Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem Enters Beta Phase & Celebrates with New Trailer - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I am following this one closely.  It seems pretty interesting, and for me right now I would rather play this over Torchlight Frontiers.  Will have to see how they both come along, though guessing by their pace of development the two will probably release around the same time.
    Sovrath
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• achmedeachmede Member UncommonPosts: 215
    I own this game, tested Beta and it still needs a lot of work.

Game used to be 8/10, they went silent for months, released Alpha, my rating went to 5/10 at that time. Now with this beta its 6/10.

The game just does not " feel " right or worth playing long term atm. But they say a lot more is planned for beta release so, just wait few more months. Trust me on this or don't i am just sharing my thoughts.

It has potential and i hope it makes big boom one day.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Torval said:
    I am following this one closely.  It seems pretty interesting, and for me right now I would rather play this over Torchlight Frontiers.  Will have to see how they both come along, though guessing by their pace of development the two will probably release around the same time.
    Keep an eye on Warhammer Chaosbane as well it is out in June
    I got a chance to play the beta test to that thanks to a gift key from @Scorchien. I agree with you. It has a retro feel to it similar to Diablo II in some ways. Fans of both will want to check it out for sure.
    Aww man, come on, here I was trying to dismiss it thinking it would be dungeon Siege 3 like.

With Sekiro, the new GD expansion and DQ11 STILL waiting to get played, where am I going to find the time.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    If you want worse version of Path of Exile, Grim Dawn and Diablo where you can see inspiration from all of 3 mentioned + no content, gratz, Wolcen is game for you! What is Wolcen's biggest plus? You can be absolutely braindead and still do more than fine, you don't need to worry about anything like in Grim Dawn or PoE ...They had vision with Wolcen and gave up and started to copying popular ARPG's...this game is literally one step forward, two steps back :)
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited March 2019
    Torval said:
    lahnmir said:
    Torval said:
    Keep an eye on Warhammer Chaosbane as well it is out in June
    I got a chance to play the beta test to that thanks to a gift key from @Scorchien. I agree with you. It has a retro feel to it similar to Diablo II in some ways. Fans of both will want to check it out for sure.
    Aww man, come on, here I was trying to dismiss it thinking it would be dungeon Siege 3 like.

With Sekiro, the new GD expansion and DQ11 STILL waiting to get played, where am I going to find the time.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    What do you mean by DS3 like. I've never played them so it could be. I also only played a weekend of limited content so my experience is extremely limited. I did enjoy what I played though. It wasn't Diablo 2, but shared some stylistic commonalities. It really felt like its own game from what I did get to experience. The Warhammer setting is nice. I would like to see that expanded in the future if the game takes off.

I also have DQ11 yet to be played. Fortunately Wolcen is still in early dev. They seem completely focused on the new system so that is a huge step forward in my opinion. I'm still testing it out.
    DS3 combat was a bit slower and you were never fighting large groups. Classes were interesting but there was little to no development or building and tweaking, just a small group of skills you could modify a bit. It was also very story driven with no backtracking or repeatable/random content. It was almost more of an isometric action game and while some fun was to be had its most definitely not what I am looking for in a WH ARPG. The loot was pretty boring too without exciting modfiers and variety. Chaosbane really felt like the above to me and I want a more Diablo3 / experience badly for this universe.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I am not sure but does this game have  a pet class?
    Chamber of Chains
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    In the steam reviews, quite a few people complain about the game being "dumbed down" during the transition from alpha to beta.

Can someone who has experience with both comment on this? Has the game lost depth and complexity entering beta? Does it feel too shallow and simple in its current state?
    Only had a few days of alpha play, but it has definitely lost  depth and complexity.  There's just a dungeon treadmill right now in beta.  You could wander around the world's zones in alpha.  Weapons were more obviously complex.  Spell/abilities weren't always tied to weaponry.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    cheyane said:
    I am not sure but does this game have  a pet class?
    As far as I know Wolcen doesn't have classes.