you from playing a game hmm.
    Seelinnikoi
    My free 7 day sub referral with other goodies http://www.swtor.com/r/vGSnnl
    Amazon has a much better deal for Sub price just search for this on Amazon
    Star Wars: The Old Republic Premium Pack

@darren28 I have been a Wolcen backer since Day 1. I will play it, but I prefer to play as a female character. I can wait. All good things are worth that much. :)

As I said, if there's a premade character, I'll play the game (if interested in it) regardless. If there's a character creation process, I want the option for a female character. I think that's pretty fair. :)
    Seelinnikoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 794
    I can understand that. But I would never play a game as female character. Skipped many games due to that :)
    Seelinnikoi

(Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2019
    SBFord said:

SBFord said:

THere are female characters but that option is turned off for the moment like many things , its in the update notes
    Seelinnikoi
    Scorchien said:
    THere are female characters but that option is turned off for the moment like many things , its in the update notes
    I know! Can't wait. :)
    Seelinnikoi

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    Am I the only one feeling like Diablo franchise has forgotten how much a loyal fan like me has put into it? Therefor I have a hard time rooting for its success? I guess i do not know if i can ever get over the betrayal.
    Life2vSeelinnikoi
  • mandros56mandros56 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Stood in line and enjoyed a launch party with the others waiting on release day and have played off and on since. I bought the xpac with money I earned from the RMAH and still enjoy the game. It's not what I was hoping for as a 3rd installment, but the game is still enjoyable to me for a few weeks at a time when a new season launches. And they still support it and add some free content now and then.
    Life2vSeelinnikoi
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Vasel said:

Am I the only one feeling like Diablo franchise has forgotten how much a loyal fan like me has put into it? Therefor I have a hard time rooting for its success? I guess i do not know if i can ever get over the betrayal.

I expect that feeling is fairly common. How much total did you put into Diablo overall though, from a money point of view? How many hours of fun did you get out of that money?

What was your money cost per hour of entertainment?

Pennies per hour, I expect.

Your feeling of betrayal may be a wee bit unfounded.
    Life2vSeelinnikoi
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

mandros56 said:

Stood in line and enjoyed a launch party with the others waiting on release day and have played off and on since. I bought the xpac with money I earned from the RMAH and still enjoy the game. It's not what I was hoping for as a 3rd installment, but the game is still enjoyable to me for a few weeks at a time when a new season launches. And they still support it and add some free content now and then.

I'm still playing off and on as well, which is more than I can say for many other games I've bought. Considering the amount of revenue they are getting out of it these days (probably next to nothing) I appreciate the content they do add.
    Life2vSeelinnikoi
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Remember guys....only one of many Diablo projects in the works according to Blizzard! Good to see that this small indie company has the man power to give to a title like this. Sounds like they are working too hard!
    Seelinnikoi
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Those extra 5 stash tabs will come in very handy especially for those of us who want to play a couple of different builds of each class.

The only QOL addition I care about still missing is beefing up the cosmetic pets to have them pick up at least mats if not also gear. 
    Seelinnikoi[Deleted User]
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    1. Don't have a high enough level character for Grim Dawn's expack and won't any time soon

Defeat Act 1 Boss and xpack content is open.
    RobbgobbSeelinnikoi
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    edited March 2019
    i just wish that the devs would get rid of ICD's on items like rimeheart and shard of hate so they are not insta junked for meta weapons or atleast let CDR effect them
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Albatroes said:
    Remember guys....only one of many Diablo projects in the works according to Blizzard! Good to see that this small indie company has the man power to give to a title like this. Sounds like they are working too hard!
    Every bit of content D3 gets, no matter how small, is 100% fan service, it really isn’t generating any money for Bliz. D3 got screwed when the RMAH fell through and with it the steady stream of revenue. Expansions and content packs were never going to generate enough money to keep the game going and Bliz cut their losses. They took a risk and lost. Well, we gamers did actually. With a flourishing RMAH there would be plenty of content
    still being made.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's not really even a good game because the difficulty is either you get one shot or it takes forever to kill something in between just killing trash by running past.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    I dont believe SBfords comment at all. Her comments sound like ads. Probably its in her contract to write over positive.
    SBFord